Low fat fish

MAJIKMAN

Awards
Other than Tuna, what are some low fat types of fish that are healthy to eat on a daily basis?

PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy

Awards
  • Established
Lets see...

Sardines packed in water, perch, pike, trout, sole, cod, some seafood and shellfish. I'm thinking a lot of freshwater fish, salmon is relatively high in fat compare to the previous ones listed but nevertheless still good for you.

swollwilliams

swollwilliams

Awards
  • Established
tilapia rocks.. one indiv. wrapped frozen fillet has 1g fat, 40mg sodium, 0carbs, 20g protein. cook up 2-3 depending on size, and you're good. no fishy taste, easy and quick to cook, cheap on the wallet too-

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
i can't think of any fish that are high in bad fats.

AllMaxBrian

Awards
Tilapia, Halibut, Orange Roughy, Cod, Flounder, Grouper...there are tons!

BBDF

BBDF

Awards
Most light flaky fish like tilapia,haddock, pollock,etc... are pretty low in fat. But remember the fats in fish are good fats Salmon,Bluefish,Char,etc... are all high in fats but there all very healthy.
The thing you have to watch out for if your going to be eating them a lot is mercury, tilapia, pollock, and salmon are all heavily farmed and contain a lot of mercury.

spearfisher

spearfisher

Awards
My fav is taking a big a slab of salmon, brine it over night and then smoke in on a cedar plank the next day. I can snack off that for DAYS :) Used to serve up tilapia a lot until my wife found out its a bottom feeder, now its known as the $#!T fish at my house and no one will eat it lol. Someone mentioned seafood and shellfish......as far as shellfish go, which in your opinions are good/bad? I tend to like it all if its from the ocean.

bubbachew

Awards
  • Established
Shark is absolutely amazing. Also, Mahi Mahi, although it's a mammal, not a fish:)

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
Shark is absolutely amazing. Also, Mahi Mahi, although it's a mammal, not a fish:)
ive wanted to try shark, no one sells it in minnesota tho haha

talipa and salmon ftw, i can eat that all day

spearfisher

spearfisher

Awards
Shark is really good. Very dense. Good piece to put on the grill. My wife is partial to Mahi Mahi. I pretty much like it all. Got a big slab of salmon sitting in a brine solution right now. Will be smoking it this afternoon. I will be able to snack on it for days. Very good stuff

bubbachew

Awards
  • Established
Shark is really good. Very dense. Good piece to put on the grill. My wife is partial to Mahi Mahi. I pretty much like it all. Got a big slab of salmon sitting in a brine solution right now. Will be smoking it this afternoon. I will be able to snack on it for days. Very good stuff
Mr brother and I are just getting ready to throw 2 lbs of shark on the grill as we speak. Mmmmmmm....can't wait.

spearfisher

spearfisher

Awards
I'm moving to the gulf at the end of the year, by my screen name, you can guess what my favorite hobby is :) I love snapper season!!!

fightercowboy

fightercowboy

Awards
  • Established
Actually, Mahi Mahi is a fish. Common misconception that it is a mammal since it is sometimes called dolphin-fish.

rtagz

Awards
Just to add to the list, swordfish and grouper are delicious! But again same warnings as above.

vika808

vika808

Awards
  • Established
tiapila or red snapper if u got the money
here in hawaii tilapia grows in dirty canal water, we eat ahi (yellow fin tuna) aku which is a red meat fish, mahi mahi, we have alot to choose from here and they are all free, you just have to catch um!!!

AllMaxBrian

Awards
I just picked up some Perch and Whiting from Aldi (discount food store)...I'd recommend both, the Whiting is a little bland but throw some wasabi mustard on it and you'll be happy.