320 lbs. need some nutritional help please!

figgs0798

figgs0798

Awards
ok so i wrote down a meal plan on fitday. i am 315-320lbs. and am looking to lose 100lbs. tell me what u think of this: 2700 calories. 118g fat. 130g carbs. 288g protein. those are daily intake values of my input. not enough calories?? fat?? carbs?? protein?? any input would be helpful, thanks!:thanks:

PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy

Awards
  • Established
First off, whats your BMR? 2700 calories a day seems quite low for your weight, even if you are trying to lose weight you don't want to cut calories too drastically at the start.

Second, a ~25/25/50 macro split might leave you feeling a little bit drained. In your position I would up my carbs slightly, but thats just my opinion. While simply lowering your calories will cause you to lose weight, it depends on what quality these calories are.

Also, in case you're not, break your meals into smaller portions. 6+ would be good.

Anyone else have some opinions on this?

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
First off, whats your BMR? 2700 calories a day seems quite low for your weight, even if you are trying to lose weight you don't want to cut calories too drastically at the start.

Second, a ~25/25/50 macro split might leave you feeling a little bit drained. In your position I would up my carbs slightly, but thats just my opinion. While simply lowering your calories will cause you to lose weight, it depends on what quality these calories are.

Also, in case you're not, break your meals into smaller portions. 6+ would be good.

Good advice. Focus on being 500 or so calories deficient and you should lose pretty quick. I wouldn't go 25/25/50 if you're low cal too.

wild12

Awards

Basically agree with you, you don't want to start out too drastic. 2700 calories seems a little high to me still, but it all depends on your BMR and activity levels too. Personally for the amount of weight you want to lose you will probably want to end up being somewhere around 2000-2500 calories per day (depending on BMR and activity levels of course). The macro breakdown does seem a little excessive as well (for just beginning to diet)...I don't think you'll need that much protein for how much weight you want to lose, and I would also up the carbs a bit to give you some more energy.

figgs0798

figgs0798

Awards
bmr

my bmr is 2738. if that helps.