Inulin Fiber and BCAA Post-Workout

PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy

Awards
  • Established
My question to you all is, would taking a PWO drink with Inulin and BCAA be ok? Or should one just stick to fast digesing carbs PWO?
I'd keep the BCAA but with the fiber I would stay away from. Its true that fiber will slow absorption, but the question is (and I don't have the answer to), will the processed powdered fiber be just as effective as fiber found in food in slowing digestion.

U

UKStrength

I'd keep the BCAA but with the fiber I would stay away from. Its true that fiber will slow absorption, but the question is (and I don't have the answer to), will the processed powdered fiber be just as effective as fiber found in food in slowing digestion.
I would stay away from the fibre too post workout, reduced absorption of nutrients is the last thing you want in this state.

I'd also be careful how much inulin you use, whilst it's true that inulin has a lot of good properties in a similar fashion to other forms of soluble fibre: minimal impact on blood sugar, prebiotic, lowers cholesterol and blood triglycerides etc., however, in large amounts it can stimulate the proliferation of harmful microflora (yeast) causing severe gastric complaints and even 'leaky' gut syndrome (Gibson, 1999).

Definitely avoid it postworkout or keep it to a minimum and don't go crazy with it the rest of the day, keep it natural sources (food) where possible :)

B

bmxrazr

Awards
Nice, thanks for the advice guys, just wanted to know if it would be beneficial PWO, obviously found my answer lol.