Inulin Fiber and BCAA Post-Workout
- 05-05-2009, 09:10 AM
- 05-05-2009, 02:08 PM
My question to you all is, would taking a PWO drink with Inulin and BCAA be ok? Or should one just stick to fast digesing carbs PWO?
05-05-2009, 06:22 PM
I'd also be careful how much inulin you use, whilst it's true that inulin has a lot of good properties in a similar fashion to other forms of soluble fibre: minimal impact on blood sugar, prebiotic, lowers cholesterol and blood triglycerides etc., however, in large amounts it can stimulate the proliferation of harmful microflora (yeast) causing severe gastric complaints and even 'leaky' gut syndrome (Gibson, 1999).
Definitely avoid it postworkout or keep it to a minimum and don't go crazy with it the rest of the day, keep it natural sources (food) where possible
05-05-2009, 08:16 PM
Nice, thanks for the advice guys, just wanted to know if it would be beneficial PWO, obviously found my answer lol.
Similar Forum Threads
- By Christenson26 in forum SupplementsReplies: 7Last Post: 07-29-2014, 06:13 PM
- By PrimiFit in forum SupplementsReplies: 19Last Post: 12-06-2012, 02:43 PM
- By John33 in forum SupplementsReplies: 66Last Post: 09-09-2011, 04:33 PM
- By FireRescue in forum SupplementsReplies: 5Last Post: 11-18-2008, 08:59 AM
- By sundevil04 in forum SupplementsReplies: 0Last Post: 07-05-2006, 02:02 AM