is the anabolic diet healthy?

classic27

I have been looking at these high fat, moderate protein, low carbs diets and wondering are they really healthy and do they work. What do you all on anabolic minds think about theses diets? Would they be ideal for doing a recomp?

UKStrength

I have been looking at these high fat, moderate protein, low carbs diets and wondering are they really healthy and do they work. What do you all on anabolic minds think about theses diets? Would they be ideal for doing a recomp?
I think they're certainly an option for those individuals who respond well to this type of dietary regime.

Some trainees don't operate well on low carbohydrates or certainly not for extended periods of time (days/weeks). I'm one of those people, this could make the diet 'unhealthy' from a psychological standpoint.

However, higher fat diets are touted to promote better insulin sensitivity, enhanced hormone function (growth hormone and testosterone in particular) and excellent for people who don't tolerate a large amount of dietary carbohydrates well, making them feel sluggishy, lethargic or even sick in some cases.

I think it would be an excellent diet to try for a recomp if you've not attempted a diet of this nature before, it's certainly well reviewed and there'll be plenty of guys on here who I'm sure would share their experiences of it with you.

Give it a go, see how you feel and report back if you run into difficulties mate.

PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy

Awards
  • Established
I haven't studied very many reviews, but from what from what I've seen I've only heard good things.

I'm thinking about giving this a trial run during the summer myself, if I do I plan on getting total bloodwork before, during, and after, just to see what kind of situation i put through my body through.

If you're interested and don't have a copy of the book, you can PM me

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
I have been on the AD diet now for 6 months and I am really enjoying it so far. I have more consistent energy throughout the day, less hunger, less flatulence / gas, better skin moisture, and an elimination of dandruff. As far as the actually health benefits from it I have reduced my blood pressure since starting the diet with no change in the amount of cardiovascular work. The only downsides I have experienced is that I do not noticed stimulants as much as I use to despite a break from them and use of Reset AD. Also I can not get the carb up downs to save my life, I always end up only eating about 600gs of carbs during my carb up because they just make me feel crappy. I have experiment with a few different approaches to the carb up and the one that seems to work best is a one day carb up with a 50/50 mix of simple and complex carbs and moderate fat intake.