Milk+Casein before bed?
- 05-03-2009, 08:52 PM
- 05-03-2009, 09:05 PM
05-03-2009, 09:48 PM
05-03-2009, 10:13 PM
Peanut Butter adds more calories if you need them and is delicious. It also provides essential fatty acids.
05-04-2009, 03:15 AM
05-04-2009, 04:57 AM
05-05-2009, 01:01 AM
I do the same but with 1 scoop and with skim milk.
OP, I didn't even think about your point about the carbs...I am going to try it with water tonight...let's see if I can stand the taste.
Edit: Actually, I did try it with 1/2 milk 1/2 water last time and it was pretty good, so you could try that to cut down on carbs without sacrificing to much taste.
Edit #2: Just tried it, it's pretty good! I'll be doing this from now on I think. YMMV though...I use ON 100% Casein from Nutraplanet.
05-05-2009, 11:43 AM
05-05-2009, 12:02 PM
05-05-2009, 12:12 PM
I think the main point is control over insulin, don't go mad with the carbs at night and send it skyrocketing, but don't worry about a few grams from your milk.
Perhaps switch to a low carb milk, eat eggs, meat or some other protein source and some vegetables or have cottage cheese instead?
You're quite right, the presence of fat in the gut slows gastric emptying time. Soluble fibre also has this effect on the gut.Originally Posted by rah22491
Similar Forum Threads
- By toosmall in forum NutraplanetReplies: 20Last Post: 01-23-2010, 07:33 PM
- By bbbeast in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 2Last Post: 12-09-2009, 03:35 AM
- By AndreAnabolic in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 2Last Post: 12-06-2008, 09:10 AM
- By TheNinja in forum SupplementsReplies: 6Last Post: 07-05-2007, 03:41 PM
- By Gaf Knee in forum Weight LossReplies: 3Last Post: 09-09-2003, 10:08 PM