Stims before cardio?

jimmbow

jimmbow

Awards
Stimulants(N.O., Caffeine, etc) before cardio?

So, I heard a while ago that taking NO before cardio was bad because your heart becomes reliant on it, among other things. I was wondering if this was true? Or if taking something like Jack3d was bad before cardio? Right now I dont take anything, but an extra boost wouldnt hurt.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So, I heard a while ago that taking NO before cardio was bad because your heart becomes reliant on it, among other things. I was wondering if this was true? Or if taking something like Jack3d was bad before cardio? Right now I dont take anything, but an extra boost wouldnt hurt.
I never heard that about No before nor have seen studies. I beleive there are studies on NO(aagk, arginine) actually being good for muscle. I mean sure its not going to work as fast as prohormones or steroids, nothing works that fast, in the short term of things.

For myself, when losing body-fat, like pre-conest, a stimulant is used. I do think its a good idea to cycle off of them and give the adrenals a break. Maybe take some reset ad if you have to have them. I know I can cycle off of them and Im fine so if I can do it I know you can do it. transoting into the time off stimulants peroid try some l-tyrosine. Its pretty nice pre-gym. of course if you work out later , and stimulant sensative you may want to not use it or watch your dose.

jimmbow

jimmbow

Awards
oooohhhhh my bad! I meant stims as in caffeine and stuff, ooopppss!

UKStrength

Not at all mate.

If anything it would make the cardio more efficient because caffeine causes a direct 'lipolytic' effect on the body after administration (releases more fatty acids in the bloodstream for energy).

So if you're doing say fasted cardio, you're burning more fat, releasing more fat from stores and able to go that little bit further due to the stimulation.

All good stuff I reckon! :)

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If I'm doing light cardio in conjunction with my weight training i don't care if I have stims on board. If I am do serious/heavy cardio I do not take any stims.

Abdullah411

Awards
As long as carbs are low it's perfectly fine since it increases noradrenline release which in turn increases fat metabolism. Before cardio is perhaps one of the best times to use a stimulant. If you use stims before weight training it'll help spear glycogen and spare the breakdown of amino acids. So if you have a more efficient metabolism, you may find it more effective to use a stim before weight training rather than cardio. Before weight training for someone with a fast metabolism will help stem muscle breakdown.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If I am do serious/heavy cardio I do not take any stims.
Im the opposite when Im doing heavy cardio i take stims when Im just doing it for good cardiovasular health i dont take stimulants. Cardio is pretty much year round . it used to not be. I could get away in the past. and its good to have good cadriovasular health which helped with the intense training which is many times is cardiovasular training .

kingjmack

kingjmack

Awards
I usually drink 3-4 cups of coffee with breakfast and then go to the gym about 30 minutes later.

UKStrength

I usually drink 3-4 cups of coffee with breakfast and then go to the gym about 30 minutes later.
If I did that ^^^^ I'd be pissing for the UK! ;) I just pop 200-400mg caffeine or some yohmbine hcl before training and some ephedrine (if I'm using it).

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would see no issue with a stim prior to cardio, especially with an early session of cardio. On cuts, I have used E/C prior to fasted early am cardio, with excellent results.

UKStrength

I would see no issue with a stim prior to cardio, especially with an early session of cardio. On cuts, I have used E/C prior to fasted early am cardio, with excellent results.
Same :) It's the only thing that'll make me do my cardio fasted!

PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy

Awards
  • Established
In my opinion, you should stay away from stim use with heavy cardio (HIIT, sprints, mma).

Stim use will raise your heartrate and combined with intense cardiovascular load, I don't see a good combination as your HR already will be nearing the upper end of the max.

Its definitely great for that low intensity/fast cardio though

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In my opinion, you should stay away from stim use with heavy cardio (HIIT, sprints, mma).

Stim use will raise your heartrate and combined with intense cardiovascular load, I don't see a good combination as your HR already will be nearing the upper end of the max.

Its definitely great for that low intensity/fast cardio though

I agree. In the heavy cardio dept. stims in the end can actually hurt your productivity and endurance.

PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy

Awards
  • Established
I agree. In the heavy cardio dept. stims in the end can actually hurt your productivity and endurance.
I use to do a Geranamine/Yohimbine/Caffeine before I'd run intervals. The appetite and stimulant effects were quite amazing the first few times, but I definitely noticed a decrease in performance after about two weeks. The most interesting thing was that I did rough HR monitoring during this period through pulse counting, and while i was taking the GYC stack my heartrate was significantly higher during warm up and sprinting, but my performance lagged as a result. Not to mention that I feel stim use for that kind of thing defeats the purpose... High intensity cardio is more a test of willpower than anything else, using stims as a crutch will only hinder the benefits