Toenail infection fungus

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know it is gross but my doc wants me to take Lamisil it is hard on the liver. Does anyone know if a high protein diet can effect the nails.

My toenails are thick and brittle and also yellowish.

Does anyone know of any other way to treat it besides lamisil. I developed this problem when I was in the military.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I know it is gross but my doc wants me to take Lamisil it is hard on the liver. Does anyone know if a high protein diet can effect the nails.

Does anyone know of any other way to treat it besides lamisil. I developed this problem when I was in the military.
Didnt wear your shower shoes huh?

Adams

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wish it was that simple, damn wet boots playing in the field.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

No, a high protein diet will not affect your nails. What you have is simply fungal and that's it. It sounds like it's pretty bad and deep. Lamasil is a perfectly fine treatment and really is not that harsh on your liver. As ling as you don't booze it up like the town drunkard and prolly stay away from PH/AAS etc. until you come off there is nothing to worry about it. I treat my Marines for this all the time.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

If you really want to resolve the problem, you need to start on the antifungal as recommended. Many people don't realize how difficult toe nail fungus can be to erradicate once it's proven significant.

I say take the lamisil and get this taken care of. If anything, it will become a cosmetic issue in ways if not treated effectively.

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
I had toe nail fungus a few years ago - wasn't drying my feet completely before putting on socks and shoes. Anyway, it got bad to the point where I was peeling layers off my toe nail, clipping deep into the nail bed, all to get more of it exposed and apply some polish the dr gave me to dry it off.
Anyway, the dr gave me a 30 day scrip for Lamisil and it completely cleared it up - I was amazed. I didn't refill after 30 days - didn't need it.

p00ndawg

p00ndawg

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I had a issue with one of my nails where there were like shingles across my whole nail.
Had for awhile too, as it would grow, more of these lines would come in too.
As soon as I got on a high protein diet they went away and grew out.

eros62d

eros62d

Awards
Apply tea tree oil to your toenails and do a candida cleanse if you want to go the natural route. Colloidal silver works well for this also. A 30 day cycle of Lamisil isn't that harsh though.

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Apply tea tree oil to your toenails and do a candida cleanse if you want to go the natural route. Colloidal silver works well for this also. A 30 day cycle of Lamisil isn't that harsh though.

Do you recommened a good Candida Cleanse product? How long do you have to go colloidal silver?

eros62d

eros62d

Awards
Do you recommened a good Candida Cleanse product? How long do you have to go colloidal silver?
A company called Renew Life makes a great one,you can find it at most health food stores,or online. I use coll silver every day,1 teaspoon,except during the winter months,I use 2 teaspoons a day. Also soak a cotton ball in tea tree oil and rub on your toenails,kills the fungus.

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
To do the CandiGone Cleanse it is recommened that you stay away from starches, sugars, carbs. Because yeast feeds off of these.

How do you make this pratical if you are weightlifting and you need those for energy.

eros62d

eros62d

Awards
To do the CandiGone Cleanse it is recommened that you stay away from starches, sugars, carbs. Because yeast feeds off of these.

How do you make this pratical if you are weightlifting and you need those for energy.
Well,you're not avoiding carbs to he point of going into ketosis on a cleanse. But you do need to avoid simple carbs like white bread,sugar,white potatoes,ect. until you get the candida under control. I know,it's tough lifting without carbs,but you can still have veggies,some sweet potatoes,Ezekiel bread,brown rice in moderation. I follow a low to moderate carb cycling plan most of the time. 400-500grams day one,200-300 day two,50-100 day three,repeat.

Korben

Korben

Awards
Lamisil is the way to got really... and it really isn't that bad for you. Also, it works!

D3vildog

D3vildog

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like the Lamisil should take care of it.

Off topic a little but have you ever had a toenail removed surgically? With Silver Nitrate or W/e its called? Oh man, 5 injections to numb the pain. Then they cut the nail, and Rrrriiiippp that ****er out. Then silver nitrate to kill the Matrix or something so it never grows back. Only it does. And it hurts for days.. especially when you have a 3 mile full pack hump that day.

I feel for you sir.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Off topic a little but have you ever had a toenail removed surgically? With Silver Nitrate or W/e its called? Oh man, 5 injections to numb the pain. Then they cut the nail, and Rrrriiiippp that ****er out. Then silver nitrate to kill the Matrix or something so it never grows back. Only it does. And it hurts for days.. especially when you have a 3 mile full pack hump that day.

I feel for you sir.
The silver nitrate was to cauterize the wound left from removing the toenail. I've ripped many a nail off of Marines. :sgrin:

D3vildog

D3vildog

Awards
  • Established
... I hate you. Lol That **** hurt, and burned sooo bad.

Doc Says: "STFU it doesn't hurt puppy dog"

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
... I hate you. Lol That **** hurt, and burned sooo bad.

Doc Says: "STFU it doesn't hurt puppy dog"
i used to call our boots devil pups and hand out blues clues and hello kitty bandaids to them during the shot ex's. Ha

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
I used Lamisil, Clorox (diluted), and peroxide/vinegar

Got rid of it in 90 days 100%. It was noticeably gone in 45 days.

Warning, do not mix vinegar and Clorox because it was burn the hair off of your skin, toes, and completely singe your skin.

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I feel for you sir.

Yeah I developed this problem while I was in the Marines.