Diet help\Advice for Bulking

C

Cupcakemafia

Awards
Some friends of mine are constantly nagging me about how i eat too much. From my understanding, in order to gain size while training i need to be eating anywhere from 3-4000 calories a day and roughly 200-250 grams of protein. Carbs also important of course before and after workout. So heres my typical day lay out:

Meal 1:
1 large glass of milk
5 eggs (3 yolks)
1 cup of cottage cheese
1 bowl of oatmeal with chopped banana or strawberries

Meal 2:
1 Turkey/ beef sandwich
1 glass water
1 apple or banana

Meal 3:
1 glass water
1 bowl of chili (made with lean turkey meat) black beans, chili beans, kidney beans onion etc
OR
1 bowl wheat pasta w/ chicken, bell peppers, onion, etc. easy canola oil

Meal 4:
1 glass water
1 Salad w/ can of tuna or chicken breast

WORK OUT

Meal 5:
1 Protein shake 3 scoops of True Mass whey

Meal 6:
1 glass water
1 Chicken breast and brocoli or asparagus
OR
1 Salad with tuna or chicken

I will switch around the carb meals based on my workout and eat the starches prior to workout and keep the good carbs like vegies fruits etc after workout. Also taking amino acids, omega 3, milk thistle, vitamin c, multi vitamins daily. Any input is appreciated!!!

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
3000-4000 calories aren't required to bulk, though it definitely makes things easier.

meal 5 is probably a little too high in protein, but i'm guessing. i would split that one shake into a pre and post workout shake.

stats? height/weight/body type?

C

Cupcakemafia

Awards
3000-4000 calories aren't required to bulk, though it definitely makes things easier.

meal 5 is probably a little too high in protein, but i'm guessing. i would split that one shake into a pre and post workout shake.

stats? height/weight/body type?
6 '1 / 175 (up 10 lbs in 2 months btw)/ thin athletic

The shake is 3 scoops per serving and is 45 grams of protein/ 600 cal and 70 carbs. What is the most protein the body can absorb in one serving?

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
6 '1 / 175 (up 10 lbs in 2 months btw)/ thin athletic

The shake is 3 scoops per serving and is 45 grams of protein/ 600 cal and 70 carbs. What is the most protein the body can absorb in one serving?
30g is the going rate - more if the protein is dual sourced, or if you're protein deprived (which shouldn't be happening). pre workout nutrition helps you stave off catabolism in addition to giving you the energy to power through your workout. try splitting that shake in two servings, one 10-15 minutes before the gym, and the other half upon finishing your workout. give it a shot for a couple days to see if it helps you.

post back to let us know if you can feel a difference while working out - more reps/poundage generally leads to more size :)

C

Cupcakemafia

Awards
So far I am 3 days into it and I have kind of noticed a difference! I have also read some articles that say it is better to drink a protein shake right before workout because the protein is absorbed immediately. It makes sense... so im gonna keep on trucking and see how it goes.

U

UKStrength

Diet looks nice mate, keep track of your weight and body measurements to gauge your progress.

Suncloud's already given you some awesome advice, not sure if I can add much! ;)

You could try a peri-workout drink, I've found it really helps me push harder during training and staves off catabolism even further.

BCAAs/EAAs are an excellent choice (e.g. Xtend, Purple Wraath) for this job.