Something smells Fishy!

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Ok ladies and gents!
First i would like to give you some history on my life, then you will see where im going with this. ha.
I was diagnosed with chrones disease when i was in 9th grade. I have been struggling with it ever since, until now. I have been on all sorts of meds. Pentasa, Remicade, Prednisone, etc. All of these meds suck, side effects and all. I based my life that these meds would fix my problem and "somewhat" change my diet to help with the inflammation on the ulcers. I was doing pretty good and regular bowels, until my g-paw passed which had stressed me out. Which from the stress, inflammation spiked. I was sent to the hospital and stayed there for a week till things "healed". This was about freshman year of college. Things had not been the same since then.
Stress/Inflamation started taking over. Dry joints, anxiety, pressure in chest, pain in chest, high cholesterol, depression, catabalism etc. etc. I was feeling like crap. I thought my body was 60 yrs old.

Then i started reading, i would reccomend these books for anyone. "the makers diet" and "anti-inflamation zone diet" similar to The zone diet. These books explain how there is silent inflammation through out the whole body that causes heart attacks, joint problems/arthritis, gastro intestinal problems, strokes, high colesterol etc. Silent inflammation which is mostly ignored then turns into "screaming" inflamation. This is when we start to notice problems, cause its "screaming". Ha, Dur. In both of these books they talk about how much a high omega diet helps ward off inflamation.
"the makers diet" also explains how to fight mental and physical stress. Some of it is self explanitory. But the supplements that are made by Garden of life. Are amazing! The diet that is layed out for you is a cleansing type diet for 40 days. The diet is a HIGH Omega diet. Of coarse i have fish oil in my diet. The Fish oil is a concentrated type that is about 4g in a serving I take these 3 times daily. On top of this is olive oil imported, organic. Quality is alot more important. In my diet i basicall cut out breads and such. I get most of my carbs from fruit and vegies.
I wanted to post this up to tell people about the company, books, diet. The diet and supplements are helping me out soooooooo much. I feel great. I actually feel how a healthy 21 year old should feel!
I have seen many other posts about people preaching on how you should take fish oil. I just wanted to give my two cents, and preach also! If you dont want to buy the books. Then atleast try some fishoil in strong concentration. Whats there to loose. Plus the benefits are more than i can count on my hands and feet!. OH and plus im keeping my gains! apparently A high omega diet can be pretty anabolic. Now of coarse ask your doc first. I would not suggest it for peeps on blood thinning meds, So ive heard.

Now if you seem sceptic about this. Even my blood results were pretty sweet. MY inflammation had dropped lower than i ever had since my diagnosis! I just wish i had known about all of this when i was in high school.

I suggest for the peeps that dont believe me. Look it up, do some research. Im positive that you will find plenty of research to back up this stuff. Now if you want to be cheap on buying fish oil and start buying the costco economy package, 6000 pills for 4 bucks, (exadurated i know) just make sure to keep an eye on your mineral intake. All of those products are not pure fish oil.

Also real olive oil is normally in a dark container. normally green. The light exposure ruins the quality. Your money really goes a long way on the product. Olive oil also should not be used for cooking. I would suggest coconut oil which is also full of omegas and does not get ruined when under heat. Olive oil i would use for shakes, cold products, or just by itself.

I think i covered it and got it all down. I apologize for the bad spelling, real tired.

Thanx for reading. God Bless.

UKStrength

Cheers for the information mate.

From everything I've read, I believe chronic inflammation exacerbates the onset and development of many of the lifestyle-related diseases that are the bane of modern society (obesity, type II diabetes, cancer, Cardiovascular disease) and the reduction of symptoms in other inflammatory-based chronic diseases such as chrones disease, cystic fibrosis, ulcerative colitis etc.

I feel that diets that combat body composition changes have to look at this component seriously, as current clinical practice doesn't really consider this an issue in dietary modification.

I'm glad that you've seen the benefits of a high omega 3 intake. I've been pushing to get approval for some more paediatric obesity research in this field but it's tough getting past ethics.

You're a testament and an inspiration to others for your perseverance against the odds, chrones disease is a serious condition, I take my hat off to you. Good luck in your training mate.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Cheers for the information mate.

From everything I've read, I believe chronic inflammation exacerbates the onset and development of many of the lifestyle-related diseases that are the bane of modern society (obesity, type II diabetes, cancer, Cardiovascular disease) and the reduction of symptoms in other inflammatory-based chronic diseases such as chrones disease, cystic fibrosis, ulcerative colitis etc.

I feel that diets that combat body composition changes have to look at this component seriously, as current clinical practice doesn't really consider this an issue in dietary modification.

I'm glad that you've seen the benefits of a high omega 3 intake. I've been pushing to get approval for some more paediatric obesity research in this field but it's tough getting past ethics.

You're a testament and an inspiration to others for your perseverance against the odds, chrones disease is a serious condition, I take my hat off to you. Good luck in your training mate.
Dang man. Well i appreciate it! I owuld love for this information to get out more. More research on it and what not. Its slowely getting out. I also heard not much research is not in it mainly because of how pharmaceuticals can not "copy" the product? You think this is true?

Sinon

Sinon

Awards
Tegs also suffers from that. Check out his workout log

UKStrength

Dang man. Well i appreciate it! I owuld love for this information to get out more. More research on it and what not. Its slowely getting out. I also heard not much research is not in it mainly because of how pharmaceuticals can not "copy" the product? You think this is true?
No worries mate, pleasure's all mine.

I don't think its a case of not being able to 'copy' the product (there's plenty of cheap fish oil capsules available on the market), the purification process of high quality fish oil is expensive and therefore you can't sell it for a low price. That's why there's so many cheap, rubbish omega 3 products available.

I'm hoping clinically-approved companies that supply Omega-3 fish oil on prescription (e.g. Omacor) will make their supplements available over the counter, people need access to this valuable product.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
No worries mate, pleasure's all mine.

I don't think its a case of not being able to 'copy' the product (there's plenty of cheap fish oil capsules available on the market), the purification process of high quality fish oil is expensive and therefore you can't sell it for a low price. That's why there's so many cheap, rubbish omega 3 products available.

I'm hoping clinically-approved companies that supply Omega-3 fish oil on prescription (e.g. Omacor) will make their supplements available over the counter, people need access to this valuable product.
Wow i did not know about omacor. I thought there was not any.... I wounder if i could ask my doctor to prescribe this to me....

UKStrength

Wow i did not know about omacor. I thought there was not any.... I wounder if i could ask my doctor to prescribe this to me....
Possibly, it's a standard prescription for secondary prevention of an MI in heart disease patients in the UK, not sure about the US. Here's their website for your viewing pleasure:

http://www.omacor.co.uk/