pre bed time meal, bad for growth hormone.??..

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  173 lbs.
    Answers

pre bed time meal, bad for growth hormone.??..

ok guys....ive been doing a lot of research about growth hormone latley and ive found that it is a fact that insulin inhibits/reduces the release of it......that said, due to the fact that most of our gh is released during the first 2 hours of sleep wudnt that mean that a pre bed time meal might in a way be bad for our growth hormones....UNLESS...the meal would consist of foods with extremly low GI....does any1 no more about this matter ?? or do any of u have examples of meals with very very low GI.........
    plz guys dont think im trying to be clever , im just a lil confused and i wanna get things straight in my head and to be honest it quite an interesting topic...

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  173 lbs.
    Answers

in conclusion, apparently it is better to eat sumthing 2 hours befor sleep to avoid insulin clashing with the growth hormone........unless as i was thinking u eat some rilli low gi foos, like prob some penut butter with some cottage cheese or a couple of eggs whites just befor sleeping.....what u think guys??
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Answers

I'm not certain about it, but i will say that i eat cottage cheese and blueberrys before bed.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  0 lbs.
    Answers

Ive never noticed any difference as long as I didnt eat fast carbs, these days I generally stick to some olive oil and tuna pre bed
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.
    Answers

eating right before bed would always distrupt my sleep. I try not to eat two hours before bed
    “We are what we repeatedly do. Therefore, excellence is not an act, but a habit.”
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  173 lbs.
    Answers

Casein shake is low carb and like 1g sugar maybe
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  209 lbs.
    Answers

Carbs do affect growth hormone secretion before bed, low gi is much better, i just have a casein protein shake about 80 grams protein with water.
    Gause institute member

Need2slin designer.Product designer/ **** admin.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  173 lbs.
    Answers

interesting.....casein is actually a good idea, but cuming to think of it wudnt protein also cause a lil insulin, due to deamination (i think that means the conversion of protein to carbs).....how about a bit of cottage cheese would that work?? and also wudnt the smaller the meal mean less insulin thus more secretion of GH??......
    Oh and i was also thinking (i actually read it sumwhere) that i cud go to sleep 2 hours befor last meal, then wake up four hours during th night and have a shake, then go back to sleep.....the huge amount of GH and testosterone in my blood stream shud force all the nutrients in my muscles??....
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  173 lbs.
    Answers

by the way i rilli appreciate ur responses
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Answers

1/2 cup almonds and fish oil down the hatch. T-minus 90 minutes til crash-down.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-04-2007, 12:32 PM
  2. growth hormone
    By jvb20 in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-11-2007, 07:18 PM
  3. growth hormone
    By jvb20 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3