Tap Water, safe to drink?

LionKingGod

LionKingGod

Awards
Lets get real here.

Is Tap Water Safe to drink or not?

what would happen if all of us went to our local authorities and demanded to know exactly what was put in their, and went as fair to go to the university lab to check for ourselves?

lets do it!

mytime09

mytime09

Awards
actually depending on where you live tap water can be very good for you. like here in ct we have great tap water. i went to school in florida and it was disgusting. tap contains fluoride so its actually good for your teeth.

wrkn4bigrmusles

Awards
  • Established
i grew up on tap water before all that new fancy smancy bottled water came out... never had a cavity or bad health problems

LionKingGod

LionKingGod

Awards
2009 is the year I Am Going to Rise and Shine and I already Am Rising and Shining!

9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Fluoride may be good for preventing cavities, but it certainly isn't good to swallow it. It is in such a low concentration that it won't kill you but it is still toxic.

washingtonirvin

Awards
" Fluoride may be good for preventing cavities, but it certainly isn't good to swallow it. It is in such a low concentration that it won't kill you but it is still toxic. "

I'm right there with you. Fluoride is one of the most toxic compounds out there.

That said, my tap water contains around 200 parts per million of non-water particles. The Z-pitcher filtration system I have gets it down to zero ppm. I would bet that there are other parts of your lifestyle that are way more harmful than tap water.

If it's up to me, though, I'll take filtered water any day.

lamboruns

Awards
The militias Say the government puts pacivity meds in the water!

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
Water in Scotland seems alright to drink, in the bigger cities i'd prob go bottled, say if i went to london or somewhere. all depends on where you live really.

iDShaDoW

Awards
actually depending on where you live tap water can be very good for you. like here in ct we have great tap water. i went to school in florida and it was disgusting. tap contains fluoride so its actually good for your teeth.
What he said. It's put in tap water for a reason. Some of it is good for your teeth. Too much is bad too and starts building up on your teeth and is very noticeable.

Bottled water can be just as bad if not worse than tap water. There's been countless tests done and bottled water contains lots of stuff. Some of it is just bottled tap water.

Not to mention the studies about how certain chemicals come out of the plastic that is used to bottle water if left in the sun or heat.

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
The water here has high levels of birth control pills and aspirin in it. Not good to drink it here.

mytime09

mytime09

Awards
i saw that news article earlier this week as well..its seriously disgusting how bad we treat our waters..