green tea

doyoudo911

Awards
my female friend has been trying to drop a couple pounds, she knows how to diet and train (as she says) she is 5'5" she dosent know her weight (UMMM WTF?) lol anyways shes pretty thin she just has a lil belly (she says)

she just wants to know if hydroxycut and/or hydroxycut green tea will help her out.

problem: she has anemia and an iron blood count of 8.

with this problem will the hydroxycuts have any effect on her?

UKStrength

First question...is she being treated for her anaemia?

Answer to your question...anaemia can cause issues with heart palpitations (due to poor oxygen availability) so adding a stimulant (like hydroxycut) to the mix is probably not a good idea.

There are stimulant-free fat burners on the market, maybe she could try one of those?

UKStrength

any recommended products?
Loads mate, anything that doesn't contain stimulants should be fine. Although from the sounds of things she may have issues with high cortisol levels (hence the 'belly').

A combo of an anti-cortisol, green tea extract and 'smart fats' (Fish oil/CLA/Sesamin) would be a pretty effective fat-loss stack so long as her diet and training is spot-on.

Rosie did a review of her thoughts on using an anti-cortisol for leaning out, she might want to take a look at it to get a woman's perspective:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/109414-rosies-review-designer.html

My personal choice for 'all-one' stimulant-free products would be:

Slim Xtreme - Anabolic Xtreme
Lipotrophin PM - Applied Neutrceuticals
REDuction PM - Controlled labs
SuperCuts III - Universal

Or you can split it up...

Anti-cortisol:

Reduce XT - Serious Nutrition Solutions
Lean Xtreme - Designer Supplements

Green Tea:

Green Tea - Universal
Lean Green - Primaforce
Green Tea Extract - NOW foods

'Smart' fats - You don't by any means have to use all of these, but she could look up a few logs and pick one that interests her.

[Fish Oil: Any brand will do, but particularly respected brands are...

Omega Essentials - Applied Neutrceuticals
Vaporise - MAN sports

Sesamin: This is a sesame seed lignin, it helps with mitochondrial fatty acid oxidation.

SesaThin - Avant Labs (original and the best)
Sesamin - SciVation
Sesaglow - Controlled Labs

These are just some of the ones I've used in the past and enjoyed, if she has anymore questions then maybe creating an account for her would be best.

Edit: I don't recommend any Thyroid-enhancing products or products that act on the Thyroid gland (e.g. gugglesterones), these compounds seem to bind to the androgen receptor, down-regulating its action (really bad for muscle building!) and aren't great for fat-burning.

In other words stay away from these types of products.

UK.

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
wow you didn't forget a dam thing there uk, your on point today as usual

UKStrength

wow you didn't forget a dam thing there uk, your on point today as usual
cheers mate ;)

I did actually! I didn't consider 'Thyroid-enhancing' products but I've edited my post because I don't recommend them from personal experience.

emm290

Awards
Hi- I'm the "friend" what are the mostttt effective non-stimulant fat burners/cortisol blockers for women?

Is Lipotrophin-PM good?

russianstar

Awards
  • Established
my female friend has been trying to drop a couple pounds, she knows how to diet and train (as she says) she is 5'5" she dosent know her weight (UMMM WTF?) lol anyways shes pretty thin she just has a lil belly (she says)

she just wants to know if hydroxycut and/or hydroxycut green tea will help her out.

problem: she has anemia and an iron blood count of 8.

with this problem will the hydroxycuts have any effect on her?
Hydroxycut seems to affect the live, or at least thats what the fda are reporting, if she has anemia, then perhaps, echinacia mega dosed because of its epo like effects, or mollases, and a non stim probably like uk said lean xtreme or a powerful green tea thermogenic, im guessing her blood pressure will be low, so lean xtreme wich contains forskholi wouldnt be a good idea, as it can effect blood pressure, lowering it or raising it.
Green tea, and a healthy diet with plenty of greens.

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
non-stim fat burner? DCP all the way

emm290

Awards
I just signed up for this forum & i'm kind of confused about it, I've never used fat burners or supplements but two years ago I dropped about 20 pounds and most of it came back. I'm very severely anemic but not on any medication for it right now. Does the DCP have cortisol blockers in it?

emm290

Awards
& I just went on the website and there are sooo many. Is the Lean Xtreme one good?

Dyou

Dyou

Awards
  • Established
Lean Xtreme is verry popular, and is the only cort i have experience with. I would recommend it

Dyou

Dyou

Awards
  • Established
also, if its just belly fat look into something like napalm. i know that it probably just sqeezes the water out of your skin but it does shrink your midsection while your on it and that could be the motivation you need to keep going

UKStrength

Lean Xtreme is verry popular, and is the only cort i have experience with. I would recommend it
Agreed ^^^ Also, Reduce XT by SNS is excellent as a general anticortisol.

I just signed up for this forum & i'm kind of confused about it, I've never used fat burners or supplements but two years ago I dropped about 20 pounds and most of it came back. I'm very severely anemic but not on any medication for it right now. Does the DCP have cortisol blockers in it?
First things first, welcome :) it's nice to have you here.

Secondly, DCP does not contain an anti-cortisol.

It's a very effective thermogenic compound with no stimulants and would stack well with another anti-cortisol such as Reduce XT, Lean Xtreme or a transdermal anti-cortisol such as Suppress C by Competitive Edge Labs.

If you gained back all that weight back perhaps your diet wasn't quite on point? or was it to do with personal sickness?

Hope this helps, feel free to ask questions.

emm290

Awards
It does help, thank you :] do you think Lean Xtreme or Lipotrophin PM would be a better choice, just in general?

UKStrength

It does help, thank you :] do you think Lean Xtreme or Lipotrophin PM would be a better choice, just in general?
I personally think Lipotrophin PM is the better product of the two, simply because it has a number of different different ingredients all with different roles in fat-burning:

Green Tea - Thermogenic compound, boosting your metabolism (through the thyroid hormone T4)
Mucuna Pruriens - Increase secretion of growth hormone (potent fat burner), helps control blood glucose, supports healthy hormone balance and acts as an aphrodisiac :)
Bacopa Monniera - Potent Antioxidant and nootropic
Banaba Extract (Corosolic Acid) - Powerful nutrient partitioner, helps control blood glucose by increasing muscle tissue and reducing fat tissue uptake.

The two would stack together well though if you decided to purchase both, keeping cortisol at bay.

There's a great FAQ on Lipotrophin PM in the Applied Nutraceuticals Forum:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/applied-nutriceuticals/59487-lipotrophin-pm-frequently.html

0-hero

0-hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If you gained back all that weight back perhaps your diet wasn't quite on point? or was it to do with personal sickness?

This man is right (as usual).

If its down to sickness or injury, unless severe imo its still your fault and you shouldnt let yourself off easy.

Dont get me wrong, dont get depressed over it, be be conscious that ultimately it was you who made the choices that led to the weight re-gain.

I spent years blaming being wheelchair bound for my weight gain, might sound viable, but i was still blaming the 5 years i spent in the wheelchair for weight gain 7 years after id come out. As an aside id often complain that was the cause whilst eating some kind of sweet lol.

As for supplements, Lean FX is good but also i can recommend DCP.

I love super dosed green tea also though.

PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy

Awards
  • Established
I guess Hydroxycut is off the list of contenders.
Hydroxycut, or *insert any MuscleTech/Iovate product here*, is really a kitchen sink formulation, with the only thing missing being the actual kitchen sink. The are such minute quantities of actives that you see on those ingredient labels its ridiculous.

IMO opinion there are much better fat burner formulations out there. However, the two that take the cake for me are ECA and GCY

UKStrength

Hydroxycut, or *insert any MuscleTech/Iovate product here*, is really a kitchen sink formulation, with the only thing missing being the actual kitchen sink. The are such minute quantities of actives that you see on those ingredient labels its ridiculous.

IMO opinion there are much better fat burner formulations out there. However, the two that take the cake for me are ECA and GCY
Agreed, so far for me, nothing touches ECA. I'm yet to try clenbuterol, then I'll make the final call :)

emm290

Awards
So I read about the Lipotrophin PM & it says not to take it if you have low blood pressure, which I do. This is making me nuts!!! Does anyone have any other reccomendations that wouldn't affect that?

PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy

Awards
  • Established
Agreed, so far for me, nothing touches ECA. I'm yet to try clenbuterol, then I'll make the final call
I haven't tried clenbuterol yet but hopefully someday. Always up for new experiences.

And I would rep you for all the reps but apparently I have to spread some more around... ridiculous if ya ask me!

I prefer ECA over any commercial formulation but from my experience I was nearly as wow'd as I thought i'd be. I alternated that with Geranamine/Caffeine/Yohimbine while I was slimming down for vacation in Mexico. My big beef with ECA is that I wasn't able to do any kind of HIIT cardio, for obvious reasons. I attempted that once and just about though I was going to have a heart attack, never again with that. Maybe I was desensitized from the Geranamine, but it didn't nearly have the appetite suppressant effects of the GCY, which I'd take on the days I ran intervals. The fact that intervals make you want to vomit coupled with the hunger killing effects of geranamine was unreal.

I didn't like the way ECA would make me feel, it was a very dirty stimulant feeling, and since I take Wellbutrin the two would interact and have my hands shaking like an epileptic. The GCY was such a nice crisp, clean stimulant high.

Ignoring the ramble, ECA is quite cost effective and even though I felt terrible when i took it, it definitely help me shred down the last few weeks before I flew out.

UKStrength

So I read about the Lipotrophin PM & it says not to take it if you have low blood pressure, which I do. This is making me nuts!!! Does anyone have any other reccomendations that wouldn't affect that?
Hypotension (low blood pressure) is commonly associated with anaemia (iron deficient).

Do you feel faint when you get up quickly?

Are you being treated for the anaemia by your doctor?

If you get your iron count back up (if this is the type of anaemia you have) then it'll hopefully sort out a lot of the problems you have (low blood pressure, heart issues) opening up more options for supplements.

Don't panic! :) 98% of fat loss is diet and training, the supplements only help with that last 2% of the equation, people have been getting ripped for years without all the new fancy supplements, there's no reason you can't do the same.

Until I know about your current treatment for your condition, I wouldn't advise any sort of stimulant or supplement that enhances adrenal output, which rules out most of the 'fat burners' available.

Even if you just added the green tea and fish oils to your standard routine, it would help. Other supplements such as L-Carnitine and P-Slin by USP labs or neovar recomped by Applied Nutraceuticals, can also help with the usage of nutrients (carbohydrates specifically) and prevent excess fat accumulation.

I think if you posted up your diet and training protocol it would be the best next step, feel free to PM me if you don't want to post it up on the forums.

- Rick

Dyou

Dyou

Awards
  • Established
Even if you just added the green tea and fish oils to your standard routine, it would help. Other supplements such as L-Carnitine and P-Slin by USP labs or neovar recomped by Applied Nutraceuticals, can also help with the usage of nutrients (carbohydrates specifically) and prevent excess fat accumulation.
- Rick
this brings to mind a question i have been wondering. 0 carb monster energy drinks has L-carnitine caffine and i think other stuff that burns fat. so is this acutally a "fat burning" energy drink? i love the taste

UKStrength

this brings to mind a question i have been wondering. 0 carb monster energy drinks has L-carnitine caffine and i think other stuff that burns fat. so is this acutally a "fat burning" energy drink? i love the taste
Indirectly, yes. I think if it was marketed as a weight loss aid it could only be sold in certain outlets, hence just being a 'stimulation drink'.