Mike1605

Mike1605

Awards
Stats

23YO
210lbs
5'11''
lifting the good majority of my life...

So to give a little background without boring everyone, I gain weight VERY easy. Both fat and muscle. That being said I have always shorted myself on calories durring times of heavy lifting So I know I havnt gotten as much out of it as I should have.

Im planning my next PH cycle and Im really going ot be anal about counting calories to see what I can get out of this. my BMR is 2114.6 and that X 60% puts me at 3383.

What I planned on doing was using the 3383 on training days and on my rest days bumping it down to about 2800.

That being said I have a desk job. I always feel Like **** eating so much between 5am in the morning till about 5:30 PM becease that whole time Im on my ass, reading what you fine folks have to say. That being Said, Is it smart to eat my smaller meals in the morning/ lunch time like say 30-35% of my calls between this 5am-3:30pm ish window when im completly inactive then eat the remaining 65-70% of my cals closer to when Im out of work and getting ready to throw some weight around?

I know this may sound anal but if you only knew how easy I gained weight you would understand. But its also works to my advantage because I gain muscle ALMOST as easy as I do fat.

Any info would be great. Thanks in advance.

The Myth

Keep all your meals roughly calorically equivalent, but with pro/carb around your workout and pro/fat at all other times. Keep it simple:)

UKStrength

I agree with Myth, keep your meals the same size but I'd time most of your starchy/simple carbohydrates around your workouts to take maximum advantage of increased insulin sensitivity at this time. The rest of the day, make up your carbohydrates from fibrous sources such as fruits and vegetables.

There are ways of increasing your energy expenditure throughout the day so that you burn more calories, whilst doing very little in the way of exercise:

Fidgeting - move about in your chair, tap your feet, etc.
Have periodic 'walks' - go out of the office and walk up and down stairs.
Drink Ice-cold water.
Turn off the heating/open the office window and stay 'cool' (helps you stay alert too).
Drink coffee/green tea

A novel one, but some offices may allow it, 'stand' all day long (e.g. work standing up) put your laptop on top of the filing cabinet, your books up high etc. so you have to stand all day long, you will burn more calories this way.

I had a crazy professor who used to sit on a swiss ball in his office all day long and stand on a balance board whilst working at his laptop to burn calories.

Mike1605

Mike1605

Awards
I agree with Myth, keep your meals the same size but I'd time most of your starchy/simple carbohydrates around your workouts to take maximum advantage of increased insulin sensitivity at this time. The rest of the day, make up your carbohydrates from fibrous sources such as fruits and vegetables.

There are ways of increasing your energy expenditure throughout the day so that you burn more calories, whilst doing very little in the way of exercise:

Fidgeting - move about in your chair, tap your feet, etc.
Have periodic 'walks' - go out of the office and walk up and down stairs.
Drink Ice-cold water.
Turn off the heating/open the office window and stay 'cool' (helps you stay alert too).
Drink coffee/green tea

A novel one, but some offices may allow it, 'stand' all day long (e.g. work standing up) put your laptop on top of the filing cabinet, your books up high etc. so you have to stand all day long, you will burn more calories this way.

I had a crazy professor who used to sit on a swiss ball in his office all day long and stand on a balance board whilst working at his laptop to burn calories.
Great advice guys. Ill try all of this. Thanks guys!