Emergen-c post workout

  1. Emergen-c post workout


    does anyone see a problem with taking emergen-c right after a workout, i've been taking one after since i got a box. the only thing i can think of is the carbs in it come from fructose and wont restore the muscle, any thoughts?


  2. its fine

  3. I would suggest using it pre-workout with an Arginine product. Nice synergy, really increases NO compared to arginine alone
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by elabor View Post
    I would suggest using it pre-workout with an Arginine product. Nice synergy, really increases NO compared to arginine alone
    what he said...

  5. Quote Originally Posted by elabor View Post
    I would suggest using it pre-workout with an Arginine product. Nice synergy, really increases NO compared to arginine alone
    I havent thought of using any kind of arginine product, i guess i should do my homework on it. I just started lifting about a month ago and right now my only supplements include whey, a multi, and creatine
    i was thinking of after as a means to get in some antioxidants and vitamins after the work but if it will be in my bloodstream anyways i guess i can burn the sugars in it taking in before...

  6. Quote Originally Posted by virenex View Post
    does anyone see a problem with taking emergen-c right after a workout, i've been taking one after since i got a box. the only thing i can think of is the carbs in it come from fructose and wont restore the muscle, any thoughts?
    Vitamin C helps suppress cortisol levels, so I would use it pre w/o

  7. Quote Originally Posted by tim1985 View Post
    Vitamin C helps suppress cortisol levels, so I would use it pre w/o
    so i guess peri workout would also be great as the cortisol is kicking up in the blood, thanks for the info!
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Rate this Post Workout shake, and post yours.
    By Theipodpeople in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-17-2008, 12:12 PM
  2. post post workout meal and diet -- HELP/THOUGHTS
    By beebab in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-17-2007, 02:08 AM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-14-2007, 11:52 AM
  4. Post your pre/post workout nutrition regimens...
    By TMack40 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 04-06-2003, 06:21 AM
  5. Post your pre/post workout nutrition regimens...
    By TMack40 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-21-2002, 10:10 PM
Log in
Log in