Emergen-c post workout

virenex

Awards
does anyone see a problem with taking emergen-c right after a workout, i've been taking one after since i got a box. the only thing i can think of is the carbs in it come from fructose and wont restore the muscle, any thoughts?

elabor

elabor

Awards
I would suggest using it pre-workout with an Arginine product. Nice synergy, really increases NO compared to arginine alone

virenex

Awards
I would suggest using it pre-workout with an Arginine product. Nice synergy, really increases NO compared to arginine alone
I havent thought of using any kind of arginine product, i guess i should do my homework on it. I just started lifting about a month ago and right now my only supplements include whey, a multi, and creatine
i was thinking of after as a means to get in some antioxidants and vitamins after the work but if it will be in my bloodstream anyways i guess i can burn the sugars in it taking in before...

tim1985

tim1985

Awards
  • Established
does anyone see a problem with taking emergen-c right after a workout, i've been taking one after since i got a box. the only thing i can think of is the carbs in it come from fructose and wont restore the muscle, any thoughts?
Vitamin C helps suppress cortisol levels, so I would use it pre w/o

virenex

Awards
Vitamin C helps suppress cortisol levels, so I would use it pre w/o
so i guess peri workout would also be great as the cortisol is kicking up in the blood, thanks for the info!