Lean Beef

MAJIKMAN

Awards
I have been on a high protein low carb diet for approximately a month. Thus far my results have been excellent as far as lowering bodyfat. My sources of protein primarily have been grilled chicken, salmon, tuna, egg whites and lean beef on a daily basis. My question is how unhealthy is it to be eating lean beef daily? Should I only be eating beef a couple of times per week? If I cut the beef out of my diet, what are other good sources of protein I can replace it with? At this point, I am not trying to lose any more weight I just want to consume enough protein and calories while keeping carbs to a minimum, to maintain my current weight. If I cut out the beef I am concerned I wont be able to do that. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

heywood

heywood

Awards
  • Established
liver tabs are a good replacement for the non-caloric benefits of beef...u might want to look at bison if you can find it (lower fat content than beef, usually found at whole foods if one's near you). Ground turkey is another good choice for making turkey burgers.

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
I work at a BBQ, lean brisket kicks ass. Eat your fiber, work hard, you will be perfectly fine.

bubbachew

Awards
  • Established
Make sure you're getting plenty of green vegetables....spinach, broccoli, romaine lettuce, brussel sprouts,...

Cinn

Cinn

Awards
liver tabs are a good replacement for the non-caloric benefits of beef...u might want to look at bison if you can find it (lower fat content than beef, usually found at whole foods if one's near you). Ground turkey is another good choice for making turkey burgers.
Bison is definitely awesome. I just wish it wasn't so pricey.

heywood

heywood

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, can be rather frustrating that the healthiest food is so damned expensive.

I remember meeting a rancher who raised cattle in the high sierra; that beef was totally unlike anything I'd ever had before. Def. miss living in Reno; great quality beef there...and a secret for anybody who goes there: If you want to eat a great steak go to the Nugget. The owner, a tiny basque man named John Ascuaga is also a rancher and owns his own meat packing business that sells beef to most of the fancy restaurants in town. I used to work there and as a perk could buy beef, pork and poultry products at wholesale prices.

I know, I went off on a tangent...living in the northwest is okay but what you get in salmon and halibut you give away in having to pay thru the nose for good beef.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
EMPIREMIND Supplements 7
bigbeef Supplement Logs 53
Whacked Supplements 2
abnxtwo Recipes 22
alwaysgaining Supplements 37