condiments

shay247

Awards
Hello all...im new to the board and im amazed at all the info on here. Over the past few weeks i've been bouncing around looking at all the different forums gathering new info. I couldn't find the info i was looking for on condiments. So i'll ask the pros,what is your feeling on the use them and/or what would you suggest to use or stay away from on a cutting cyle...thanks

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Look at the ingredients and calorie content on the container. Mustard and ketchup are practically nothing, while mayo is high in unhealthy fat. In moderation these won't inhibit your fat loss, but they aren't necessarily good for you.

margarette29

Awards
Hello all...im new to the board and im amazed at all the info on here. Over the past few weeks i've been bouncing around looking at all the different forums gathering new info. I couldn't find the info i was looking for on condiments. So i'll ask the pros,what is your feeling on the use them and/or what would you suggest to use or stay away from on a cutting cyle...thanks
A condiment is a relish, sauce, or seasoning added to food to impart a particular flavour or to complement the dish. Often pungent in flavour and therefore added in fairly small quantities, popular condiments include salt, pepper, ketchup, mustard, olive oil, and vinegar. Try to do another researches to find out more about condiments. :type:

shay247

Awards
Thanks for the feed back,i'll search a little more and see what i can find.

mytime09

mytime09

Awards
ketchup is a great source of lycopene which is a strong antioxidant...go with the ketchup!

Esox Express

Esox Express

Awards
  • Established
Ketchup is also high in salt.

I use lots of things like herbs, spices, and garlic. It can add a ton of flavor to something that is otherwise bland (like canned tuna, or chicken breast) and it doesn't add any calories.

Fear

Fear

Awards
Ketchup is also high in salt.

I use lots of things like herbs, spices, and garlic. It can add a ton of flavor to something that is otherwise bland (like canned tuna, or chicken breast) and it doesn't add any calories.
Not only is it high in salt, it is basically only sugar, containing about 4 grams per tablespoon (not extremely high but a presence nonetheless).

I love Tabasco Chipotle sauce - less than one gram of carbs per teaspoon, and you only need a little to make your eyes watery and your taste buds tingle.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
good thread topic

make your own condiments - then you can control what's in it, and bypass all those arsehole-cancer causing preservatives.

Favourites are chilli ginger garlic pepper as basics for marinades and dressings. You can throw in cold-pressed olive oil, low-sodium soy sauce - you get the picture.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I would rather have the fat than the preservatives