cutting advise on diet

R

retts1212

Awards
I have fluctuated my weight a few times. When i first started working out a few years ago I was 240 and not in great shape, timmed down to 167 at 6'....Then got tired of being small and bulked up to 275 but that was too big. Recently I started cutting again and im down to about 220 and getting leaner...here's my diet, would appreciate any advice....I work out 7 days a week, lifting 5-6 times PUSH/PULL/LEGS...cardio 30 mins/day

630- Protein shake 240 cals, 44 protein, 6 cards

11- 6 egg whites, 2 piece wheat toast , banana

1145- NO shotgun

Workout- 12-115

130 Post WO- Protein shake 240 cals, 44 protein, 6 carbs + banana

4- 93% lean hamburger, carrots, no bun

630- grilled chicken breast over salad

9- 1 scoop protein shake- 120 cals, 22 protein, 3 carbs

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
First off, you need to add healthy fat to your diet. Olive oil, unsweetened coconut, natural peanut butter, avocado, flax are all great options.

Second, you are lifting WAY to much. Being on a calorie deficit and lifting 5-6 days a week is overdoing it. This can be detrimental to your fat loss, actually. I would drop weight lifting down to 3-4 days a week. This will give your muscles time to recover. It could be beneficial to do HIIT on your off days, but it would be good if you have at least one day that you are completely resting from HIIT and Lifting.

M

MMAMONSTER19

Awards
  • Established
What is your weight goal your at 220 trying to get to what? just be lean and ripped?

R

retts1212

Awards
yea

Yea i adopted the a soviet military workout...training 3 exersises full body 6 times a week and never to failure. Im trying to get ripped, im very big and muscular but I want a 6 pack for summer.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yea i adopted the a soviet military workout...training 3 exersises full body 6 times a week and never to failure. Im trying to get ripped, im very big and muscular but I want a 6 pack for summer.
How long have you been on this workout? your body could be used to it, and therefore not making any more progress on it.