How to get more healthy fats in my diet?

1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  185 lbs.
    Answers

How to get more healthy fats in my diet?

I recently did a logging of my diet again just to see where I'm at and noticed I'm pretty low on fats (esp. healthy fats). I mainly use a tablespoon of olive oil like 2x a day. I have recently been having some natty PB at night but sadly it has been making me have looser stools in the morning and kind of uncomfortable.

So without tossing in more EVOO or nuts in general, is there anything I can do that's fairly cheap? I hear about coconut oil...don't know much about it yet though.

Thanks!

2. Banned
    Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.
    Answers

Well even though you may not want to do it, I would just add more EVOO, what your taking isnt alot. Coconut oil is ok in teas or even coffe and its healthy. Try and snack on almonds during the day, they are full of healthy fats.
  3. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

is it due to a nut allergy, or possibly just due to timing? have you tried the pb earlier in the day?
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
    •   

4. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Answers

Easy lives off PB Coconut oil is pretty reasonable. You could skimp and get refined for cheaper, but I think unrefined's benefits are worth it if you can afford it. 20oz Coconut Oil . Some benefits seen are boosted thyroid & metabolism, immunity and possible testosterone levels. You need to take 2-4 tbsp/to probably see noticeable effects, but even small doses are healthy. A tbsp pre-bed gives you an incredible morning wood --> proof it does something
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Answers

The list below are all sources of fat. The listed amount next to them is the amount to make 1 block of fat following The Zone diet which advocates a 40/30/30 macro of CHO/PRO/FAT. The list really isn't complete, but should get ya started.

I have a thread on nutrition and the zone. It has tons of break downs.

Fuel Talk Pt 1...Though I'd Share This

• almonds ~3
    • Almond Butter
    • avocado 1 Tbsp
    • canola oil 1/3 tsp
    • macadamia nuts ~1
    • olives ~5
    • peanut butter .5 tsp
    • peanuts ~6
    • cashews ~3
    • peanut oil 1/3 tsp
    • olive oil 1/3 tsp
    • tahini 1/3 tsp
    • guacamole .5 Tbsp
    • vegetable oil 1/3 tsp
    • Sesame oil.5 tsp
    • Soybean oil 1/3 tsp
    • mayonnaise 1/3 tsp
    • mayo, light 1 tsp
    • sesame oil 1/3 tsp
    • sunflower seeds 1/4 tsp
    • bacon bits 2.5 tsp
    • butter 1/3 tsp
    • half and half 1 Tbsp
    • cream, light .5 tsp
    • cream cheese 1 tsp
    • sour cream 1 tsp
    • tartar sauce .5 tsp
    • lard 1/3 tsp
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222
  6. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Answers

You could just eat dried unsweetened coconut if you don't want to buy the oil. It is full of fiber and healthy fat, and if you pick it up in bulk it is very cheap.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bigironkiller View Post
    Well even though you may not want to do it, I would just add more EVOO, what your taking isnt alot. Coconut oil is ok in teas or even coffe and its healthy. Try and snack on almonds during the day, they are full of healthy fats.
    All good suggestions, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    is it due to a nut allergy, or possibly just due to timing? have you tried the pb earlier in the day?
    I will also try to change my timing. It seems I can't eat too close to bedtime or I get upset stomach in the morning. I'll push it to like 45 mins before bed, instead of right before bed. I'm not allergic per se, sometimes get runny/sticky poo if I eat too many nuts though.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    Easy lives off PB Coconut oil is pretty reasonable. You could skimp and get refined for cheaper, but I think unrefined's benefits are worth it if you can afford it. 20oz Coconut Oil . Some benefits seen are boosted thyroid & metabolism, immunity and possible testosterone levels. You need to take 2-4 tbsp/to probably see noticeable effects, but even small doses are healthy. A tbsp pre-bed gives you an incredible morning wood --> proof it does something
    Mornin' Wood is always nice...except when you really have to pee - Coconut oil seems high in sat. fat. Is that OK? I was under the impression that sat. and trans fats were bad. Maybe that is only animal saturated fats...I'll do some research. I'll probalby toss that oil in on my next order as well. Can't hurt to change it up a little from EVOO

Quote Originally Posted by CopyCat View Post
    The list below are all sources of fat. The listed amount next to them is the amount to make 1 block of fat following The Zone diet which advocates a 40/30/30 macro of CHO/PRO/FAT. The list really isn't complete, but should get ya started.
    Thanks for that list! My favorite one on there....LARD...lol

Quote Originally Posted by babywifey View Post
    You could just eat dried unsweetened coconut if you don't want to buy the oil. It is full of fiber and healthy fat, and if you pick it up in bulk it is very cheap.
    I will probably look for that as well. More of a tasty snack instead of straight oil. I like coconut anyway....it's the food that keeps on giving throughout the day as you find more pieces stuck in your teeth
  8. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by TheNinja View Post
    Mornin' Wood is always nice...except when you really have to pee - Coconut oil seems high in sat. fat. Is that OK? I was under the impression that sat. and trans fats were bad. Maybe that is only animal saturated fats...I'll do some research. I'll probalby toss that oil in on my next order as well. Can't hurt to change it up a little from EVOO
    coconut oil isn't like other saturated oils. its an MCT, gets handled by the body way differently.
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Answers

The list I made I tried to keep the healthiest on top and the least health on bottom. I do believe a few are out of place, but not drastic. It's the sesame I think need to be place in a dif spot.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Answers

utilize flax seed oil...throw some in a shake or w/ oats for breakfast
  11. Registered User
    Answers

Drink cream, when I did keto I ate about 2 cups of walnuts a day good source of fats.
  12. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by TheNinja View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    coconut oil isn't like other saturated oils. its an MCT, gets handled by the body way differently.
    Yup it's over 60% MCTs, has a variety of benefits shown in studies such a boosting thyroid, immune function, metabolism, and sat. fats are linked with T levels. Saturated fats got a bad rap because of the other things they were paired with; think big fatty hamburgers and fries.
  13. Registered User
    Answers

Macadamia nut oil is also something good.
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

I myself is trying an omega high fat diet. I take about 8000 mg of fishoil. cook everything with a ton of olive oil. high fiber is another addition and high antioxidant. I got the idea from two books i read. "the makers diet" and "the antinflammation zone". These books were very helpfull and i think you might enjoy reading them also.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Healthy Fats
    By lamboruns in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-17-2009, 09:11 AM
  2. 9 ways to add healthy fats to your diet
    By yeahright in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-22-2006, 02:25 PM
  3. Healthy fats in food
    By Sandcruiser in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-02-2006, 01:37 AM
  4. Healthy Fats
    By John Smeton in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-18-2005, 05:14 PM
  5. Nutrition(health proetin ,healthy carbs,healthy fats)
    By John Smeton in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-12-2004, 11:10 PM