cheat days (are they good once in a while?)

cessna

cessna

Awards
(sorry for my english) hello everyone i eat good during the whole month doing my diet very healhty but always like in the 4 week after eating healhty my body starts to craving for bad food (the real good food) lol......today was one of those days i had 3 slices of pizza, 2 ice creams, i ate oreo's and after that for dinner i went for a burguer but i only do that once in a month.... but after eating all that food i feel bad with my self like all the work i been doing its for nothing ....what are the benefits of having one cheat day once in a month? are they bad?
thanks in advanced.

cessna

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
(sorry for my english) hello everyone i eat good during the whole month doing my diet very healhty but always like in the 4 week after eating healhty my body starts to craving for bad food (the real good food) lol......today was one of those days i had 3 slices of pizza, 2 ice creams, i ate oreo's and after that for dinner i went for a burguer but i only do that once in a month.... but after eating all that food i feel bad with my self like all the work i been doing its for nothing ....what are the benefits of having one cheat day once in a month? are they bad?
thanks in advanced.

cessna
your not gonna go professional.. and one day of eating junk isnt gonna hinder ur gaines.. just thrrow in one extra day of cardio or something! i just ate 6 breadsticks and had rootbeer im behind a protien shake for the day so im gonna try to catch up b4 bed. anyways lookin ripped in ur avatar so i wouldnt worry.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Try scheduling a cheat MEAL (not day) once a week or so, rather than binging on crappy food for an entire day once a month.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
Try scheduling a cheat MEAL (not day) once a week or so, rather than binging on crappy food for an entire day once a month.
i agree. i do cheat meals for lunch on weekends only - so 2 cheat meals per week. this keeps the monotony from setting in. cheating more than that is counterproductive IMO.

AllMaxBrian

Awards
It depends on your goals. But if you're not competing, I don't see any particular reason to be so strict with your diet that it leads to a binge.

cessna

cessna

Awards
the problem is that once i start i cant stop so thats why i do a cheat day......
but i've noticed that after a cheat day i perform better the following day in the gym....

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
the problem is that once i start i cant stop so thats why i do a cheat day......
but i've noticed that after a cheat day i perform better the following day in the gym....
Probably because you want to make up for all the crappy foods...Heavily psychological...Or maybe it's from carb-loading? Who knows.

How about run a diet that's low-carb, but have carb-up days twice a week. Pick up a product like LG Sciences SLIN and you can be a little more liberal with your carb intake and not worry too much. Granted, you shouldn't be eating Oreo's, but you get my point.

maurice02

maurice02

Awards
  • Established
I have been doing the no carb deal and usually have a bit of carbs on the weekend. Today was great.......popcorn with hot sauce, 3 sushi rolls, hot and sour soup, and some wendys.

Personally I feel it psychologically helps you from draining yourself out.

cessna

cessna

Awards
I have been doing the no carb deal and usually have a bit of carbs on the weekend. Today was great.......popcorn with hot sauce, 3 sushi rolls, hot and sour soup, and some wendys.

Personally I feel it psychologically helps you from draining yourself out.

yes ill get one of those products
youre right about that.......yeah i follow a low carb diet because i do bad with high carbs diet its not for my body.....but i gonna try to make healthy refeeds at least once a week......but those days when you have those cheat meals are the moments that you dont care about nothing lol.....anyways this should be out of my system in 2 days i hope.....

mrSlate

Awards
Cheat meals are a definite sanity saver. The only draw back to them is my stomach after words..especially when I'm low carb and I load with a bunch of bad carbs...lookout bathroom here I come.

Wilderbeast

Wilderbeast

Awards
  • Established
I'm on a CKD and that's the only thing I dont like about my refeed day. I tend to get a distended abdomen for 1-3 days after a refeed.

BEAST