cheat days (are they good once in a while?)

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  148 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.91%

cheat days (are they good once in a while?)

(sorry for my english) hello everyone i eat good during the whole month doing my diet very healhty but always like in the 4 week after eating healhty my body starts to craving for bad food (the real good food) lol......today was one of those days i had 3 slices of pizza, 2 ice creams, i ate oreo's and after that for dinner i went for a burguer but i only do that once in a month.... but after eating all that food i feel bad with my self like all the work i been doing its for nothing ....what are the benefits of having one cheat day once in a month? are they bad?
    thanks in advanced.

cessna

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by cessna View Post
    (sorry for my english) hello everyone i eat good during the whole month doing my diet very healhty but always like in the 4 week after eating healhty my body starts to craving for bad food (the real good food) lol......today was one of those days i had 3 slices of pizza, 2 ice creams, i ate oreo's and after that for dinner i went for a burguer but i only do that once in a month.... but after eating all that food i feel bad with my self like all the work i been doing its for nothing ....what are the benefits of having one cheat day once in a month? are they bad?
    thanks in advanced.

cessna
    your not gonna go professional.. and one day of eating junk isnt gonna hinder ur gaines.. just thrrow in one extra day of cardio or something! i just ate 6 breadsticks and had rootbeer im behind a protien shake for the day so im gonna try to catch up b4 bed. anyways lookin ripped in ur avatar so i wouldnt worry.
  3. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.25%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Try scheduling a cheat MEAL (not day) once a week or so, rather than binging on crappy food for an entire day once a month.
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.98%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    Try scheduling a cheat MEAL (not day) once a week or so, rather than binging on crappy food for an entire day once a month.
    i agree. i do cheat meals for lunch on weekends only - so 2 cheat meals per week. this keeps the monotony from setting in. cheating more than that is counterproductive IMO.
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.39%

It depends on your goals. But if you're not competing, I don't see any particular reason to be so strict with your diet that it leads to a binge.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  148 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.91%

the problem is that once i start i cant stop so thats why i do a cheat day......
    but i've noticed that after a cheat day i perform better the following day in the gym....
  7. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.25%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by cessna View Post
    the problem is that once i start i cant stop so thats why i do a cheat day......
    but i've noticed that after a cheat day i perform better the following day in the gym....
    Probably because you want to make up for all the crappy foods...Heavily psychological...Or maybe it's from carb-loading? Who knows.

How about run a diet that's low-carb, but have carb-up days twice a week. Pick up a product like LG Sciences SLIN and you can be a little more liberal with your carb intake and not worry too much. Granted, you shouldn't be eating Oreo's, but you get my point.
  8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.94%

I have been doing the no carb deal and usually have a bit of carbs on the weekend. Today was great.......popcorn with hot sauce, 3 sushi rolls, hot and sour soup, and some wendys.

Personally I feel it psychologically helps you from draining yourself out.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  148 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.91%

Quote Originally Posted by maurice02 View Post
    I have been doing the no carb deal and usually have a bit of carbs on the weekend. Today was great.......popcorn with hot sauce, 3 sushi rolls, hot and sour soup, and some wendys.

Personally I feel it psychologically helps you from draining yourself out.

yes ill get one of those products
    youre right about that.......yeah i follow a low carb diet because i do bad with high carbs diet its not for my body.....but i gonna try to make healthy refeeds at least once a week......but those days when you have those cheat meals are the moments that you dont care about nothing lol.....anyways this should be out of my system in 2 days i hope.....
  10. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.78%

Cheat meals are a definite sanity saver. The only draw back to them is my stomach after words..especially when I'm low carb and I load with a bunch of bad carbs...lookout bathroom here I come.
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  148 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.91%

lol thats true poor stomach.
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  219.0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.73%

I'm on a CKD and that's the only thing I dont like about my refeed day. I tend to get a distended abdomen for 1-3 days after a refeed.

BEAST
  13. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.25%

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderbeast View Post
    I'm on a CKD and that's the only thing I dont like about my refeed day. I tend to get a distended abdomen for 1-3 days after a refeed.

BEAST
    Do you happen to have any gluten intolerance?

Similar Forum Threads

1. The good ole days
    By ABNRanger in forum Supplements
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-14-2008, 10:34 PM
  2. even in hcg says its good fro 60 days, is it really only 30?
    By ECTOmorph in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-30-2007, 06:14 PM
  3. Cheat Days while cutting
    By swangswang in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-09-2007, 04:52 PM
  4. Cheat Days
    By jjohn in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-16-2006, 01:28 PM
  5. T3 On Cheat Days?