Weight Gain on Refeed?

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
What is the typical weight gain on the AD on the 1-2 refeed days? I cannot believe the difference in the scale #'s on the day after my refeed!!!

Wilderbeast

Wilderbeast

Awards
  • Established
I typically gain anywhere from 6-12 lbs during my refeed days. I usually only do 1 refeed day (12-18 hours), sometimes I'll split it up like 1-2 meals Friday night and then until 8 or 9 pm on Saturday.

BEAST

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
your working with supercompensation and every g of carb holds 4g water. so just imagine.

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
Thanks man. I appreciate the responses. This is my first refeed, and the scale was telling me I was 17lbs over my normal. Does it get better as you go along on the diet? It just took me by surprise that my weight jumped that high. I guess mainly because I am new to it and didn't expect that much of a gain!

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
Thanks man. I appreciate the responses. This is my first refeed, and the scale was telling me I was 17lbs over my normal. Does it get better as you go along on the diet? It just took me by surprise that my weight jumped that high. I guess mainly because I am new to it and didn't expect that much of a gain!
What do you mean by does it get better?

The carb load will give different amounts of weight week to week but generally yield somewhere close to a constant. You have to take into consideration, depending when you weigh yourself you have a few factors contributing to your weight.

1. Food not passed
2. Salt/potassium in excess of normal causing water retention.
3. SUPERCOMPENSATION
4. Fat gain (Usually a very minimal factor)

How much glycogen you actually store up will vary with the muscle content of your body.

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
I was just curious if the weight gained became any less than this first week.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ive done this. remember this more bodyfat you have the less you refeed. When you get down in the single digits this is when you go all out on refeeds.

The Myth

I CONSISTENTLY GAIN 20-25LB THE DAY AFTER MY REFEEDS OF 3000-4000 CARBS, AND EXPEL 2-3 DAYS LATER:)

itzgambino

Awards
I am currently on week three, and like everyone said do not be so worried if u gain around 5 lbs or more after your refeed. Most of it is probably water retention from having carbs back in your diet. I would recommend though if your seeing a lot more than a 5lb gain, limit your refeed especially if your like me and are not down to single digits yet in terms of body fat.

Kalakbar

Awards
I think my personal best (or worst) would be 27 lbs on my first refeed. Good christ was that alarming, lol!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Myth it must take a good amount of food training to get that much food down? 25 lbs gulp..2,000 carbs gulp man...

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
15-18lbs from sunup to sundown. no rules, eat everything in sight. majority of the weight gone within 3 days.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
every one see myths contest photos?

SHREDDDDDDDDDDDDDDED