Differerent proteins in 1 meal ?? bad??

ppycrsm

Awards
guys, this is gunna sound kinda wierd and dumb
but therz this thing that has been bugging me for over a year now, nd i just had to get it off my chest
this 1 bodybuilder guys once told me not to eat too many types of protein at a time (in a meal) is ther ny truth in that....lol

ppycrsm

Awards
kewl.......guess il start having my steak with a glass of milk on the side :)

ppycrsm

Awards
or with some chiken pasta........hmmmmmmmm soooooooo many ideas cuming now..lol

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
The only time where that argument has *some* merit is during your post-workout meal. Many advocate fast-digesting proteins (whey for example) in that meal, and if coupled with slower-digesting proteins, the synthesis will be spaced out over a longer period of time.

But yes, for the most part, "boulderdash!"

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like confused variation of an already flawed theory that says you shouldn't eat carbs and fats in the same meal because carbs could be directly stored as adipose. Just because Roy Jones Jr. supports it doesn't mean it's true.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
That is straight garbage. So you have been avoiding different types of protein for a year?

ppycrsm

Awards
mrbigpr actually i have, after this guy told me that ****, i kinda felt "dirty" eating too many proteins at once, so i tried my best to keep to 1 type of protein per meal, with carbs obviously, but made sure to eat enough of it....