Need diet help, with a practical edge as well.

1. Registered User
    Answers

Need diet help, with a practical edge as well.

Hello,

I'm looking for an honest diet critique that I can use. At the start of next week, I am going to begin cutting, and here is my bulk diet right now.

Morning
    4 Eggs, 2 slices of white toast. water

mid morning
    low fat, low carb, low sugar protien shake

noon
    tuna, with 2 tsps of mayo, and 2 tsps of relish ( need a substitute for this because I can't consume that much mercury, so I alternate eod
    1 serving of applesauce (Is this good? I don't think it is)

mid afternoon (preworkout)
    1 quarter pound of ground sirlion
    2 servings of cottage cheese

dinner
    3 chicken breasts, baked potato, vegetables, salad

after dinner

either a protien shake or vegetables

What can I get rid of to cut, what should I add in to it so that I can still get a lot of protien?

I added a picture, It's pretty pathetic, I know, but I am trying to get rid of that Fing chest fat, and I am workin on it.

Please add in whatever critique you would like, so that I can come up with a final solution
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. Registered User
    Answers

anyone?
  3. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Bodybuilder20 View Post
    Hello,

I'm looking for an honest diet critique that I can use. At the start of next week, I am going to begin cutting, and here is my bulk diet right now.

Morning
    4 Eggs, 2 slices of white toast. water

mid morning
    low fat, low carb, low sugar protien shake

noon
    tuna, with 2 tsps of mayo, and 2 tsps of relish ( need a substitute for this because I can't consume that much mercury, so I alternate eod
    1 serving of applesauce (Is this good? I don't think it is)

mid afternoon (preworkout)
    1 quarter pound of ground sirlion
    2 servings of cottage cheese

dinner
    3 chicken breasts, baked potato, vegetables, salad

after dinner

either a protien shake or vegetables

What can I get rid of to cut, what should I add in to it so that I can still get a lot of protien?

I added a picture, It's pretty pathetic, I know, but I am trying to get rid of that Fing chest fat, and I am workin on it.

Please add in whatever critique you would like, so that I can come up with a final solution

You should figure out what your Maintenance level calories are, and subtract 300 from that. This will be the start of your calorie deficit. After a week or so of progress evaluation you can judge whether or not you need to drop your cals even lower.

Well, honestly you have a lot of junk in your diet above. First off you should drop the white bread for some kind of sprouted bread like Ezekiel.

The Mayo and applesauce should be cut out. Mayo doesn't provide the best kind of fat. Replace it with olive oil, PB or avocado. Unless you are having the Applesauce post workout, your body really doesn't need those kind of carbs in the middle of the day.

The sirloin is good, but you could probably lower the amount of cottage cheese and have some healthy fats and veggies.

For your dinner, drop the potatoe and just stick with protein, veggies and fat.

I realize that this diet was for when you were bulking, but you should change alot of things if you want to cut. Diet is the most important thing when it comes to losing fat. Drinking a lot of water (over a gallon a day) and eating lots of veggies will help you out a lot. Be sure to be getting healthy fats and lean meats in as well.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by babywifey View Post
    You should figure out what your Maintenance level calories are, and subtract 300 from that. This will be the start of your calorie deficit. After a week or so of progress evaluation you can judge whether or not you need to drop your cals even lower.

Well, honestly you have a lot of junk in your diet above. First off you should drop the white bread for some kind of sprouted bread like Ezekiel.

The Mayo and applesauce should be cut out. Mayo doesn't provide the best kind of fat. Replace it with olive oil, PB or avocado. Unless you are having the Applesauce post workout, your body really doesn't need those kind of carbs in the middle of the day.

The sirloin is good, but you could probably lower the amount of cottage cheese and have some healthy fats and veggies.

For your dinner, drop the potatoe and just stick with protein, veggies and fat.

I realize that this diet was for when you were bulking, but you should change alot of things if you want to cut. Diet is the most important thing when it comes to losing fat. Drinking a lot of water (over a gallon a day) and eating lots of veggies will help you out a lot. Be sure to be getting healthy fats and lean meats in as well.
    Good post.

And cardio might help a little. You didn't say anything about your training.
  5. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Answers

I honestly feel that compound weight lifting movements are the best when it comes to fat loss. Adding a little cardio may help speed the process up, but you can always depend on things like Squats, Deads, Clean and Press and Chin-ups to get the job done.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by babywifey View Post
    I honestly feel that compound weight lifting movements are the best when it comes to fat loss. Adding a little cardio may help speed the process up, but you can always depend on things like Squats, Deads, Clean and Press and Chin-ups to get the job done.
    Couldn't agree with you more, but we never saw his training routine. All we saw was a diet layout. He may need help in his training, also.
  7. Registered User
    Answers

Thanks for the advice. I am planning to use this diet.

Morning

4 eggs, 2 slices of WHEAT toast.

Mid day

protien shake

Lunch

Lean turkey, and veggetables

Pre workout

Baked potato (is this ok pre-workout)
    2 chicken breasts
    Veggetables, and grapes

Post workout

Lean sirloin 8-10 oz
    2 slices of wheat toast
    veggies and fruits, lots
    2 glasses of 2% milk

How about that.

About my training,

I workout Mon, Tues, Thursday and Friday. It consists of a 1 1/2 hour lifting workout with a half hour of intense running, or wrestling.
    Friday I do about a 45 min lift, and 45 min running.

How about this?
  8. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Answers

I would say cut the potato pre workout and replace it with healthy fats. I would also suggest that you add fat to your lunch as well.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  173 lbs.
    Answers

Yeah, healthy fats will help you bro. Try mixed nuts. Good stuff

Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.7; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920
  10. Registered User
    Answers

Mixed nuts it is! Don't you think the potato is ok as a preworkout though?
  11. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Answers

A sweet potato or yam would be better. They have more nutrients and are lower glycemic than regular potatoes.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Unsafe, Mabey. Practical none the less!
    By TGCali87 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-28-2009, 07:06 PM
  2. A Practical Ab Workout
    By Jim Nasium in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-13-2009, 03:18 PM
  3. A Practical Guide on Complete Multivitamins
    By David Dunn in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-11-2009, 07:47 PM
  4. The Practical Scientist 2