Need diet help, with a practical edge as well.

  1. Registered User
    Bodybuilder20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    78
    Answers
    0

    Need diet help, with a practical edge as well.


    Hello,

    I'm looking for an honest diet critique that I can use. At the start of next week, I am going to begin cutting, and here is my bulk diet right now.

    Morning
    4 Eggs, 2 slices of white toast. water

    mid morning
    low fat, low carb, low sugar protien shake

    noon
    tuna, with 2 tsps of mayo, and 2 tsps of relish ( need a substitute for this because I can't consume that much mercury, so I alternate eod
    1 serving of applesauce (Is this good? I don't think it is)

    mid afternoon (preworkout)
    1 quarter pound of ground sirlion
    2 servings of cottage cheese

    dinner
    3 chicken breasts, baked potato, vegetables, salad

    after dinner

    either a protien shake or vegetables

    What can I get rid of to cut, what should I add in to it so that I can still get a lot of protien?

    I added a picture, It's pretty pathetic, I know, but I am trying to get rid of that Fing chest fat, and I am workin on it.

    Please add in whatever critique you would like, so that I can come up with a final solution
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  2. Registered User
    Bodybuilder20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    78
    Answers
    0


    anyone?
  3. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    babywifey's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,487
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Bodybuilder20 View Post
    Hello,

    I'm looking for an honest diet critique that I can use. At the start of next week, I am going to begin cutting, and here is my bulk diet right now.

    Morning
    4 Eggs, 2 slices of white toast. water

    mid morning
    low fat, low carb, low sugar protien shake

    noon
    tuna, with 2 tsps of mayo, and 2 tsps of relish ( need a substitute for this because I can't consume that much mercury, so I alternate eod
    1 serving of applesauce (Is this good? I don't think it is)

    mid afternoon (preworkout)
    1 quarter pound of ground sirlion
    2 servings of cottage cheese

    dinner
    3 chicken breasts, baked potato, vegetables, salad

    after dinner

    either a protien shake or vegetables

    What can I get rid of to cut, what should I add in to it so that I can still get a lot of protien?

    I added a picture, It's pretty pathetic, I know, but I am trying to get rid of that Fing chest fat, and I am workin on it.

    Please add in whatever critique you would like, so that I can come up with a final solution

    You should figure out what your Maintenance level calories are, and subtract 300 from that. This will be the start of your calorie deficit. After a week or so of progress evaluation you can judge whether or not you need to drop your cals even lower.

    Well, honestly you have a lot of junk in your diet above. First off you should drop the white bread for some kind of sprouted bread like Ezekiel.

    The Mayo and applesauce should be cut out. Mayo doesn't provide the best kind of fat. Replace it with olive oil, PB or avocado. Unless you are having the Applesauce post workout, your body really doesn't need those kind of carbs in the middle of the day.

    The sirloin is good, but you could probably lower the amount of cottage cheese and have some healthy fats and veggies.

    For your dinner, drop the potatoe and just stick with protein, veggies and fat.

    I realize that this diet was for when you were bulking, but you should change alot of things if you want to cut. Diet is the most important thing when it comes to losing fat. Drinking a lot of water (over a gallon a day) and eating lots of veggies will help you out a lot. Be sure to be getting healthy fats and lean meats in as well.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    bubbachew's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    30
    Posts
    530
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by babywifey View Post
    You should figure out what your Maintenance level calories are, and subtract 300 from that. This will be the start of your calorie deficit. After a week or so of progress evaluation you can judge whether or not you need to drop your cals even lower.

    Well, honestly you have a lot of junk in your diet above. First off you should drop the white bread for some kind of sprouted bread like Ezekiel.

    The Mayo and applesauce should be cut out. Mayo doesn't provide the best kind of fat. Replace it with olive oil, PB or avocado. Unless you are having the Applesauce post workout, your body really doesn't need those kind of carbs in the middle of the day.

    The sirloin is good, but you could probably lower the amount of cottage cheese and have some healthy fats and veggies.

    For your dinner, drop the potatoe and just stick with protein, veggies and fat.

    I realize that this diet was for when you were bulking, but you should change alot of things if you want to cut. Diet is the most important thing when it comes to losing fat. Drinking a lot of water (over a gallon a day) and eating lots of veggies will help you out a lot. Be sure to be getting healthy fats and lean meats in as well.
    Good post.

    And cardio might help a little. You didn't say anything about your training.
  5. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    babywifey's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,487
    Answers
    0


    I honestly feel that compound weight lifting movements are the best when it comes to fat loss. Adding a little cardio may help speed the process up, but you can always depend on things like Squats, Deads, Clean and Press and Chin-ups to get the job done.
  6. Registered User
    bubbachew's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    30
    Posts
    530
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by babywifey View Post
    I honestly feel that compound weight lifting movements are the best when it comes to fat loss. Adding a little cardio may help speed the process up, but you can always depend on things like Squats, Deads, Clean and Press and Chin-ups to get the job done.
    Couldn't agree with you more, but we never saw his training routine. All we saw was a diet layout. He may need help in his training, also.
  7. Registered User
    Bodybuilder20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    78
    Answers
    0


    Thanks for the advice. I am planning to use this diet.

    Morning

    4 eggs, 2 slices of WHEAT toast.

    Mid day

    protien shake

    Lunch

    Lean turkey, and veggetables

    Pre workout

    Baked potato (is this ok pre-workout)
    2 chicken breasts
    Veggetables, and grapes

    Post workout

    Lean sirloin 8-10 oz
    2 slices of wheat toast
    veggies and fruits, lots
    2 glasses of 2% milk

    How about that.

    About my training,

    I workout Mon, Tues, Thursday and Friday. It consists of a 1 1/2 hour lifting workout with a half hour of intense running, or wrestling.
    Friday I do about a 45 min lift, and 45 min running.

    How about this?
  8. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    babywifey's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,487
    Answers
    0


    I would say cut the potato pre workout and replace it with healthy fats. I would also suggest that you add fat to your lunch as well.
  9. Registered User
    Sinon's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  173 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    26
    Posts
    216
    Answers
    0


    Yeah, healthy fats will help you bro. Try mixed nuts. Good stuff

    Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.7; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920
  10. Registered User
    Bodybuilder20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    78
    Answers
    0


    Mixed nuts it is! Don't you think the potato is ok as a preworkout though?
  11. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    babywifey's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,487
    Answers
    0


    A sweet potato or yam would be better. They have more nutrients and are lower glycemic than regular potatoes.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Unsafe, Mabey. Practical none the less!
    By TGCali87 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-28-2009, 07:06 PM
  2. A Practical Ab Workout
    By Jim Nasium in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-13-2009, 03:18 PM
  3. A Practical Guide on Complete Multivitamins
    By David Dunn in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-11-2009, 07:47 PM
  4. The Practical Scientist 2
    By Quinc in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-07-2007, 09:46 PM
  5. The Practical Scientist, Protein Requirements
    By Quinc in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-09-2007, 12:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in