LOWER LDL CHOLESTEROL

luisfershredd

Awards
What's up everyone? HAve one question about lowering LDL cholesterol. My dad is a little overweight and he got his blood tested and had his LDL a little high and his HDL a little low.

Somy question is, what can he take in order to lower his LDL and increase HDL. He tries to do some cardio everyday although he doesn't really does that. And tries to maintain his diet in check.

I was looking at Lipid Stabil, but don't know if I could recomend that to him due to that he is not that engaged into exercising. What else could he take. Some help? Thx

cord195148

cord195148

Awards
Lipid control supplementation is independent of exercise habits. The formula you mentioned has some good ingredients. As an option you should check out LEF's ADVANCED LIPID CONTROL.

dukeshavenfarms

Awards
I'm not a professional by any means but Beelzebub did a writeup on Cycle Support by AI and it was pretty impressive. May be worth looking into here's the link:

anabolicminds.com/forum/anabolic-innovations/53347-cycle-support-life.html

(Sorry I'm not allowed to post links yet, so just cut and paste)

BigMfer

BigMfer

Awards
  • Established
EFA & Red Rice Yeast!

But Diet man, no fried food, no fast food! Eat healthy! No fatty cheese, bacon, red meat, shell food like shrimp, scallops, or lobster avoid. No butter either. Eat whole grains or whole wheat. Chicken, fish, bison, ostrich, turkey are good.

Colin

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
fish oil at about 3-5grams per day..
Fishoil is a staple for general health IMO and it is synergystic with Sesathin(sesamin).

From the Sesathin writeup,linked below:

http://www.mindandmuscle.net/articles/chris_clancey/sesathin

If one looks at SesaThin’s ability to positively modulate cholesterol, the picture looks even brighter. First and foremost, SesaThin markedly decreases triglyceride (TG) formation and increases TG uptake and fatty acid oxidation (5,9), while decreasing cholesterol levels (16,17,33). And be prepared to cue the “you gotta’ be kidding me’s”, because it’s actually a little better than that. SesaThin seems to actually increase HDL cholesterol (the good stuff), while putting your LDL (the bad stuff) to bed without its toys (16,17,33).

In fact, just 100mg per day of SesaThin (1/15th of a regular daily dosing of SesaThin) has been clinically demonstrated to be modestly, but significantly hypocholestemic in humans (34). Morever, SesaThin also antagonizes inflammation (10,12,35),

BignBad

Awards
What's up everyone? HAve one question about lowering LDL cholesterol. My dad is a little overweight and he got his blood tested and had his LDL a little high and his HDL a little low.

Somy question is, what can he take in order to lower his LDL and increase HDL. He tries to do some cardio everyday although he doesn't really does that. And tries to maintain his diet in check.

I was looking at Lipid Stabil, but don't know if I could recomend that to him due to that he is not that engaged into exercising. What else could he take. Some help? Thx
A low fat diet will dramatically lower his cholesterol and blood pressure. Furthermore, if he concentrates on a variant of this called the Ornish Diet, egg whites are allowed so he can get good protein while he's at it. (I'm sure Whey is allowed as well.)

The Ornish Diet will actually decrease arteriosclerosis while it's at it and protect him from prostate cancer.

Many antioxidants either lower LDL or protect it from oxidizing as well.