Question on Eggs - AnabolicMinds.com

Question on Eggs

1. New Member

Exclamation Question on Eggs

I had blood work done about a two months ago and i came up with slightly elevated liver enzymes (not sure of numbers, parents have the blood work). I'm currently cutting and my breakfast is 6 eggs, 4 yolks and 2 pieces of wheat toast with natty pb. My doctor told me that anything more than 2 eggs a week because of fat and cholesterol content. According to him that's 40 more eggs than i'm supposed to eat. Am i missing something?

2. New Member

*more than 2 eggs a week is too much, sorry for the typo.
  3. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Doctor is a tard. That school of thought has been debunked many times in recent years. Heavy fat consumption can elevate liver enzymes, but it is usually from bad fats (e.g. trans, excess sat).
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    •   

4. New Member

that's what i was thinking, thanks for the help!
  5. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

darnit, rodja beat me to it.

if your cholesterol + triglycerides were fine, then ignore it. There are so many things that can cause elevated liver #s that its hard to believe. if you worked out within the last 12 hours prior to the blood test, that could have caused it as well
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  6. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    darnit, rodja beat me to it.

if your cholesterol + triglycerides were fine, then ignore it. There are so many things that can cause elevated liver #s that its hard to believe. if you worked out within the last 12 hours prior to the blood test, that could have caused it as well
    There is also the ever popular false-positive. I remember my ex getting her bloodwork done and her numbers cam back somewhere around 600. She got retested a week later and they were around 55.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  7. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

whew, that would be some crapping pants time in between there Plus too it is relelvant whether its AST ALT or billirubin. AST or ALT being high alone but bilirubin being normal isn't such a big deal if I remember right. if all 3 are elevated, thats a different story tho
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  8. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    whew, that would be some crapping pants time in between there Plus too it is relelvant whether its AST ALT or billirubin. AST or ALT being high alone but bilirubin being normal isn't such a big deal if I remember right. if all 3 are elevated, thats a different story tho
    Yeah, it scared the sh!t out of me, especially when the doc started throwing out hepatitis as a possibility.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  9. New Member

i have in it in front of me now. Here it is:
    MY SCORES NORMAL RANGE
    ALBUMIN 4.7 3.6-5.1
    GLOBULIN 2.7 2.1- 3.5
    BILIRUBIN, TOTAL .8 .2-1.1
    ALKALINE PHOSP 132 48-230
    AST 30 12-32
    ALT 55 8-45
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by JKBB44 View Post
    I had blood work done about a two months ago and i came up with slightly elevated liver enzymes (not sure of numbers, parents have the blood work). I'm currently cutting and my breakfast is 6 eggs, 4 yolks and 2 pieces of wheat toast with natty pb. My doctor told me that anything more than 2 eggs a week because of fat and cholesterol content. According to him that's 40 more eggs than i'm supposed to eat. Am i missing something?
    You could start buying the Omega eggs as well...
  11. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

yeah, thats not too bad. how long before that was the last prior workout? and how much in protein and fat do you take in a day?
    This space for rent

12. New Member

My lipid panel looks like this
    CHOLESTEROL, TOTAL MINE 175 NORM 125-170
    HDL, HDL RATIO, LDL CHOL, AND TRIGLYCERIDES were in normal ranges.
    TSH, 3RD GENERATION WAS MINE 5.54 NORM .5- 4.30

Should i be concerned?
  13. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

no, I wouldn't be. You pretty low bodyfat already? generally an ectomorph?
    This space for rent

14. New Member

yea ide consider myself an ecto. im probably around 10-12% body fat now
  15. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

I wouldnt be that worried about the tsh then either. just make sure they check next time for T4 and T3
    This space for rent

16. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  163 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by JKBB44 View Post
    i have in it in front of me now. Here it is:
    MY SCORES NORMAL RANGE
    ALBUMIN 4.7 3.6-5.1
    GLOBULIN 2.7 2.1- 3.5
    BILIRUBIN, TOTAL .8 .2-1.1
    ALKALINE PHOSP 132 48-230
    AST 30 12-32
    ALT 55 8-45

my AST was above the normal range, my ALT was probably around 70.

there is a huge thread on MD where people that work out have elevated liver enzymes. In fact, some study came out that showed that those same liver enzymes that you have elevated, especially ALT, are higher in healthy people that have worked out recently...

My doctor told me to stop working out for a week before re-test. No way I'm going to do that. i won't take more than 2 days off in a row.

if you are really concerned you can ask the doctor for a different liver test that doesn't involve the blood. I think they can do some kind of biopsy, which is what they'd do anyway, if they repeatedly found your liver enzymes high. i think that biopsy is painful tho!
  17. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  228 lbs.

http://www.canada.com/Health/Fried+e...630/story.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddr...sure-down.html

Eggs contain cholesterol and high cholesterol levels in our blood increases our risk of heart disease.

However, the cholesterol we get from our food - and this includes eggs - has less effect on the amount of cholesterol in our blood than the amount of saturated fat we eat. If your GP has told you to watch your cholesterol levels, your priority should be cutting down on saturated fats.

"Doctor is a tard. That school of thought has been debunked many times in recent years. Heavy fat consumption can elevate liver enzymes, but it is usually from bad fats (e.g. trans, excess sat)."

And what he said.
  18. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  195 lbs.

How soon was it that you ate before this test?

ANYTHING you eat increases liver enzymes for a time.

Taking an Aspirin increases them too. I'd say you're ok unless it stays at that level for a long while.
  19. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  178 lbs.

alright now i have a question related is eating between 6-8 eggs a day bad? like side effects cuz my doc told me i eat way too many eggs but i now only get to eat like 2-3 eggs a day compared to my normal 6-8 eggs a day
  20. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastRonin View Post
    However, the cholesterol we get from our food - and this includes eggs - has less effect on the amount of cholesterol in our blood than the amount of saturated fat we eat. If your GP has told you to watch your cholesterol levels, your priority should be cutting down on saturated fats.
    This is what I've learned as
  21. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  220 lbs.

Heavy weight training can also cause increased liver enymes.
  22. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  228 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MMAMONSTER19 View Post
    alright now i have a question related is eating between 6-8 eggs a day bad? like side effects cuz my doc told me i eat way too many eggs but i now only get to eat like 2-3 eggs a day compared to my normal 6-8 eggs a day
    I personally eat 6-8 whole eggs a day, I have regular blood work and it is always within normal parameters. Having said that though, you can always test before/after diets (egg/no egg)with blood work yourself to see how your body reacts. You can also switch to just egg whites if it makes you feel more comfortable.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. RAW EGGS vs COOKED EGGS
    By LIFTEDnGIFTED in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 06-15-2011, 09:38 PM
  2. Quick question about Iron and Eggs
    By Arek in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-10-2007, 02:17 PM
  3. Eggs/Cottage Cheese in a protein shake question
    By Jsouth in forum Nutrition / Health