Trans fat - AnabolicMinds.com

Trans fat

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  153 lbs.

Trans fat

This has always confused me...

If you eat things with trans fat, or hydrogenated oils, will you gain weight? Although, you still stay within your calorie maintenance?

So, basically if you don't gain or lose weight at 2500 calories and have some girl scout cookies...You had 6 cookies, but calculated them into your total calories...Would this impact you any different than if you had chicken breast instead? (from a fat weight gain perspective, not health)

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.

you know trans fat will lower your testosterone levels right?
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

A chicken breast has more nutritional value than girl scout cookies.
    •   

4. Banned

ya u dont wanna inject transfat why not just take a table spoon of olive oil and another by seasame oil daily? that will give u some good fats/calories
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  153 lbs.

Did you guys read the question?

"So, basically if you don't gain or lose weight at 2500 calories and have some girl scout cookies...You had 6 cookies, but calculated them into your total calories...Would this impact you any different than if you had chicken breast instead? (from a fat weight gain perspective, not health")

I'm not saying that my diet would consist of just trans fat, or hydrogenated oils...I'm saying, is it ok to have it every now and then instead of eating PERFECT like i do now?

All fast food chains except for chick filet (excluding bread) has trans fat and hydrogenated oils. This is including when you go out and eat a restaurant. I look at all nutrition facts at restaurants and generally the safest thing is a chicken salad...

White bread, any snacks you buy at a store, chips, shakes, ice cream, etc...All this stuff is bad.

But, is it ok to maybe have ice cream every now and then? Maybe some pizza on occasion...Will this impact my body and trigger weight gain? Because honestly, it's very hard to eat the way i do now.

Even pizza has trans fat. Unless you go to a place where they make it fresh and not pizza hut or something...
  6. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

Make your own pizza But it seems like canada is a step ahead of the game when it comes to trans-fats. It has been required to be put on labelling for a while now, and most manufacturers have eliminated/greatly reduced the TFAs in food.

It's not the end of the world if you have TFAs; people intake them all the time. It's just not optimal for your health, and if you could avoid it, I would suggest you do so. But a few girls scout cookies aren't going to make you fat, it's the overall diet & caloric balance.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  153 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    Make your own pizza But it seems like canada is a step ahead of the game when it comes to trans-fats. It has been required to be put on labelling for a while now, and most manufacturers have eliminated/greatly reduced the TFAs in food.

It's not the end of the world if you have TFAs; people intake them all the time. It's just not optimal for your health, and if you could avoid it, I would suggest you do so. But a few girls scout cookies aren't going to make you fat, it's the overall diet & caloric balance.
    That's what i needed to hear, thank you.

I was watching this show last night called: "half ton teenager." Wow...Their was this 19 year old that weighed 850lbs...

These people on the show ate an average of 30,000 calories a day!!!!!!

First, how can you eat that much?
    Second, how could you let yourself go that much?
    Third, why do people feel bad for them?

They chose to eat 4 cheeseburgers at a time and a half tub of ice cream, you know?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-01-2006, 08:16 AM
  2. m1t,1test trans,4ad trans cycle
    By Rebel in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-06-2004, 11:15 PM
  3. Trans LR3 IGF ?
    By morigu in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-18-2004, 06:45 PM