Lunch

jdboucher

Awards
Im in high school and do eat in the cafeteria. What do you guys do for lunch? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy

Awards
  • Established
Depends what you're goals are?

Recomp? Bulk? Cut?

How "clean" is your cafeteria food?

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
if you want a cleaner diet how about bringing some food from home? beef jerky, protein bars or drink, pb & jelly sandwiches just to mention a few.

spres444

spres444

Awards
  • Established
well if your worried about not knowing what your eating, the best is to make your own..

couple pb+j sandwhiches, bananna, protein shake..always makes a nice filling lunch.. chicken, tuna, fish..all lean meat is a good choice

PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy

Awards
  • Established
Bulking. The cafeteria is decently clean, from what I can see.
If you're bulking dirty or have a fast metabolism, I would say everything in sight.

Otherwise I'd say have 1/3 of the plate be veggies, 1/3 meat, and 1/3 carbs. I'd substitute milk for water if you're not already doing that.

EDIT: On an added note, if you're trying to bulk you should be forcing yourself to eat at the end of the meal. That way you're going past the signs of physiological satiety, meaning you're consuming more calories during a meal than your body "needs."

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bulking. The cafeteria is decently clean, from what I can see.
by clean we're talking about ingredients not clean/dirty. particularly talking about things like how much sugar, bleached white flour, types of fat used, etc :)

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
i could almost guarantee that the food served at school cafeterias are among the ''dirtiest'' you can find.

You've got some good suggestions so far

Tuna, chicken, PBJ (w/ natty PB, low sugar jelly), jerky, oatmeal, etc.

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
i would go as far to say any protien (meat) is good for u! at 6' 170 u have some filling out to do. Always remember to bust your ass training and eat....... a lot..... and you will get bigger/stronger.

WELCOME TO AM!!!

WILL DA BEAST

WILL DA BEAST

Awards
  • Established
i just graduated h/s in may of '08 (**** i'm getting older it seems) and our caf. food was pure dog crap!! full of processed junk and hardly any lean protein/ clean carbs. so beginning with my junior year I began cooking all of my food at home and bringing it to school. sunday afternoons i'd cook a big pot of brown rice/ whole wheat pasta and 1-2 pounds of ground beef. mix it all together with olive oil, shredded cheese, and black pepper and i'd have my meals for the whole week. also steam some veggies. but pb&j's, beef jerkey, baggies with assorted nuts, RTD protein shakes, tuna packs w/ the crackers already in them, fruit...etc. there are tons of different types of food you can cook easily and bring from home to eat rather than school garbage. but if you must eat it....then find people who don't want their lunch and see if they'll give you their skim milk, veggies, and whatever else you want. good luck bro. btw what grade are you in? glad to see another young gun on the forums w/ me, lata:burnout:

jdboucher

Awards
i just graduated h/s in may of '08 (**** i'm getting older it seems) and our caf. food was pure dog crap!! full of processed junk and hardly any lean protein/ clean carbs. so beginning with my junior year I began cooking all of my food at home and bringing it to school. sunday afternoons i'd cook a big pot of brown rice/ whole wheat pasta and 1-2 pounds of ground beef. mix it all together with olive oil, shredded cheese, and black pepper and i'd have my meals for the whole week. also steam some veggies. but pb&j's, beef jerkey, baggies with assorted nuts, RTD protein shakes, tuna packs w/ the crackers already in them, fruit...etc. there are tons of different types of food you can cook easily and bring from home to eat rather than school garbage. but if you must eat it....then find people who don't want their lunch and see if they'll give you their skim milk, veggies, and whatever else you want. good luck bro. btw what grade are you in? glad to see another young gun on the forums w/ me, lata:burnout:
Thanks for the advice. I'm 17. I just started seriously lifting and stumbled onto the forum. Thanks for the welcome.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ya pack a lunch! thats what i always did and you can still manage plenty of variety packing your lunch....