Quit smoking without using any medication - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

Quit smoking without using any medication

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by dedlifter1 View Post
    sounds pretty interesting. Im using the gum right now. tastes terriblr. Better thrn a marb tho. day 2 smoke free.
    Quote Originally Posted by lennoxchi View Post
    day 2 myself

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by suncloud View Post
    much appreciated!!:bruce3:
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Good work you guys. If you're anything like me...it will help to quit counting at some point. Counting is positive at first, but you can have people hold ya accountable without tracking the days off. If you have quit and will never smoke for the rest of your life, why keep track of how long it's been? Just my opinion. Good work though!
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by conwict View Post
    Good work you guys. If you're anything like me...it will help to quit counting at some point. Counting is positive at first, but you can have people hold ya accountable without tracking the days off. If you have quit and will never smoke for the rest of your life, why keep track of how long it's been? Just my opinion. Good work though!
    dually noted my man.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.

i believe its all about will power. granted i have never smoked, i simply asked my girlfriend to stop smoking and she quit cold turky.
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.

honestly, im on day three or four, and this isnt that difficult. i smoked a pack a day or more for 15 yrs, and i really felt i could never even go a day. But i was sooooooooo F!!!!n sick of it. Done.
  7. purebred

It's called Goal Setting for Hard Asses, Google it.
    lol classic. how did i miss this?! sounds like a self-help gone hardcore
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

ded, that's what it takes man. If you really want to stop and hate doing it you can. That was my deal: it's just a filthy habit altogether. Just watch out for situations where you might let your guard down and give excuses like "I can have just one" (for most people, drinking in bars etc).
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.

Wink

ded, that's what it takes man. If you really want to stop and hate doing it you can. That was my deal: it's just a filthy habit altogether. Just watch out for situations where you might let your guard down and give excuses like "I can have just one" (for most people, drinking in bars etc).
    No kidding! I dont drink so thats no worry. Tonite i had a pretty good craving, held on strong tho. my boy was smokin. smelled good, and bad at same time.
  10. New Member

Hey man, you've got the power to resist this...it's not even something you want in your life.
  11. purebred

No kidding! I dont drink so thats no worry. Tonite i had a pretty good craving, held on strong tho. my boy was smokin. smelled good, and bad at same time.
    hey ded, a few suggestions for you if you don't mind brother

i sincerely feel it's essential for the sake of your mission's success to associate with more.. positive people if you will; surrounding yourself with people who possess similar views & goals (general and specific) concerning health, fitness and particularly smoking may prove to be highly beneficial to your triumph over smoking. many people who try to quit smoking fail mainly due to underestimation of the obstacle they're facing. might sounds stupid but it's definitely a good idea to attack a problem from as multiple angles and in this game: "the more the better" rings true.

the ideal scenario to find yourself in is alongside someone that has gone down the path you're currently beginning to journey on (i.e. someone who used to smoke and quit effectively) and although i would never condone ostracizing people or judging people for what they do, it's always important to realize what your goals and priorities are and realize that sometimes you have to do what's best for you, for the sake of your best interest. depending on the situation, you will find that many times the changes you make do not have to be permanent and are only temporary until you're able to solidify yourself in a way of life that brings you peace of mind, happiness and all those things we as human beings tend to search for.

forgive me, i don't want to be intrusive or come across like I'm preaching but i just wanted to mention a few things i felt might serve as useful to you bro.

wishing you and all you other folks working at making a choice to put your health first!
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by purebred View Post
    hey ded, a few suggestions for you if you don't mind brother

i sincerely feel it's essential for the sake of your mission's success to associate with more.. positive people if you will; surrounding yourself with people who possess similar views & goals (general and specific) concerning health, fitness and particularly smoking may prove to be highly beneficial to your triumph over smoking. many people who try to quit smoking fail mainly due to underestimation of the obstacle they're facing. might sounds stupid but it's definitely a good idea to attack a problem from as multiple angles and in this game: "the more the better" rings true.

the ideal scenario to find yourself in is alongside someone that has gone down the path you're currently beginning to journey on (i.e. someone who used to smoke and quit effectively) and although i would never condone ostracizing people or judging people for what they do, it's always important to realize what your goals and priorities are and realize that sometimes you have to do what's best for you, for the sake of your best interest. depending on the situation, you will find that many times the changes you make do not have to be permanent and are only temporary until you're able to solidify yourself in a way of life that brings you peace of mind, happiness and all those things we as human beings tend to search for.

forgive me, i don't want to be intrusive or come across like I'm preaching but i just wanted to mention a few things i felt might serve as useful to you bro.

wishing you and all you other folks working at making a choice to put your health first!
    not preaching at all, that is absolutely true. wear i was last night, alot of people smoke, and unfortunately, i HAVE to be there no matter what. but that is ok, because i dont want it anymore, and thats the deciding factor!!
  13. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

i was at about a pack and a half a day, until I realized I was wasting all my money and going to die soon. for me it was all about being bored. when i was driving, i would smoke. when i was walking to class, i would smoke..after meal i would smoke..all things like that...

i up and quit cold turkey, but i wanted to legit strangle everyone around me for the week following it. I quit about 5 months ago, I still occasional smoke one every now and then..sucks because usually my friends leave em in my car and i end up having one on my way home from work now and then ><
  14. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  179 lbs.

congrats on your decision. i never had a problem quitting.....the problem for me comes later, around the 8 to 10 month range, all of a sudden i think i can have one, that turns into a pack and so on. my point is, do not let up, remind yourself that having one means your a smoker again, cause normally that is what it turns into. i just went through this, i'm quitting today as well. and not just for 8 to 10 months either.....it's not going to be pleasant, but i know i can do it, and so can you......YOU deceide to pick up the smoke not visa-versa, no smoke has ever jumped into my mouth....i always made the decision.
    I agree on this,,,13 years smoking quit 2 years ago,,,I cant go thru that pain again,,,almost had to be put on valium,,,but I was chewing and smoking,,,toothpicks,,,sunflow er seeds ( watch the sodium) talk about it with someone when you got that huge urge,,,,best of luck
  15. purebred

Quote Originally Posted by Clash40 View Post
    talk about it with someone when you got that huge urge,,,,best of luck
    oh i talk about it when i get an "urge". my urges are different though and they typically lead to me having sex

16. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.

oh i talk about it when i get an "urge". my urges are different though and they typically lead to me having sex

lol lol lol lol!! sweet.
  17. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.

goodluck
  18. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  169 lbs.

it's funny cause america is constantly making fun of canada. i mean, i'm sure there's plenty of other good reasons to but uhh, yeah...we're actually a lot dumber than a lot of countries when it comes to a lot of things. smoking being one of them. you would think with the amount of research and information we have available, at our disposal, at our fingerprints, that the nation of america would be a bit smarter. no, cause we're probably the dumbest fattest nation considering how much we know yet our inability to apply all that we know. we therefore, render all that great information useless b/c our collective, intentional ignorance. it's a beautiful thing

i apologize for sounding so unpatriotic but hey..i don't think anything i've stated is untrue. can't beat truth.
    Cause the government makes money off it...

honestly, im on day three or four, and this isnt that difficult. i smoked a pack a day or more for 15 yrs, and i really felt i could never even go a day. But i was sooooooooo F!!!!n sick of it. Done.
    Very good to hear bro, any updates on how you been doin now?

Im not gonna lie to you guys. Over the weekend i fell for a cigarette. After 5 and a half months of no smoking i had one. I got a huge buzz off of it but i regret the decision and i now am determined to never ever touch a cigarette in my life again. no matter what.
  19. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by RichardF12 View Post

Im not gonna lie to you guys. Over the weekend i fell for a cigarette. After 5 and a half months of no smoking i had one. I got a huge buzz off of it but i regret the decision and i now am determined to never ever touch a cigarette in my life again. no matter what.
    Curious for an update too.

And don't worry about just one, you've gone a long time. It's a minor slip-up, just use it as more motivation...which it looks like you're doing.
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by RichardF12 View Post
    Cause the government makes money off it...

Still running strong over here, feeling pretty good about myself.
  21. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.

me too bro, it's a bit harder than the "last time". but like a said before, the real test is in 8 to 10 months from now.
  22. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.

really to be honest from what others say the only way to quite smoking is to want to do it for yourself once you make the commitment its a lot more easy.
  23. New Member

Thumbs up

Good to hear bro, keep on truckin.
  24. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.

I just started my journey to be cigarette free today, after smoking a pack a day for 13 years. Wish me luck!
  25. Senior Member

To answer the OPs question, its never impossible to go cold turkey. If you really hate the habit, countless people have had the drive to quit on nothing but self determination. Audie Murphy is my favorite example. Addicted to meds because of his PTSD from winning 33 medals in WWII, he locked himself in a hotel room for a week or so.
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.

me too bro, it's a bit harder than the "last time". but like a said before, the real test is in 8 to 10 months from now.
    yeah so i have heard!
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky1p View Post
    really to be honest from what others say the only way to quite smoking is to want to do it for yourself once you make the commitment its a lot more easy.
    couldnt have said it better myself!!
    Quote Originally Posted by AllMaxBrian View Post
    Good to hear bro, keep on truckin.
    i will my man, thanx for support!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdstang View Post
    I just started my journey to be cigarette free today, after smoking a pack a day for 13 years. Wish me luck!
    best of luck, it is well worth it!!
  27. New Member

i just recently quit smoking in december after smoking for 8 years ...i did it cold turkey ...trust me if you are looking to quit and are ready to pick up a book called ..."the easy way to stop smoking" by Allen Carr ..it sounds a little ridiculous that a book help me quit ..but please trust me it works ..and its only been 3 months and i feel so much better already tons of energy throughout the day ..the book explains to you that you really do not need cigarettes ...you can go 8 hours without a cigarette when you sleep ...the addiction is not strong at ALL ..and before you starting smoking did you ever want a cigarette? ...NO because smoking causes those urges ..it does not relieve them!! ...also ..go to you tube ..and type in Australian Graphic Anti-Smoking Ads ..and watch the mouth cancer commercial and oral cancer commercial ...just positive reinforcement ..those commercials really disturbed me ...i know this is a little cliche but seriously ..if i can do it, anyone can do it ..it is very simple once you understand your addiction.
  28. purebred

this thread's title should be changed to something more catering to those attempting to quit. something like the "The Official Quitting Smoking Support Thread", something similar to the AA/NA threads. just a thought and forgive me if my suggestion for thread title blows. i just woke up
  29. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.

this thread's title should be changed to something more catering to those attempting to quit. something like the "The Official Quitting Smoking Support Thread", something similar to the AA/NA threads. just a thought and forgive me if my suggestion for thread title blows. i just woke up
    thats actually a good idea. support is huge when quitting.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Who here has quit smoking?
    By Caferacer in forum General Chat
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 02-26-2009, 01:25 PM
  2. How to Quit Smoking Without Gaining (Much) Weight
    By Hurleyboy05 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-30-2008, 01:07 PM
  3. Best way to quit smoking....
    By dunimous in forum General Chat
    Replies: 31