Lunch Ideas

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
I'm looking for some good lunch ideas which I can pack to take to work. I'm tired of chicken and brown rice. Any good suggestions out there that are both quick to make at night or prep early in the week? Interesting sandwiches? etc?

AllMaxBrian

Awards
Wraps are a nice twist on boring sandwiches, and you can make a big pot of chili to feed yourself for the week. Get some lean turkey, beans, diced tomatoes, perhaps some potatoes and go nuts.

Chubbinmuffin

Chubbinmuffin

Awards
  • Established
x2 on the chili. That can go a long way. Got a cookbook? I was pretty much stuck eating the same food until I bought this "America's Healthy Cooking" book. No sandwiches in it though. It has the nutrition facts per serving for all the food in it too.

AllMaxBrian

Awards
I also like mixing couscous, sauteed spinach and tuna up with some garlic salt, very easy to make and portable.

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
Got a good chili recipe you'd care to share?

AllMaxBrian

Awards
I like to mix a couple cans of Hormel Diced Tomatoes with Jalapenos with a can of kidney beans, a few pork chops and a couple cups of rice. If you cook the pork chops first then it only takes a few minutes to simmer the rest of the ingredients and it can be microwaved at work.

russttu

Awards
Got a good chili recipe you'd care to share?
1 container lean ground turkey, generally 1.2-1.5lb
2 containers diced tomatoes, I use hunts or del monte as they have flavored kinds. I use the zesty green chili.
1 can black or kidney beans
1 can diced green chili (these are small cans)
1 whole onion diced.
1 tablespoon diced garlic
2 tablespoon cayenne pepper (one if you cant take the spice) . (they also have chili seasoning packets, but I like to season myself)
1 tablespoon cracked black pepper.
1 teaspoon sea salt.

Brown up the turkey meat then turn heat to low and add the the ingredients in the order listed. Stir to mix them and the cover for 25-30 minutes on low temperature. Just enough to simmer the chili. Uncover and test the consistency, if you like it thicker, turn up the heat and leave the top off to cook off the excess water.

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
Made some chili last night. Easy, healthy, and tastes good. I browned the meat and then let the crock pot do the rest. Came out really good, especially over rice. Now I can change things up now and then and perfect the taste to my liking. Perfect lunch though. Never realized how easy it is to make..

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
not sure if this is up your alley or not :

1 bagel, sliced
mustard
pepper jack cheese
turkey (4 oz)

microwave for 40 seconds. tastes like it was right out of the deli. make two of them :)

DarkDragon

Awards
not sure if this is up your alley or not :

1 bagel, sliced
mustard
pepper jack cheese
turkey (4 oz)

microwave for 40 seconds. tastes like it was right out of the deli. make two of them :)
Those are awesome, I love bagel sammiches!

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have great recipes including for lunch in a log I have. Plus I'll be adding more and more soon as I constantly update it. You can find the link in my signature titled Zone meal of the week.. It follows the Zone Diet strictly. Enjoy!