Too many calories?

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
So im curious and im sure the answers will vary from person to person. But if you are cutting or recomping or even bulking... How many calories do you think is too many calories in one meal?

The Myth

way too vague of a question. a 100lb girl would need a different amount than ron coleman.

whats your lbm?

how many calories are you eating per day?

how many meals pr day?

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Well im not really asking for myself, im just asking because I thought it was a good question. I hear alot of talk about how its pointless to take in more than like 50-60 grams of protein in a sitting (which i think is horseshxt) so i was curious what people thought was too many calories in one sitting. For example Im sure most people wouldnt advise eating 3000 calories in one meal (this is exaggerated) but Im curious what most people this is too much

robotj

Awards
Ive heard a lot of different arguements on the protein consumption part. I'm not sure that anything higher than 50-60 p would be available/utilized. I'm sure it also makes a differenace what types of protein are being eaten during that sitting.

svt99

Awards
what do you think the calorie intake of a 160lb male that is a hard gainer should be that is trying to bulk up and gain weight?

WILL DA BEAST

WILL DA BEAST

Awards
  • Established
what do you think the calorie intake of a 160lb male that is a hard gainer should be that is trying to bulk up and gain weight?
i dunno..a whole lot...
:laugh:

lol i usually go for body weight x 20cals so...

160x20=3200 calories give or take. hardgainers typically need more

drivehard

drivehard

Awards
  • Established
I try to keep my meals under 600 calories...but I am no hard gainer, just the opposite actually.

If I were a hard gainer having trouble putting on weight, I would eat until I was stuffed at each of 5 meals. If I eat until I'm stuffed on GOOD foods that keep me at good macros, it usually ends up to be about 4000 calories a day (750 a meal). I put on weight like a madman when I eat like that (think 5 pounds a week).

Good luck!

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
some of the newer studies have shown that several smaller meals is not necessarily better than fewer larger meals.
it's the daily cal totals/macros that is most important.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
some of the newer studies have shown that several smaller meals is not necessarily better than fewer larger meals.
it's the daily cal totals/macros that is most important.
good to hear! some days some of my meals are huge compared to the others!

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
Yea for my next bulk I've been thinking about going back to 3 large meals with better macros, just to see the results. I feel like eating ever 2-3 hours may put on more BF