Tabacco chew and lifting!?!

Afrochowder

Afrochowder

Awards
A couple of my buddies chew but also always chew when they lift because they say it keeps them focused. I think its just stupid and am wondering if there is anything about chewing tobacco that is bad for the muscles or bodybuilding in general. I would like to be able to tell them something that would make em quit :D.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
A couple of my buddies chew but also always chew when they lift because they say it keeps them focused. I think its just stupid and am wondering if there is anything about chewing tobacco that is bad for the muscles or bodybuilding in general. I would like to be able to tell them something that would make em quit :D.
Eh, if it's traditional chew it's going to be loaded with sugar, which isn't necessarily a good thing depending on your goals.

I enjoy working out with some Snus in.. It's quite nice, and does provide a bit of extra focus.

As far as negative effects, it can increase blood pressure, since nicotine consumption will have a stim effect. However, it's not a problem for some.

Afrochowder

Afrochowder

Awards
Ya they say it helps them focus and i actually tried it the other day and it didn't really help me focus, it just tasted good lol.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
Ya they say it helps them focus and i actually tried it the other day and it didn't really help me focus, it just tasted good lol.
Haha.. nice. Lucky thing you're not super sensitive to nicotine, otherwise you'd have gotten siiiiiiick.

iRishous

Awards
I don't think it would have a negative effect on your muscles, but the nicotine in dip is a stimulant and can help you focus. Personally, after heavy squats with a lip in I would probably boot

PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy

Awards
  • Established
Agreed...

But after a set of heavy squats or deadlifts they're great to throw one in and then go sit in the sauna or shower.... Its a lil slice of heaven

Chet231

Awards
i love chewing at the gym it gets you a nice focus