HELP ! sick with a head cold ! - AnabolicMinds.com

HELP ! sick with a head cold !

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.

HELP ! sick with a head cold !

hey everyone !! need your help here!! im sick with a head cold !

can you tell me what would be good to eat and not eat. thanks ! sickboy !

2. Bananas
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.

I always mega dose zinc.
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.

thanks !

how about my protien intake ? i usaully eat or have a 40 grm. protien shake every couple of hours. should i maintain this ?

is there any ' fruit ' i could eat that would help ?
    •   

4. NutraPlanet Fanatic

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Up your protein intake.

Take:

multivitamin
    zinc
    magnesium
    PROBIOTICS
    Fruit based anti-oixidants
    Vitamin C
    beta-alanine (my own hypothesis...as yet to be revealed)
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.

ok ! my protien is at 350 grams a day ! how much more protien do i take in ? thanks for the help !!!
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    Up your protein intake.

Take:

multivitamin
    zinc
    magnesium
    PROBIOTICS
    Fruit based anti-oixidants
    Vitamin C
    beta-alanine (my own hypothesis...as yet to be revealed)
    All of the above,plus rinse your sinuses out with a neti pot and warm salt water. Also gargle with salt water. Viruses can't survive in a saline enviroment. Cuts the duration of a cold in half.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  179 lbs.

VITAMINS! Just got over a head cold that been going around work. Lasted from Monday when I woke up, and had it pretty much killed by Friday/Sat morning. I doubled up on my vits and took Zinc and vitamin C.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'6"  236 lbs.

Vitamin C. Put couple sweaters on and go to sleep. Make sure to sweat as much as possible. Drink lots of fluids, even if you are not thirsty. If your appetite is too low, then force yourself to eat.
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by TripDog View Post
    I always mega dose zinc.
    Yep, double dose zinc but AVOID iron, calcium and magnesium. It does make a difference. Pathogens need these minerals to grow and support cell integrity (that's why they tell you don't take tums with your antibiotics). I always skip my multi when I'm sick because of all the iron, and take the essential B vitamins individually. Or get an iron-free multi, the small amount of cal/mag in a multi probably wouldn't hurt much. I've had a little success with colloidal silver too, and if you catch it early mega dose sodium or potassium ascorbate can work well.
  10. Professional Member

Green Tea helps a lot as well (anti oxidants) If Im sick I usually drink 3 cups of it in a day each cup has 3-4 tea bags in it
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"   lbs.

O.D. on the vitamin c and zinc. I was told by this hippie lady at the vitamin cottage that when your sick with a cold you need to up your vitamin c to like 5000 to 10000 mg. per day!! It always worked for me,be your own judge.
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"   lbs.

Oh yeah,one other thing...Stay away from dairy,and bread until your cold goes away. You have no idea how much mucus that stuff can produce,and when your sick it is like 10 fold.
  13. New Member

Careful with mega dosing Vit C...it can cause diarhea.

Also, anytime I start to feel sick I hop on the treadmill and beat the hell out of myself.

don't know why, but it seems to work for me.
  14. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  238 lbs.

Warning: most protein shakes/supplements are made from dairy! If someone tells you to cut down or eliminate dairy, which I agree with, you MAY want to eliminate the shakes. It's only for a few days, you're not going to shrink. Just substitute it with lean meat proteins, etc. Eat best you can and move on.
  15. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

Trauma1's common cold facts/treatments/studies.

Taken from my write-up:

Zinc Gluconate: (preferably lozenge or nasal spray form/route as studies seem to support this delivery method better due to more adequate distrubution in infected nasal mucosa tissues to illicit benefits.) While zinc's mechanism of action in cold prevention is unclear, it has shown to have immune boosting/anti-viral properties. Taken as a lozenge or preferably nasal spray, zinc releases ions that prevent the common cold virus from maturing and attaching to airways. Choose zinc gluconate or zinc acetate without flavoring agents such as citric and tartaric acids—they appear to stunt its preventive powers. Take it only once or twice a day for a week at a time.
    Orally ingested zinc hasn't proven effective in 'cold virus' attenuation, but the nasal and lozenge treatments have. This is because it demonstrates its beneficial effects when directly placed in the nasal mucosa where a typical rhinovirus germinates.

Legendary

16. Professional Member

All good suggestions, note on the green tea make sure it's decaf otherwise you won't be sleeping much
  17. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.

There was a study back in the day by a guy that no one would know anyway, but he concluded that 3000mg minimum when you are sick of C will help boost the immune system. So yea, its water soluable, mega dose it. I dont know about 10g, but up it. haha.
  18. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

Unless vitamin C is effectively dosed prior to, or right at the onset of symptoms, the studies have been very inconclusive as to whether or not it elicits any significant beneficial effects after that point.

I personally believe through my own experiences that it does, but the studies say otherwise.

Legendary

19. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  178 lbs.

Airborne works great doesnt taste the best wheneva i got sick, i took that vitamin c and slept my ass off with lots of water was healthy within 3-5 days rest as much as possible unless your not that sick then go sweat it out
  20. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.

Thumbs up

THANKYOU ! EVERYONE ! FOR YOUR REPLIES !

well sunday i had enough of this head cold crap ! so i broke out my injectable 'B12' SHOT 3CC in my ass ! monday morning felt much better ! by monday evening i was feelin great ! tuesday morning woke 4.30 a.m. was at the gym by 5.00 a.am ! had an awesome workout.

thanks again for all the help!!
  21. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by firefighter2032 View Post
    Careful with mega dosing Vit C...it can cause diarhea. ...
    Yeah, plus it feels like your pissin' razor blades too! That's why I suggested a mineral ascorbate. You can mega dose sodium ascorbate and it won't do that. If you're broke like me you can make your own by adding baking soda to ascorbic acid powder, mix in water and slam it down. Cheap and effective.
  22. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    ... Orally ingested zinc hasn't proven effective in 'cold virus' attenuation, but the nasal and lozenge treatments have. This is because it demonstrates its beneficial effects when directly placed in the nasal mucosa where a typical rhinovirus germinates.
    I love the Sundown brand of Zinc lozenges (citrate/gluconate combo). Works better and tastes better than any other brand IMO. I have successfully aborted sore throats with 1 single lozenge before. Freakin' amazing.

Hey Trauma, have you ever read that paper by Diehl? He claimed that a combination of codeine and papaverine (Copavin) could act as a cold prophylaxis and treatment. He observed that administration at the first signs of a cold could abort the cold is a very significant number of cases. Never tried it myself, but you might have opportunity to test that in the appropriate hospital setting.
  23. Elite Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

All of these inputs are good, I always suggest vitaminC, zinc gluconate, elderberry extract, coconut oil(lauric acid and ect's), priobotic, purified omega 3's, and acai berry. Drink plenty of water, and take in electrolyte-base drinks(little by little).
    doing my own thang!
  24. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

bumpin this biatch.

I have been fighting a sinus cold since last wednesday.

Been doing the netipot (4 sessions), garlic cloves, vitamins, extra vitamin C, cycle suport, animal pak, water, all of it.

its getting better but not gone, uggghhhhhhhhh.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. HEAD COLD
    By abnxtwo in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-15-2010, 10:17 AM
  2. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-30-2009, 04:42 PM
  3. Leviathan Re-loaded and Recreate (HEAD-2-HEAD Review)
    By SuppKnight in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-08-2009, 03:04 PM
  4. What to do with bad cold
    By mmachris in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-27-2008, 01:04 PM