How much sleep do you average?

purebred

going to be getting into the training lifestyle and i've started modifying my sleep schedule. i normally go to sleep at around 11pm and sleep 8-9 hrs. sometimes i go to sleep early, around 10-10:30pm.

what time do you all go to sleep around & how many hours do you sleep on average?

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I usually get 7 or so. 6 at the very least.

Filthy McNast

Awards
I wish I could get more than I do. I go to bed at 11:00 and wake up at 7:00 most mornings and I also take a 30 minute nap every day after lunch in my office. I guess that means 8.5 hours on average. Still tired as hell all day long.

manny1010

Awards
  • Established
I usually go to bed about 9pm or 10pm the very latest and wake up at 4:15 am to go work out at 5am.

Fear

Fear

Awards
I usually get about eight to nine hours of sleep, but I have midterms coming up in two of my math classes so I'm averaging about five a night this week. I try to nap for an extra hour or two during the day, but I have a feeling I'm not going to be able to lift as much today.

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
i average about 6 - 7.

I go to bed at 9:30 and get up at 5:40 but it takes me about 40 mins to slowly drift into sleep mode... and after that i wake up in the middle of the night a couple times.

joelast

joelast

Awards
between 6-8

I try to go to bed at 10 but it usually turns into 11, get up at 6. No naps though just straight through the day. Since I started my cut I hit a wall at like 9 and can get no more work done... in fact I'm trying to combat that right now.

maurice02

maurice02

Awards
  • Established
in bed hopefully at 11 and up at 6:45.......wish it was more though. Sometimes I don't pass out till midnight.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
mon wed fri about 6 hours.. Tues and Thurs 8-10 cuz class starts later...
after only sleeping 6 hours go to class i hit the gym come home shower and pass out its the greatest feeling !

e5cmb

e5cmb

Awards
3 days a week I get between 5 1/2 to 7 hours of sleep and the other 4 days I get between 7 - 9....maybe 10 if I am lucky.

I'm getting ready to start a Havoc cycle and have heard that the first week is a killer on sleep.....so maybe the numbers above will change....lol. Hope not!

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
10:30-7 is when I'm in bed usually, takes about 20-30 mins to fall asleep depending on what I've taken to knock me out. I get up like 4 or 5 times /night and take a piss, eat some coconut oil/casein powder... I dunno, but it's not that restful. I wish I could sleep straight thru the night.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
In bed at 2300, up at 0430.
I am not tired, nor do I like sleeping longer.
All Panel numbers indicate that my levels of Test/Lipides/etc are in perfect range.
I also have a strict before bed ritual that I adhere to no matter what. It includes, but not limited to: BCAA/EAA cocktail, 3mg Melatonin (4 on - 2 off), 10 minutes of strecthing and breathing exercises, unlocking my M4 case and making sure it's ready to go... more, but it's personal. ;)

It's good that you are going to make an attempt at a healthier set-schedule; it will pay off if you stick to it. And remember, everyone is different, so 5.5 hours of sleep for me may not be what you need, and vice versa.

Good luck!

determination

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I get about 7-9 hours each night. I used to average 5 hours and was tired all of the time.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i sleep at really random times throughout the day, im a graveyard shift worker.

usually get about 4-6 hours of straight sleep and an hour nap somewhere during the day, very irregular sleep patterns for me.

fernalfers

Awards
yeah i work a 5 on 3 off schedule on 3rd shift so my sleep is messed up as well. On my days on i get 4-5 hours of sleep and on my days off i get around 6-8.

warholsmuse

warholsmuse

Awards
5 hours at the least, 12+ at the most, on average about 7 hours a night. I like to sleep.

Liquid13

Liquid13

Awards
  • Established
i sleep at really random times throughout the day, im a graveyard shift worker.

usually get about 4-6 hours of straight sleep and an hour nap somewhere during the day, very irregular sleep patterns for me.
My sleep is just like yours. except my nap runs about 2-4 hours everyday lol.

purebred

I also have a strict before bed ritual that I adhere to no matter what. It includes, but not limited to: BCAA/EAA cocktail, 3mg Melatonin (4 on - 2 off)
dang, talk about variation from person to person. if i took 3mg melatonin i'd never wake up lol. all i need is .50 so i tend to bite a piece of a 3mg tablet. what do you mean by 4 on - 2 off btw?

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
dang, talk about variation from person to person. if i took 3mg melatonin i'd never wake up lol. all i need is .50 so i tend to bite a piece of a 3mg tablet. what do you mean by 4 on - 2 off btw?
4 days ON (taking it), followed by 2 day OFF (completely Melatonin free). Helps with tolerance.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I work 3 -12 hours shifts weekly, so during those days i probably only get 5-6 hours max/night. On my off days, i try to get 7-8 in.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
4 days off a week and still getting your hours? that sounds good

buuzer0

buuzer0

Awards
  • Established
4 to 6 hours. Sometimes it can dip as low as 3, sometimes I get lucky and can squeeze out 7. It all depends on what night of the week it is and whether I'm out that night or not.

It's been this way for a good 4 years now, and it sucks that my body seems to have gotten used to getting about 5 hours of sleep. On weekends when I can sleep in, at times I'll find myself going to bed around 3-4am and getting up at 9 or 10. I have to force myself to stay in bed... and at times I'll just lay there unable to get back to sleep.

On mornings where I have to go to work (have to get up at 7 to be to work by 7:45) it feels like I could keep hitting the snooze button forever though.

I'm a mess... but I usually don't feel too tired throughout the day.... especially if I work out.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not enough, I'm in a constant state of fatigue, it kind of blows :yawn:

Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established
I usually go to sleep anywhere from 9:30-10:30, and wake up @ 4am to be in the gym for 4:30.

Typically I am not tired, but if I get a chance I try and take a nap after the gym in the morning

iRishous

Awards
bout 7-8 hours on weekdays, longer on weekends