Paying out the ass for Ezekials Cereal - AnabolicMinds.com

Paying out the ass for Ezekials Cereal

  1. New Member
    Rah22491's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    207
    Rep Power
    175

    Reputation

    Paying out the ass for Ezekials Cereal


    F***, Ezekials is 7.75 where i live for a lil a$$ box. Anybody kno where you can buy this in bulk or at least a lil cheaper. A couple of months ago i was 5 sumthin. Neither Sams or Walmart carries it where i live.

  2. Banned
    Omen's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,368
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    6lbs for $25-28 depending on flavor, [ame="http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Ezekiel+cereal&x=13&y =16"]Amazon.com: Ezekiel cereal[/ame]

    Eat eggs, bacon and steak for breakfast.
  3. Board Sponsor
    Aggravated's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,746
    Rep Power
    1500

    Reputation

    Anything remotely healthy is ****ing expensive. Whole foods where I live is out of the question unless it is just 1 or 2 things. Luckily I can pick up most of the stuff at Kroger or Meijer. If it's nuts, I hit up Big Lots.
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    AllMaxBrian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    232
    Rep Power
    185

    Reputation

    I think Amazon or maybe Super Target would be your best bets. You could also try to make something similar yourself - throw together some oats, nuts and raisins.
  5. New Member
    ShiftyCapone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    475
    Rep Power
    320

    Reputation

    I've got a privately owned health food store over by my house where they stock a ton of different bulk grains and whatnot. Keep an eye out around your area for something like that and you can just buy all the stuff and make your own...
  6. Senior Member
    SoCo4Fun's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,018
    Rep Power
    585

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyCapone View Post
    I've got a privately owned health food store over by my house where they stock a ton of different bulk grains and whatnot. Keep an eye out around your area for something like that and you can just buy all the stuff and make your own...
    This is a great idea...what grains do you guys suggest?
  7. New Member
    AllMaxBrian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    232
    Rep Power
    185

    Reputation

    I like oats and rice because of their versatility and ease of cooking, I hear quinoa is good but I've yet to try it.
  8. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Steveoph's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    12,523
    Rep Power
    41243

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by AllMaxBrian View Post
    I like oats and rice because of their versatility and ease of cooking, I hear quinoa is good but I've yet to try it.
    Quinoa has a great nutritional profile; tastes pretty decent too. I'm an steelcut oats /oatbran kind of guy though; I buy 25 lbs of the stuff
  9. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27063

    Reputation

    The Ezekiel cereals are approximately $4 at the Wegman's in Niagara Falls, NY. I find whole food prices [vegetables and so on] are higher in the Buffalo-area, though.
  10. New Member
    AllMaxBrian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    232
    Rep Power
    185

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    The Ezekiel cereals are approximately $4 at the Wegman's in Niagara Falls, NY. I find whole food prices [vegetables and so on] are higher in the Buffalo-area, though.
    Unfortunately, gas is also higher in the Buffalo area as well.
  11. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27063

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by AllMaxBrian View Post
    Unfortunately, gas is also higher in the Buffalo area as well.
    Are you on the Canadian side? I am in St.Kitts myself.
  12. New Member
    AllMaxBrian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    232
    Rep Power
    185

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    Are you on the Canadian side? I am in St.Kitts myself.
    No; when I'm not at school, I'm just outside the city of Buffalo. Mysteriously, Buffalo has higher gas prices than the rest of the state and most of the nation. I've been up your way a few times, so pretty!
  13. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27063

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by AllMaxBrian View Post
    No; when I'm not at school, I'm just outside the city of Buffalo. Mysteriously, Buffalo has higher gas prices than the rest of the state and most of the nation. I've been up your way a few times, so pretty!
    True. Once you enter the Cheektowaga area the cent/litre [dollar/gallon] levels do rise dramatically. In the immediate Niagara area prices are not too bad, and even at worst, are generally 10 cents/litre cheaper than in Canada.
  14. New Member
    AllMaxBrian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    232
    Rep Power
    185

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    True. Once you enter the Cheektowaga area the cent/litre [dollar/gallon] levels do rise dramatically. In the immediate Niagara area prices are not too bad, and even at worst, are generally 10 cents/litre cheaper than in Canada.
    Everything seems to be cheaper in Canada. Outlet shopping is like a profession with some people I know.
  15. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27063

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by AllMaxBrian View Post
    Everything seems to be cheaper in Canada. Outlet shopping is like a profession with some people I know.
    Do you mean things are generally cheaper as opposed to Canada? Our consumer-commodity prices are generally 20-40% higher than American markets, depending on the industry.

    Though, I believe you mean due to the exchange rate Americans save when shopping in Canada! Our dollar was at-par or above for quite an extended period of time, though.
  16. New Member
    AllMaxBrian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    232
    Rep Power
    185

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    Do you mean things are generally cheaper as opposed to Canada? Our consumer-commodity prices are generally 20-40% higher than American markets, depending on the industry.

    Though, I believe you mean due to the exchange rate Americans save when shopping in Canada! Our dollar was at-par or above for quite an extended period of time, though.
    I was referring to the exchange rate. It was so odd when your dollar was at an advantage, because I've been used to it being the other way around for so long.

    I haven't done much shopping up there, but food and other things seem to be on par. The GST and PST are killer though.
  17. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27063

    Reputation

    Prior-to-taxation certain primary-input good commodities are comparable due to the similar nature through which American and Canadian governments subsidize their agricultural industries. Due to Canada's comparatively small manufacturing and goods-processing industires, though, the prices on finished-commodities are, on average, 20-40% higher. Electronics, in particular, are considerably more expensive; as are cars and so forth!
  18. New Member
    AllMaxBrian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    232
    Rep Power
    185

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    Prior-to-taxation certain primary-input good commodities are comparable due to the similar nature through which American and Canadian governments subsidize their agricultural industries. Due to Canada's comparatively small manufacturing and goods-processing industires, though, the prices on finished-commodities are, on average, 20-40% higher. Electronics, in particular, are considerably more expensive; as are cars and so forth!
    Interesting...I had no idea. Do you do a lot of online shopping for electronics and such, or is the shipping not worth it?
  19. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27063

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by AllMaxBrian View Post
    Interesting...I had no idea. Do you do a lot of online shopping for electronics and such, or is the shipping not worth it?
    Well, Niagara Falls and Amherst N.Y., are approximately fifteen minutes [forty-five adjusted for border wait times] away from me. When online shopping, I merely use a U.S., PO Box Rental and transport the goods across the border myself; I grocery shop exclusively in the States, though!
  20. New Member
    AllMaxBrian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    232
    Rep Power
    185

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    Well, Niagara Falls and Amherst N.Y., are approximately fifteen minutes [forty-five adjusted for border wait times] away from me. When online shopping, I merely use a U.S., PO Box Rental and transport the goods across the border myself; I grocery shop exclusively in the States, though!
    That's pretty smart! Seems like you've got it all figured out
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Paying for RC's with CC
    By RJW719 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-01-2010, 11:37 AM
  2. cereal ftw
    By time lord in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-15-2009, 03:58 AM
  3. Cereal PWO?
    By Orangepeel in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-21-2008, 01:31 AM
  4. How to leave a car park without paying
    By bda55 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-19-2006, 08:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in