8 hour Bulking carb load!!

rrm

Awards
Im 16 and i cant stop eating the carbs!! And there good carbs as well(bagels,bread,oatmeal,pasta and some gatorade and mike a ikes) But im almost at my 800g carbs and its been 8 hours. What should i do??

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Don't worry about it. Eat more, we talked about this already. You're trying to gain weight on a CKD. Don't micro-manage your diet.

FYI, Gatorade and Mike n Ikes are HFCSs, fructose based carbs.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
get some pasta and potatoes down your neck!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Don't worry about it. Eat more, we talked about this already. You're trying to gain weight on a CKD. Don't micro-manage your diet.

FYI, Gatorade and Mike n Ikes are HFCSs, fructose based carbs.
I've considered trying a ckd bulk in the past but it worries me a little. too high on the protein and you'll be out of keto

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
I've considered trying a ckd bulk in the past but it worries me a little. too high on the protein and you'll be out of keto
I was telling him in his other thread (similar topic) that I couldn't bulk on a CKD. At 4000+ calories a day, protein kept getting around 250g which is probably too high for ketosis.

rrm

Awards
Thats why im like 5% protien as little fat as possible only from carb sources and the carb sorces are low fat

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Thats why im like 5% protien as little fat as possible only from carb sources and the carb sorces are low fat
Easys talking about the diet overall, those other 5.5 days, not the refeed. (I'm guessing)

rrm

Awards
Easys talking about the diet overall, those other 5.5 days, not the refeed. (I'm guessing)
so whats good to have now? after 10 hours of eating a mix of high gi and low gi sources and im bloated but i need them carbs cause im extremely heavy on the training in the next week and you know im trying to bulk. Im going out so i can get anything! just list some good choices plz.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, following any of the "serious" CKDs, you'd only take in from .6 to .8g/lb, maybe 1g/lb tops of protein. So for you to bulk on that and hit 4000 cals on a ckd means 3400 cals from fats, almost 400g worth. Not impossible, but idk how it would really feel. Part of it is other than olive oil or peanut oil i'm not sure how i'd get it in without adding more protein or carbs.

Someday i'd like to do a natty pb bulk, eat nothing but pb and milk for the whole bulk :D

Given that i'd imagine you are pretty slim at that height/weight, any particularly reason for the ckd bulk?

rrm

Awards
Yeah, following any of the "serious" CKDs, you'd only take in from .6 to .8g/lb, maybe 1g/lb tops of protein. So for you to bulk on that and hit 4000 cals on a ckd means 3400 cals from fats, almost 400g worth. Not impossible, but idk how it would really feel. Part of it is other than olive oil or peanut oil i'm not sure how i'd get it in without adding more protein or carbs.

Someday i'd like to do a natty pb bulk, eat nothing but pb and milk for the whole bulk :D

Given that i'd imagine you are pretty slim at that height/weight, any particularly reason for the ckd bulk?
just need muscle! im 5,10 150lbs but bone and loose skin...ridiculous lookin body so i was told that i need to get fat and get muscle and than cut the fat.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, then i'm lost as to why you'd need a refeed? a straightforward bulking diet would make more sense than a CKD. Or am I just confused and this isn't a CKD but you were carb loading for some other reason?

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Well, then i'm lost as to why you'd need a refeed? a straightforward bulking diet would make more sense than a CKD. Or am I just confused and this isn't a CKD but you were carb loading for some other reason?
From his original thread:

Im 5ft 10 150lbs and i want to get to at least 160lbs 165lbs on the anabolic diet by the end of february. I can gain some fat with that because im going to do a good cutting period after im done with the bulk.
I need more muscle though! Everyone tells me i dont have enough mass for my frame.
Im a mesomorph so i do gain fat a bit in the middle section.
Anyone have any good suggestions with calories and how my carb loads should go??
OH! i train for an hour and a half in the morning with not a lot of cardio and i play hockey every thursday and saturday.
I agree with Easy that there are MUCH easier ways to gain weight, and ensuring that most of that weight gain is muscle. Most of those ways involve carbs. Good carbs.

rrm

Awards
From his original thread:

I agree with Easy that there are MUCH easier ways to gain weight, and ensuring that most of that weight gain is muscle. Most of those ways involve carbs. Good carbs.
go on.....

rrm

Awards

lol you think only protien and milk would actally work?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
lol you think only protien and milk would actally work?
I use a specific peanut butter, that has added egg protein, flax + wheat germ. so it could.

Given that you are willing to add a little fat in the quest for gaining muscle, i'd say that the anabolic diet is something of a waste of your time. Really just a good diet, say 200g protein a day, shoot for around 50g of fat (more if they are mostly healthy fats), and make the rest of your calories in carbs would be the closest to eating like a normal person, and give you good gains. Something like the anabolic diet on a bulk is best for someone who has a hard time gaining any muscle without gaining more fat than muscle. Since it sounds like you are pretty early on in your quest, i'd start with something more standard, and easier to maintain.

rrm

Awards
I use a specific peanut butter, that has added egg protein, flax + wheat germ. so it could.

Given that you are willing to add a little fat in the quest for gaining muscle, i'd say that the anabolic diet is something of a waste of your time. Really just a good diet, say 200g protein a day, shoot for around 50g of fat (more if they are mostly healthy fats), and make the rest of your calories in carbs would be the closest to eating like a normal person, and give you good gains. Something like the anabolic diet on a bulk is best for someone who has a hard time gaining any muscle without gaining more fat than muscle. Since it sounds like you are pretty early on in your quest, i'd start with something more standard, and easier to maintain.
whats this peanut butter called?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
its Naturally More, available at Walmart. PowerPB is similar, they sell that at vitamin shoppe or other places online, but its made by the same company, and significantly more expensive. The only difference is the powerpb has a hair more protein iirc, and uses only honey as sweetener where the naturally more uses sugar + honey (but same carbs in both)

rrm

Awards
its Naturally More, available at Walmart. PowerPB is similar, they sell that at vitamin shoppe or other places online, but its made by the same company, and significantly more expensive. The only difference is the powerpb has a hair more protein iirc, and uses only honey as sweetener where the naturally more uses sugar + honey (but same carbs in both)
doesnt sound bad though! So....whats your diet like righbt now?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm on a hard cut, so i'm carbfree basically. Its a toss up all the time, I tend to hit between 150-200g of protein a day, and anything above that is from fats, with trace carbs. total calories varies day to day, i'm not totally anal about it, I know every day is below maintenance.

rrm

Awards
I'm on a hard cut, so i'm carbfree basically. Its a toss up all the time, I tend to hit between 150-200g of protein a day, and anything above that is from fats, with trace carbs. total calories varies day to day, i'm not totally anal about it, I know every day is below maintenance.
sound like what im going to do for my cut