Fast food? Secret weapon?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Fast food? Secret weapon?


    Ok so I have been gaining weight VERY slowly. I am a total ecto. My diet for the past few months has been flawless for the most part. Maybe 2 or 3 dirty meals over the past few months. Probably too perfect for my sanity.

    One of my buddies made the comment,"You eat too healthy to gain weight."
    At first I laughed but then I thought he might have a point.

    So today was a leg day and after my post workout shake I had a 1/2 pound double with cheese and a medium fry from wendy's. Then a glass of whole milk.

    I went online to see how many calories that is.

    1120 calories!! Not including the milk. It was very easy to get down and I ate another large meal 3 hours later.

    Sure it wasn't the healthiest meal but I would have to stretch the get down that many clean calories.

    I just might work in a couple meals like this a few times a week. Since my diet it great I don't think it'll be bad.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by planetfuzz View Post
    Ok so I have been gaining weight VERY slowly. I am a total ecto. My diet for the past few months has been flawless for the most part. Maybe 2 or 3 dirty meals over the past few months. Probably too perfect for my sanity.

    One of my buddies made the comment,"You eat too healthy to gain weight."
    At first I laughed but then I thought he might have a point.

    So today was a leg day and after my post workout shake I had a 1/2 pound double with cheese and a medium fry from wendy's. Then a glass of whole milk.

    I went online to see how many calories that is.

    1120 calories!! Not including the milk. It was very easy to get down and I ate another large meal 3 hours later.

    Sure it wasn't the healthiest meal but I would have to stretch the get down that many clean calories.

    I just might work in a couple meals like this a few times a week. Since my diet it great I don't think it'll be bad.

    dude, fast food is horrible. Slap your friend for even suggesting it. Those calories are empty, they dont really have alot of nutritional value, except for the fat.
    Although breaking your diet is not a bad thing, dont think you're gonna be gaining weight in a healthy way eating that stuff. Go to the bulk forum and read everyones diets, im pretty sure you wont find anyone subbing in a mac for a real home made burger. Id suggest making your own burgers, its the skinny mans problem tho, gaining weight and the fat guys problem to not be able to lose it. I wouldnt suggest eating fast food. Just a personal opinion of mine tho.

    FYI go to the bulking forum, they have great advice on gaining weight although im sure everyone crossposts.

    Good luck!
    •   
       


  3. That's the fun of dirty bulking Being a skinny ectomorph, do whatever you have to. Muscle Milk & McDonalds.

    Just make sure you train like a madman and the calories go to the right place.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by p00ndawg View Post
    dude, fast food is horrible. Slap your friend for even suggesting it. Those calories are empty, they dont really have alot of nutritional value, except for the fat.
    Although breaking your diet is not a bad thing, dont think you're gonna be gaining weight in a healthy way eating that stuff. Go to the bulk forum and read everyones diets, im pretty sure you wont find anyone subbing in a mac for a real home made burger. Id suggest making your own burgers, its the skinny mans problem tho, gaining weight and the fat guys problem to not be able to lose it. I wouldnt suggest eating fast food. Just a personal opinion of mine tho.

    FYI go to the bulking forum, they have great advice on gaining weight although im sure everyone crossposts.

    Good luck!
    Who's talking about health? We're bodybuilders remember? lol


    Off season lee priest



    On season lee priest

  5. Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRows View Post
    Who's talking about health? We're bodybuilders remember? lol


    Off season lee priest



    On season lee priest
    BAHAHHA thats awesome. But then again, all this guy does is train, its his life and job.

    Although being a former fat man I just cant bring myself to recommend fast food, to anyone. Its like a personal rule.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by p00ndawg View Post
    BAHAHHA thats awesome. But then again, all this guy does is train, its his life and job.

    Although being a former fat man I just cant bring myself to recommend fast food, to anyone. Its like a personal rule.
    Yup, so I must disgress; this should only be used if your a skinny guy who has trouble putting on weight.

    There's actually ways to do the McDiet correctly. No french fries, focus on the chicken products. Even McDonalds is putting their healthy foot forward, with salads and sandwhich wraps now.

    Not saying someone should go and start eating all McDonalds... just saying that if your looking to bulk up, there's no reason to avoid those places. Eat everything you can find!

  7. Quote Originally Posted by p00ndawg View Post
    dude, fast food is horrible. Slap your friend for even suggesting it. Those calories are empty, they dont really have alot of nutritional value, except for the fat.
    Although breaking your diet is not a bad thing, dont think you're gonna be gaining weight in a healthy way eating that stuff. Go to the bulk forum and read everyones diets, im pretty sure you wont find anyone subbing in a mac for a real home made burger. Id suggest making your own burgers, its the skinny mans problem tho, gaining weight and the fat guys problem to not be able to lose it. I wouldnt suggest eating fast food. Just a personal opinion of mine tho.

    FYI go to the bulking forum, they have great advice on gaining weight although im sure everyone crossposts.

    Good luck!
    I am not saying fast food is good. I am just saying if I am not gaining weight it's because I am not getting enough calories. I wont gain fat so if I am training hard the extra calories can't hurt.

    I can see the damage in someone eating that meal for lunch then going back to their cubicle but I am an active,ectomorphic 22 year old. A couple times a week could be a couple extra pounds.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRows View Post
    Yup, so I must disgress; this should only be used if your a skinny guy who has trouble putting on weight.

    There's actually ways to do the McDiet correctly. No french fries, focus on the chicken products. Even McDonalds is putting their healthy foot forward, with salads and sandwhich wraps now.

    Not saying someone should go and start eating all McDonalds... just saying that if your looking to bulk up, there's no reason to avoid those places. Eat everything you can find!

    interesting....

  9. Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRows View Post
    Yup, so I must disgress; this should only be used if your a skinny guy who has trouble putting on weight.

    There's actually ways to do the McDiet correctly. No french fries, focus on the chicken products. Even McDonalds is putting their healthy foot forward, with salads and sandwhich wraps now.

    Not saying someone should go and start eating all McDonalds... just saying that if your looking to bulk up, there's no reason to avoid those places. Eat everything you can find!
    I was trying to think if there was anything bad in my meal...

    There were probably trans fats in the fries....now that is something I want to avoid.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by planetfuzz View Post
    I was trying to think if there was anything bad in my meal...

    There were probably trans fats in the fries....now that is something I want to avoid.

    oh yea, but i think trans fats are in the meats too. not to sure about this one, id verify.
    I havent eaten fast food from a burger place in 2 years, so im a little out of the loop, although every once in awhile id indulge in some popeyes!!!!!!!!!!!!
    •   
       


  11. Quote Originally Posted by p00ndawg View Post
    oh yea, but i think trans fats are in the meats too. not to sure about this one, id verify.
    I havent eaten fast food from a burger place in 2 years, so im a little out of the loop, although every once in awhile id indulge in some popeyes!!!!!!!!!!!!
    One restaurant that blew me away was I looked at the nutrition facts for hooters....the sauce is margarine and partially hydrogenated crap.

  12. I bulked from 05-07 on Taco Bell, KFC, local restaurants and my girls home cooking. put on 30lbs over those 2 years, quality weight too. Just eat a ton, doesn't matter what it is, as long as it's not chocolate cake you know. Make sure to get your protein in every meal

  13. Quote Originally Posted by planetfuzz View Post
    One restaurant that blew me away was I looked at the nutrition facts for hooters....the sauce is margarine and partially hydrogenated crap.
    dang...I almost went there 3 weeks ago the other day to watch the UFC fight, luckily they werent showing it.

  14. wrong post.

  15. nail a chinese buffet a week

    Maybe try out P-Slin or NeoVar Recomped? NeoVar Recomped helped with my appitite a great deal. Love the stuff!

    Fast food does seem like the easy way, cheat meals are great every so often, I try to have a cheat day every week I'll be having a cheeky chocolate eclair tonight!
    “We are what we repeatedly do. Therefore, excellence is not an act, but a habit.”

  16. I don't see a big problem with getting some fast food post workout now and then. Regardless as to whether they are so called empty cals or not. If you are getting all of your nutrients through out the day then it's fine. Sometimes a person literally needs to just simply seek out cals. Look at Micheal Phelps' diet. So many cals and a lot of crap, but they were high in cals which his body needed and somewhere in all that pizza and so forth he was getting the nutrients he needed. There are different methods we can use to achieve this.

    Fast food suggestion:
    Arby's
    2 Ham and Swiss Melts
    Total: 536 cals, 34g Pro, 70g Carbs, 10g fat

    That's a fairly good amount of protein, the right amount of fast digesting carbs, and a measly 10g of fat. Not to shabby for fast food.

    Bonus...it tastes good as hell.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222

  17. Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRows View Post
    I bulked from 05-07 on Taco Bell, KFC, local restaurants and my girls home cooking. put on 30lbs over those 2 years, quality weight too. Just eat a ton, doesn't matter what it is, as long as it's not chocolate cake you know. Make sure to get your protein in every meal
    Now Taco Bell...that is intense. Yeah...I like that moto. Just eat a ton.

    I stomach kind of feels like I ate a gut bomb. Which I did. Any good suggestions of a good fast food place without trans fats or LOTS of sodium. I would think those two things would be the main problems anywhere.

  18. there's some fast food that is OK. unbreaded chicken sandwich, and the occasional cheeseburger is OK.

    the problems with fast food is :
    1 - sodium content is really high
    2 - almost every fast food joint does not use canola oil, peanut oil or olive oil for their fries, which equals a high trans-fat content. i think those are the only 3 oils that don't have trans fat in them.

    if you're OK with the sodium (bloat and lethargy), and are getting lots of potassium in, feel free to go crazy with anything not fried. breaded = fried.

  19. In n Out, but I don't know if your in Cali. Prolly easiest to look at the different chains online and check out their nutritional fact page
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222

  20. Quote Originally Posted by CopyCat View Post
    In n Out, but I don't know if your in Cali. Prolly easiest to look at the different chains online and check out their nutritional fact page
    oh yes! in-n-out burgers are the best. 3 double doubles makes me happy

    i'll be damned if i eat fries though.

    i only eat fast food when on cycle though, and my test levels are shot anyways

  21. Double double animal style and you can get it protein style (wrapped in lettuce instead of a bun)

    This thread is evil 'cause I'm about to go out to eat and haven't decided where yet. Worse yet is I'm in an unfamiliar city.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222

  22. Quote Originally Posted by CopyCat View Post
    Double double animal style and you can get it protein style (wrapped in lettuce instead of a bun)

    This thread is evil 'cause I'm about to go out to eat and haven't decided where yet. Worse yet is I'm in an unfamiliar city.
    we have an organic brewery upvalley - everything except the mustard is organic - yes, even the ketchup i've eaten so many burgers there i can't count. oh, and they only fry in canola oil superbowl sunday, guess where i'll be

  23. Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich, if you have to...


  24. once upon a time the night before every leg training session i used to BINGE on mcdonalds...supersized double quarter pounder meal 10 piece nuggets meal 2 apple pies and a milkshake or mcflurrys. i was 20lbs lighter then and was training 50+ lbs heavier! awsome for refueling and great boost as i started my training week with legs.

    if your diet is on lock as you say and being an ectomorph i'd do something like that once a week...just don't have a stroke..

  25. i like the steak pita snack from jack in the box... alot of the grilled chicken sandwiches are good too... i lived right next to mcdonalds last year and being a poor college student i would grab 2 grilled ranch chicken snack wraps everyday...its just grilled chicken, lettuce, ranch dressing, cheese and a small wrap

  26. by the way is that seriously lee priest off season?/

  27. Quote Originally Posted by bigzach1234 View Post
    by the way is that seriously lee priest off season?/
    yes!

  28. dude u wanna gain weight? 2 words, cyto gainer... drink 3 shakes a day, i guarantee u put on weight

  29. I don't go for the weight gainer shakes, mostly. Although muscle milk is a good one. 2 scoops of muscle milk in whole milk blended with ice cream and bananas.

  30. Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRows View Post
    I don't go for the weight gainer shakes, mostly. Although muscle milk is a good one. 2 scoops of muscle milk in whole milk blended with ice cream and bananas.
    WOW. That is almost more intense than a McDonalds meal. ha
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-16-2009, 05:05 PM
  2. Fast Food
    By Sammo Ammo in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-16-2009, 10:03 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-09-2006, 03:37 PM
Log in
Log in