Fast food? Secret weapon?

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
Ok so I have been gaining weight VERY slowly. I am a total ecto. My diet for the past few months has been flawless for the most part. Maybe 2 or 3 dirty meals over the past few months. Probably too perfect for my sanity.

One of my buddies made the comment,"You eat too healthy to gain weight."
At first I laughed but then I thought he might have a point.

So today was a leg day and after my post workout shake I had a 1/2 pound double with cheese and a medium fry from wendy's. Then a glass of whole milk.

I went online to see how many calories that is.

1120 calories!! Not including the milk. It was very easy to get down and I ate another large meal 3 hours later.

Sure it wasn't the healthiest meal but I would have to stretch the get down that many clean calories.

I just might work in a couple meals like this a few times a week. Since my diet it great I don't think it'll be bad.

p00ndawg

p00ndawg

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ok so I have been gaining weight VERY slowly. I am a total ecto. My diet for the past few months has been flawless for the most part. Maybe 2 or 3 dirty meals over the past few months. Probably too perfect for my sanity.

One of my buddies made the comment,"You eat too healthy to gain weight."
At first I laughed but then I thought he might have a point.

So today was a leg day and after my post workout shake I had a 1/2 pound double with cheese and a medium fry from wendy's. Then a glass of whole milk.

I went online to see how many calories that is.

1120 calories!! Not including the milk. It was very easy to get down and I ate another large meal 3 hours later.

Sure it wasn't the healthiest meal but I would have to stretch the get down that many clean calories.

I just might work in a couple meals like this a few times a week. Since my diet it great I don't think it'll be bad.

dude, fast food is horrible. Slap your friend for even suggesting it. Those calories are empty, they dont really have alot of nutritional value, except for the fat.
Although breaking your diet is not a bad thing, dont think you're gonna be gaining weight in a healthy way eating that stuff. Go to the bulk forum and read everyones diets, im pretty sure you wont find anyone subbing in a mac for a real home made burger. Id suggest making your own burgers, its the skinny mans problem tho, gaining weight and the fat guys problem to not be able to lose it. I wouldnt suggest eating fast food. Just a personal opinion of mine tho.

FYI go to the bulking forum, they have great advice on gaining weight although im sure everyone crossposts. :D

Good luck!

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
That's the fun of dirty bulking :D Being a skinny ectomorph, do whatever you have to. Muscle Milk & McDonalds.

Just make sure you train like a madman and the calories go to the right place.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
dude, fast food is horrible. Slap your friend for even suggesting it. Those calories are empty, they dont really have alot of nutritional value, except for the fat.
Although breaking your diet is not a bad thing, dont think you're gonna be gaining weight in a healthy way eating that stuff. Go to the bulk forum and read everyones diets, im pretty sure you wont find anyone subbing in a mac for a real home made burger. Id suggest making your own burgers, its the skinny mans problem tho, gaining weight and the fat guys problem to not be able to lose it. I wouldnt suggest eating fast food. Just a personal opinion of mine tho.

FYI go to the bulking forum, they have great advice on gaining weight although im sure everyone crossposts. :D

Good luck!
Who's talking about health? :D We're bodybuilders remember? lol

Off season lee priest

On season lee priest

p00ndawg

p00ndawg

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Who's talking about health? :D We're bodybuilders remember? lol

Off season lee priest

On season lee priest
BAHAHHA thats awesome. But then again, all this guy does is train, its his life and job.

Although being a former fat man I just cant bring myself to recommend fast food, to anyone. Its like a personal rule.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
BAHAHHA thats awesome. But then again, all this guy does is train, its his life and job.

Although being a former fat man I just cant bring myself to recommend fast food, to anyone. Its like a personal rule.
Yup, so I must disgress; this should only be used if your a skinny guy who has trouble putting on weight.

There's actually ways to do the McDiet correctly. No french fries, focus on the chicken products. Even McDonalds is putting their healthy foot forward, with salads and sandwhich wraps now.

Not saying someone should go and start eating all McDonalds... just saying that if your looking to bulk up, there's no reason to avoid those places. Eat everything you can find!

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established

Good luck!
I am not saying fast food is good. I am just saying if I am not gaining weight it's because I am not getting enough calories. I wont gain fat so if I am training hard the extra calories can't hurt.

I can see the damage in someone eating that meal for lunch then going back to their cubicle but I am an active,ectomorphic 22 year old. A couple times a week could be a couple extra pounds.

p00ndawg

p00ndawg

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yup, so I must disgress; this should only be used if your a skinny guy who has trouble putting on weight.

There's actually ways to do the McDiet correctly. No french fries, focus on the chicken products. Even McDonalds is putting their healthy foot forward, with salads and sandwhich wraps now.

Not saying someone should go and start eating all McDonalds... just saying that if your looking to bulk up, there's no reason to avoid those places. Eat everything you can find!

interesting....

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established

I was trying to think if there was anything bad in my meal...

There were probably trans fats in the fries....now that is something I want to avoid.

p00ndawg

p00ndawg

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I was trying to think if there was anything bad in my meal...

There were probably trans fats in the fries....now that is something I want to avoid.

oh yea, but i think trans fats are in the meats too. not to sure about this one, id verify.
I havent eaten fast food from a burger place in 2 years, so im a little out of the loop, although every once in awhile id indulge in some popeyes!!!!!!!!!!!!

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
oh yea, but i think trans fats are in the meats too. not to sure about this one, id verify.
I havent eaten fast food from a burger place in 2 years, so im a little out of the loop, although every once in awhile id indulge in some popeyes!!!!!!!!!!!!
One restaurant that blew me away was I looked at the nutrition facts for hooters....the sauce is margarine and partially hydrogenated crap.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I bulked from 05-07 on Taco Bell, KFC, local restaurants and my girls home cooking. put on 30lbs over those 2 years, quality weight too. Just eat a ton, doesn't matter what it is, as long as it's not chocolate cake you know. Make sure to get your protein in every meal

p00ndawg

p00ndawg

Banned
Awards
  • Established
One restaurant that blew me away was I looked at the nutrition facts for hooters....the sauce is margarine and partially hydrogenated crap.
dang...I almost went there 3 weeks ago the other day to watch the UFC fight, luckily they werent showing it.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
nail a chinese buffet a week :D

Maybe try out P-Slin or NeoVar Recomped? NeoVar Recomped helped with my appitite a great deal. Love the stuff!

Fast food does seem like the easy way, cheat meals are great every so often, I try to have a cheat day every week :D I'll be having a cheeky chocolate eclair tonight!

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't see a big problem with getting some fast food post workout now and then. Regardless as to whether they are so called empty cals or not. If you are getting all of your nutrients through out the day then it's fine. Sometimes a person literally needs to just simply seek out cals. Look at Micheal Phelps' diet. So many cals and a lot of crap, but they were high in cals which his body needed and somewhere in all that pizza and so forth he was getting the nutrients he needed. There are different methods we can use to achieve this.

Fast food suggestion:
Arby's
2 Ham and Swiss Melts
Total: 536 cals, 34g Pro, 70g Carbs, 10g fat

That's a fairly good amount of protein, the right amount of fast digesting carbs, and a measly 10g of fat. Not to shabby for fast food.

Bonus...it tastes good as hell.

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
I bulked from 05-07 on Taco Bell, KFC, local restaurants and my girls home cooking. put on 30lbs over those 2 years, quality weight too. Just eat a ton, doesn't matter what it is, as long as it's not chocolate cake you know. Make sure to get your protein in every meal
Now Taco Bell...that is intense. Yeah...I like that moto. Just eat a ton.

I stomach kind of feels like I ate a gut bomb. Which I did. Any good suggestions of a good fast food place without trans fats or LOTS of sodium. I would think those two things would be the main problems anywhere.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
there's some fast food that is OK. unbreaded chicken sandwich, and the occasional cheeseburger is OK.

the problems with fast food is :
1 - sodium content is really high
2 - almost every fast food joint does not use canola oil, peanut oil or olive oil for their fries, which equals a high trans-fat content. i think those are the only 3 oils that don't have trans fat in them.

if you're OK with the sodium (bloat and lethargy), and are getting lots of potassium in, feel free to go crazy with anything not fried. breaded = fried.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In n Out, but I don't know if your in Cali. Prolly easiest to look at the different chains online and check out their nutritional fact page

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
In n Out, but I don't know if your in Cali. Prolly easiest to look at the different chains online and check out their nutritional fact page
oh yes! in-n-out burgers are the best. 3 double doubles makes me happy :)

i'll be damned if i eat fries though.

i only eat fast food when on cycle though, and my test levels are shot anyways :)

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Double double animal style and you can get it protein style (wrapped in lettuce instead of a bun)

This thread is evil 'cause I'm about to go out to eat and haven't decided where yet. Worse yet is I'm in an unfamiliar city.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
Double double animal style and you can get it protein style (wrapped in lettuce instead of a bun)

This thread is evil 'cause I'm about to go out to eat and haven't decided where yet. Worse yet is I'm in an unfamiliar city.
we have an organic brewery upvalley - everything except the mustard is organic - yes, even the ketchup :) i've eaten so many burgers there i can't count. oh, and they only fry in canola oil :) superbowl sunday, guess where i'll be :)

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich, if you have to...

raginfcktard

raginfcktard

Awards
  • Established
once upon a time the night before every leg training session i used to BINGE on mcdonalds...supersized double quarter pounder meal 10 piece nuggets meal 2 apple pies and a milkshake or mcflurrys. i was 20lbs lighter then and was training 50+ lbs heavier! awsome for refueling and great boost as i started my training week with legs.

if your diet is on lock as you say and being an ectomorph i'd do something like that once a week...just don't have a stroke..:lol:

bigzach1234

bigzach1234

Awards
  • Established
i like the steak pita snack from jack in the box... alot of the grilled chicken sandwiches are good too... i lived right next to mcdonalds last year and being a poor college student i would grab 2 grilled ranch chicken snack wraps everyday...its just grilled chicken, lettuce, ranch dressing, cheese and a small wrap

bigzach1234

bigzach1234

Awards
  • Established
by the way is that seriously lee priest off season?/

Gstyle24

Awards
  • Established
dude u wanna gain weight? 2 words, cyto gainer... drink 3 shakes a day, i guarantee u put on weight

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I don't go for the weight gainer shakes, mostly. Although muscle milk is a good one. 2 scoops of muscle milk in whole milk blended with ice cream and bananas. :D

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
I don't go for the weight gainer shakes, mostly. Although muscle milk is a good one. 2 scoops of muscle milk in whole milk blended with ice cream and bananas. :D
WOW. That is almost more intense than a McDonalds meal. ha

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
5'4" I didn't realize that!

bubbachew

Awards
  • Established
dude u wanna gain weight? 2 words, cyto gainer... drink 3 shakes a day, i guarantee u put on weight

Bump for the Cytogainer. The only other whey protein I use is Isopure. Both are very easy on the stomach, unlike Wendy's fried food full of Trans Fatty acids.

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
Height 5'4"
(In Season): 200-225 lbs.
(Off-Season):270-285 lbs.

I am sure he got close to 300lbs one year. AT 5'4"!!!
Holy crap...I wonder what his off season diet really looks like.

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
Keep in mind the amount of drugs it will take to diet down that much...

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/bulking/115442-easiest-calories.html

I have always avoided french fries because they have little protein and much trans fat, but McDonald's fries are now trans fat free according to their website. The burgers only have 1-2g each.

I'm all for dirty bulking, you just have to know when to stop. As long as you're getting enough protein and don't go too far above maintenance, you're good to go. That's why some people do much better by eating clean, there's no real secret ingredient, it just helps them not go too far above maintenance.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Bump for the Cytogainer. The only other whey protein I use is Isopure. Both are very easy on the stomach, unlike Wendy's fried food full of Trans Fatty acids.
Wendy's (fried) Spicy Chicken Sammich does not contain trans fat. If it does, it is less than 0.5g. And that is still less than pizza rolls...

CredibleHulk

Banned
Awards
Fast food is all empty calories for the most part. I guess, if you feel like cheating on your diet once in a while, then I don't see why you couldn't get away with it. Look into homemade weight gainers.

jimmbow

jimmbow

Awards
is there any material on lee priest's trianing routine coming off of the off season?

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
while this makes sense and easier to get 5000 calories from mickey d's than 5000 calories ask yourself what is best for my body to build the most muscle

I used to do this not anynores though my body works much better eating healthy overall. that doesnt mean I wont eat something I crave in this gaining mass diet.

chicken, fish,eggs, lean beef as a protein source......brown rice or rice(brown is better, rice can work) red, sweet or even white(yes red and sweet are better) pasta and wheat pasta(of course wheat is better you get the point)
fats olive oil, flax, fish, natural pb, nuts,almond butter-f you have the $ and a whole host of veggies and even fruit these are optimal for your body looking its best and the nutrients and vitamins you get from all these "bodybuilding health foods"

This is strictly gaining mass dieting and not pre-contest dieting

Troymm

Awards
fast food is only bad because from a holistic point of view its crappy chemical processed food.

Home cooked foods have antioxidants and all that good stuff blah blah blah.

plus the only reason fast food is calorie dense is because its loaded with fats. If you want to have calorie dense food at home just drizzle everything in olive oil and eat meats with fat..

spyoptic

Awards
one shotglass of Olive Oil is 600 cals - all healthy fats in a shake or just take it by itself. forget the fast food.

fieldt76

Awards
being an ecto, i think it's safe to say that you can afford more dirty/cheat meals than others can. I think the only downside would be is that it could create bad habits...