how much money do you spend...

Gstyle24

Awards
  • Established
how much money do u spend on food a week? or month, whatever u keep track of?

i'm asking this cause at the rate i'm going, i'm spending about 100 bucks a week just on food and water alone.. and i only eat like 4 or 5 times a day, this isn't even counting eating out, this is just from what i spend at the grocery store, and i don't overspend i usually get good sales and stuff... so i'm wandering what the usual rate is for everybody, cause dam i can't afford to keep doing this, thats 400 bucks a month on just food... not even counting protein shakes

Sinon

Sinon

Awards
Hmm. 75ish or less.

Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.7; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
When you eat right, it can absolutely run that high. It's always a little unsettling how the most natural of food choices tend to be the most expensive. Supply and demand... it can hurt. I hover around the same price, but food is basically my number one priority when it comes to spending money (next to paying for a gym membership).

There are ways to conserve funds through bulk supply, and its worth it to at least crunch the numbers to see how you will fare. BJ's, Costco, and similiar bulk food stores can set you up with larger value deals that can put some money back in your pocket. It takes planning and strategizing, but its worth it.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I spend about 100-125 per week, not counting shake consumption.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Why on earth would you pay for water? Other than the water bill?

Gstyle24

Awards
  • Established
first of all, because here in houston texas, the tap water is nasty, and the water i buy isn't even that much to the bill, its like 20 bucks more a month for good water, and i drink a shitload of it

WarcraftJJS

WarcraftJJS

Awards
  • Established
Just on myself about $75 to $100. And lets not even talk about for Supps.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
first of all, because here in houston texas, the tap water is nasty, and the water i buy isn't even that much to the bill, its like 20 bucks more a month for good water, and i drink a shitload of it
I guess.

I spend about 75 on myself weekly. It was more, but I am done with the bulk now. Back down to maintenance calories.

Maverick60

Awards
  • Established
Have you tried the pitchers with filters? Pur and Brita make them, and they also make filters that attach to the faucet of your sink. I only spend about $8 on a filter every2 or 3 months. I love mine.

I normally spend about $400-425 a month, but that includes what my little one eats when shes with me too. I moved a few months ago and had to shop around because the stores around here were a lot more expensive than the one I used to shop at. I tried like 4 stores before I found one with good prices and a good selection of what I liked.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Have you tried the pitchers with filters? Pur and Brita make them, and they also make filters that attach to the faucet of your sink. I only spend about $8 on a filter every2 or 3 months. I love mine.

I normally spend about $400-425 a month, but that includes what my little one eats when shes with me too. I moved a few months ago and had to shop around because the stores around here were a lot more expensive than the one I used to shop at. I tried like 4 stores before I found one with good prices and a good selection of what I liked.
A good store makes all the difference. I actually have to shop at three different stores to get everything I need. The ****ing grocery is an adventure on the weekends.

MasterFlexx

MasterFlexx

Awards
Every Sunday I go out and hit up a local grocery store and costco to restock up on the things I need for the following week. I usually hit about $70-80 per week.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
about $100 every 2 weeks.. Paleo diet rocks.

Gstyle24

Awards
  • Established

that might be a good investment cause my roomates drink a lot of water too... but man i can't believe how much food costs a month, i mean with a 300 dollar car payment, 450 for rent, all other bills, pretty much leaves me with no extra to go out and drink and have fun

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
that might be a good investment cause my roomates drink a lot of water too... but man i can't believe how much food costs a month, i mean with a 300 dollar car payment, 450 for rent, all other bills, pretty much leaves me with no extra to go out and drink and have fun
Going out, drinking, and having fun? Sounds like a way to lose some gains yo!

manny1010

Awards
  • Established
Walmart baby. Thats about the only place I shop.

Maverick60

Awards
  • Established
Going out, drinking, and having fun? Sounds like a way to lose some gains yo!
Thats a personal choice that some may be willing to put up with. Thats still cool. Being ocd about gaining the absolute most muscle in the absolute shortest time shouldnt be a requirement to workout. Still gotta live life sometimes...

lowboy

lowboy

Awards
I am right around $75 a week and that is shopping in bulk at the local BJ's wholesale club.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Thats a personal choice that some may be willing to put up with. Thats still cool. Being ocd about gaining the absolute most muscle in the absolute shortest time shouldnt be a requirement to workout. Still gotta live life sometimes...
I know, I was just messing around :)

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
My clan of 4 takes 150-200/week at Walmart and Sams Club. Thats with protein included. No meat purchased anywhere but sams. This is also without other supps, etc. Two kids can really put that extra money on a grocery bill.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
My clan of 4 takes 150-200/week at Walmart and Sams Club. Thats with protein included. No meat purchased anywhere but sams. This is also without other supps, etc. Two kids can really put that extra money on a grocery bill.
I bet. Sometimes my GF and I spend upwards of $130. We both eat clean and healthy though, so that costs money of course.

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
I bet. Sometimes my GF and I spend upwards of $130. We both eat clean and healthy though, so that costs money of course.
The healthy stuff definitely piles on the dough! I try to stay out of the health food store except when I pick up my Ezek bread. I have a hard time not picking up stevia, and more stuff.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
The healthy stuff definitely piles on the dough! I try to stay out of the health food store except when I pick up my Ezek bread. I have a hard time not picking up stevia, and more stuff.
I hear ya! I spent $9 on a jar of almond butter the other day!!! WTF!!! And, if you guys didn't know... Big Lots has huge cans of whole natty almonds for $3. If you have a Big Lots near you! That reminds me, I should just buy those and make my own almond butter!

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
I hear ya! I spent $9 on a jar of almond butter the other day!!! WTF!!! And, if you guys didn't know... Big Lots has huge cans of whole natty almonds for $3. If you have a Big Lots near you! That reminds me, I should just buy those and make my own almond butter!
Thanks. I got one 4 miles from home. going today my friend!

Esox Express

Esox Express

Awards
  • Established
100 bucks a week??!?!? yall can eat.

I just went shopping the other day and spent like 40 dollars for the week.

It was something like 3pounds of ground beef, 3 pounds of chicken breasts, 3 dozen eggs, a few packets of tuna, some frozen fish, a few other things I'm forgetting....... (CKD)

I'm also in college so I'm looking to cut every last frickin penny.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
100 bucks a week??!?!? yall can eat.

I just went shopping the other day and spent like 40 dollars for the week.

It was something like 3pounds of ground beef, 3 pounds of chicken breasts, 3 dozen eggs, a few packets of tuna, some frozen fish, a few other things I'm forgetting....... (CKD)

I'm also in college so I'm looking to cut every last frickin penny.
Too bad you're on a CKD or you could do my trick. Buy 25lb bags of Steelcut Oats and Oatbran :D I have something like 40lbs of Protein Powder lying around here as well... A flavour for every mood ;)

danielwfoster

Awards
I spend about $75 a week, and I have Brita pitchers in my fridge, with 4 gallons of COLD tap water on hand to put in them. :)