on a diet, simple carb question...

p00ndawg

p00ndawg

Banned
Awards
  • Established
im limiting myself to < 30 grams of carbs per day. Is this an ok amount?
im trying to lose alot of body fat, im not sure if you can look at my progress tracker but I have a picture of myself just for an FYI.

thanks!

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
Could be tough the first few days but should be fine then on out once your body switches to ketosis. I'm at about 10-12 carbs a day and I feel good. Look in to the cyclical ketogenic diets or CKD.

p00ndawg

p00ndawg

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Could be tough the first few days but should be fine then on out once your body switches to ketosis. I'm at about 10-12 carbs a day and I feel good. Look in to the cyclical ketogenic diets or CKD.
im sorry you used alot of big words for me and im quite the noobie.
would you mind pointing me in the right direction? lots of information for me to digest.
Thank you!

or at the very least can you critique my past two days worth of meals?

Day 1
========

1 soy dog

2 pieces of bread
2 slices of salsalito turkey
2 slices of turkey pastrami

Workout- light supplemental lifts. 1 set of lunges, 3 sets of deadlifts 3 x 10 @ 225lbs, 2 reps at 315
20 min of low impact walking. 10.4 incline, 3.3 speed. 20~min.

1 soy dog
1 celery stick with 1/2 tbsp of peanut butter
handful of salted soy nuts and almonds

1 chicken breast with vegetables from stuffing the whole chicken.

Ceasar salad with fresh and organic veggies. Normal dressing.

Sleep

========

========

Day 2

3 egg whites~ and soyrizo
1 1/2 cup of coffee 1 serving of fat free cream.

1 home made beef jerky steak

handful of salted soy beans and almonds
forkfull of natural peanut butter

2 pieces of bread
2 slices of salsalito turkey
2 slices of turkey pastrami

workout- interval training 2.6m iles @ 3.5,7.0,8.3 @ 22 min~
Leg workout

1/2 steak of homemade beef jerky

oven baked fish

Salad

sleep

========

My supplements have not arrived, which is why there arent any in my diet yet.

Thanks!

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
If you're going to go the carb free/low carb route, you need to eat more meats and eggs. Don't worry about the low fat stuff. Go for the full fat versions and don't pick the soy alternatives. People still debate whether soy is bad for men or not, so i just err on the side of caution and stay away from it.

p00ndawg

p00ndawg

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If you're going to go the carb free/low carb route, you need to eat more meats and eggs. Don't worry about the low fat stuff. Go for the full fat versions and don't pick the soy alternatives. People still debate whether soy is bad for men or not, so i just err on the side of caution and stay away from it.

yea im gonna be avoiding soy stuff, it makes my tummy hurt, i just have some left over cuz I was trying it out mainly since it has soo much protein.

Im gonna start going meat then, drop the soy.

I weigh 192 right now, im trying to get to 165~. About how much more meat should I be eating, and how many more eggs?

boo99

boo99

Awards
yea im gonna be avoiding soy stuff, it makes my tummy hurt, i just have some left over cuz I was trying it out mainly since it has soo much protein.

Im gonna start going meat then, drop the soy.

I weigh 192 right now, im trying to get to 165~. About how much more meat should I be eating, and how many more eggs?
why dont u look into some Atkins books/meals online---

he was the king of low carb