Calorie tapering?

  1. Calorie tapering?


    I remember reading somewhere about calorie tapering where you having a higher % of calories in the beginning of the day and then a lower amount as the day progresses. Is this recommended? What are your guys opinions on this?


  2. What I've heard a lot, and something I do fairly consistently is carb / protein ratio change throughout the day.

    Start with a heavy carb / protein ratio and then as the day goes on I change it until night time I only have proteins going on.

    And along with that I just distribute my fats throughout the day.

  3. Quote Originally Posted by bla55 View Post
    What I've heard a lot, and something I do fairly consistently is carb / protein ratio change throughout the day.

    Start with a heavy carb / protein ratio and then as the day goes on I change it until night time I only have proteins going on.

    And along with that I just distribute my fats throughout the day.
    Pretty much the same thing I am doing. Works well.
    •   
       


  4. Depends on when you train, IMO.

    I wouldn't necessarily taper off carbs if you normally train at night.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by rpen22 View Post
    Depends on when you train, IMO.

    I wouldn't necessarily taper off carbs if you normally train at night.
    I train at night, and I can attest first hand that the amount of carbs I eat post workout has an immediate effect on the amount of fat I gain. Even though I should theoretically more resistant to insulin at this time.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by Aggravated View Post
    I train at night, and I can attest first hand that the amount of carbs I eat post workout has an immediate effect on the amount of fat I gain. Even though I should theoretically more resistant to insulin at this time.

    could you elaborate on that? I wasn't aware of insulin sensitivity changing later on in the day.

    Also, you feel you get fatter with PWO carbs if the workout session is at night? I also workout at night and have been trying to determine the perfect amount of carbs to consume after workout, since I will be sleeping within 2.5 hours after the workout.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Tapering Off
    By scifiguy in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-15-2011, 06:43 PM
  2. Tapering Off
    By blueandwhite in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-15-2010, 06:01 PM
  3. Tapering Yes or no?
    By hjunior58 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 09-08-2008, 06:55 PM
  4. tapering up 6-0x0
    By buster12 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-04-2008, 05:46 PM
  5. dr.D !RXT tapering down necessary? Dr.D??
    By ColtOG in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-31-2006, 05:10 PM
Log in
Log in