Calorie tapering?

BackToRoutine

Awards
I remember reading somewhere about calorie tapering where you having a higher % of calories in the beginning of the day and then a lower amount as the day progresses. Is this recommended? What are your guys opinions on this?

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
What I've heard a lot, and something I do fairly consistently is carb / protein ratio change throughout the day.

Start with a heavy carb / protein ratio and then as the day goes on I change it until night time I only have proteins going on.

And along with that I just distribute my fats throughout the day.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
What I've heard a lot, and something I do fairly consistently is carb / protein ratio change throughout the day.

Start with a heavy carb / protein ratio and then as the day goes on I change it until night time I only have proteins going on.

And along with that I just distribute my fats throughout the day.
Pretty much the same thing I am doing. Works well.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Depends on when you train, IMO.

I wouldn't necessarily taper off carbs if you normally train at night.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Depends on when you train, IMO.

I wouldn't necessarily taper off carbs if you normally train at night.
I train at night, and I can attest first hand that the amount of carbs I eat post workout has an immediate effect on the amount of fat I gain. Even though I should theoretically more resistant to insulin at this time.

pinchharmonic

pinchharmonic

Awards
  • Established
I train at night, and I can attest first hand that the amount of carbs I eat post workout has an immediate effect on the amount of fat I gain. Even though I should theoretically more resistant to insulin at this time.

could you elaborate on that? I wasn't aware of insulin sensitivity changing later on in the day.

Also, you feel you get fatter with PWO carbs if the workout session is at night? I also workout at night and have been trying to determine the perfect amount of carbs to consume after workout, since I will be sleeping within 2.5 hours after the workout.