Help me out please!

  1. Help me out please!


    I have a relative who is about 60 years old and she told me she is feeling anxious and nervous all day long even though she has nothing to worry about. She also has problems falling a sleep at night. What supplements can she take to relax her during the day and help her fall asleep easier?


  2. During the day, make sure she has no caffeine. No smoking, no stimulants, and steer clear of too much sugar. Melatonin can help with falling asleep. Lots of water

    Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.7; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920

  3. I couldn't see a 60 year old woman taking Powerful, but it is good stuff in the sleep department. Melatonin would suffice I guess.
    •   
       


  4. Relora....

  5. a lot of people on another site suggested GABA for relaxation.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by pitching101 View Post
    a lot of people on another site suggested GABA for relaxation.
    I was reading a thread a few weeks back here on how good GABA was for relaxing you. Can't remember which one it was though, you'll prob find it if you have a dig! GL
    “We are what we repeatedly do. Therefore, excellence is not an act, but a habit.”

  7. Can also look into relaxation techniques, meditation, yoga etc. Often these things can really help and cost a lot less
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222

  8. I hear ambien is excellent.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by cjszip View Post
    I hear ambien is excellent.
    Yeah, the first thing we want to do here is get some prescription drugs!

    /sarcasm off

    Ambien in itself is also only a short term solution.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Aggravated View Post
    Yeah, the first thing we want to do here is get some prescription drugs!

    /sarcasm off

    Ambien in itself is also only a short term solution.
    Very well, but I also feel that Melatonin is a short-term solution, as there CAN be a level of dependence associated with it's long-term use, as melatonin is a hormone secreted by the pineal gland.

    I may suggest a combination of Valarian root capsules (if she's capable of taking capsules) and a tea with chamomile. I've personally found Sleepy Time tea to be excellent before bed.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by cjszip View Post
    Very well, but I also feel that Melatonin is a short-term solution, as there CAN be a level of dependence associated with it's long-term use, as melatonin is a hormone secreted by the pineal gland.

    I may suggest a combination of Valarian root capsules (if she's capable of taking capsules) and a tea with chamomile. I've personally found Sleepy Time tea to be excellent before bed.
    Valerian root works wonders!

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Aggravated View Post
    Valerian root works wonders!

    Yeah, it's excellent. I also found that adding Nutmeg to my tea works wonders as well, as I believe nutmeg gains it's primary relaxative effects from the increase in blood flow, but also possesses psychoactive traits on it's own. It's worth adding a small teaspoon to your tea, but I suggest avoiding high dosages unless you want to get high.

    Here's something to consider... Maybe be worth a shot at low-dosage, but I figured the rest of you guys might enjoy giving this a try. Be careful.

    http://www.erowid.org/psychoactives/...q.shtml#nutmeg
  

  
 

Log in
Log in