Leg Cramping still a week later

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  265 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.71%

Exclamation Leg Cramping still a week later

I have been doing a newer routine focusing on stricter free weight movements and as the leg part have been doing true squats to parallel in a rack and straight legged deadlifts up on a platform to get good extension.

The first leg workout went fine, the second was a bit stiff into the glutes and upper hamstrings but doing the routine with the warm up did the trick and then by the time I got into any weight I had loosened up again.

The third leg workout was just about the same as the second.

Since the third leg workout a week ago I have gotten so tight into the hamstrings and glutes that I have stayed out of the gym aside from going in to stretch.

At this point I am in pain all day, I stretch every 15 minutes or so at work (sitting office job) and it just keeps tightening up. It has gone down into my calf as well and I am fighting to keep it loose.

By the way this is my left leg only. My right leg is fine. I am popping my daily vitamins, added potassium suplement. I tossed a little bit of salt on my food yesterday by the recommendation of a body building co-worker and am drinking as much water as I can. And I don't think I injured anything as I was doing moderate to heavy weight with strict form not HEAVY weight. There was no pop, tear, or pain while working out; only constant tightening.

What can I do? -- I have wished I had some muscle relaxers or could figure out any nutrient deficiency to get this to stop. Anyone know how to get this corrected?

Thanks,

2. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.76%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

If your taking in 1g of potassium, a gallon of water, and stretching real deep every chance you get. Then I would suggest getting a deep tissue massage, they work wonders for me. And if you have a massage envy by you they are only $39 for your first time.
  3. Banned
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.06%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Also, buy some ZMA the magnesium makes the muscles relax and stops cramps for many users.

A good side effect is steady bowel movements.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85%

ZMA Gave me really bad direah... Just a warning. haha

But make sure youre stretching after lifting. I would suspect that if you put a good 5 mins into it you will be fine.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  265 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.71%

Thanks for the replies.

I will have to get doing more stretching after the workouts. I don't have ZMA but will get
  6. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.64%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Epsom salt baths are a better way to absorb magnesium. You will get more magnesium this way and absorb it more efficiently. 3-4 baths per week with 2-3 cups of epsom salts in hot water should really help. It's stopped me from cramping. ZMA wasn't enough for me, magnesium deficiency is a really hard thing to tackle.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Cramping
    By EasyEJL in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-11-2011, 11:37 AM
  2. Ab cramping
    By cassimus in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-12-2009, 01:36 AM
  3. ARG! Help please!! Cramping bad!
    By bigrobbierob in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 18