Leg Cramping still a week later

lategainer

lategainer

Awards
I have been doing a newer routine focusing on stricter free weight movements and as the leg part have been doing true squats to parallel in a rack and straight legged deadlifts up on a platform to get good extension.

The first leg workout went fine, the second was a bit stiff into the glutes and upper hamstrings but doing the routine with the warm up did the trick and then by the time I got into any weight I had loosened up again.

The third leg workout was just about the same as the second.

Since the third leg workout a week ago I have gotten so tight into the hamstrings and glutes that I have stayed out of the gym aside from going in to stretch.

At this point I am in pain all day, I stretch every 15 minutes or so at work (sitting office job) and it just keeps tightening up. It has gone down into my calf as well and I am fighting to keep it loose.

By the way this is my left leg only. My right leg is fine. I am popping my daily vitamins, added potassium suplement. I tossed a little bit of salt on my food yesterday by the recommendation of a body building co-worker and am drinking as much water as I can. And I don't think I injured anything as I was doing moderate to heavy weight with strict form not HEAVY weight. There was no pop, tear, or pain while working out; only constant tightening.

What can I do? -- I have wished I had some muscle relaxers or could figure out any nutrient deficiency to get this to stop. Anyone know how to get this corrected?

Thanks,

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
If your taking in 1g of potassium, a gallon of water, and stretching real deep every chance you get. Then I would suggest getting a deep tissue massage, they work wonders for me. And if you have a massage envy by you they are only $39 for your first time.

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Also, buy some ZMA the magnesium makes the muscles relax and stops cramps for many users.

A good side effect is steady bowel movements.

SFW

SFW

Awards
ZMA Gave me really bad direah... Just a warning. haha

But make sure youre stretching after lifting. I would suspect that if you put a good 5 mins into it you will be fine.

lategainer

lategainer

Awards
Thanks for the replies.

I will have to get doing more stretching after the workouts. I don't have ZMA but will get

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Epsom salt baths are a better way to absorb magnesium. You will get more magnesium this way and absorb it more efficiently. 3-4 baths per week with 2-3 cups of epsom salts in hot water should really help. It's stopped me from cramping. ZMA wasn't enough for me, magnesium deficiency is a really hard thing to tackle.