FF Cottage Cheese?

Do you find FF Cottage Cheese to be beneficial?

• Yes

Votes: 36 85.7%
  • No

Votes: 6 14.3%

• Total voters
Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
In you opinion, is it beneficial?

I have never eaten it. What does it taste like?

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Tastes good. Only downside is the sodium IMO.

But really good to take 1 cup before bed. There's plenty of casein in there as well!

keeplloyd

Awards
Yep, definitely worth it before bed as it is full of casien to help minimize catabolism during sleep. Doesn't taste bad, at least I don't think so.

ABNRanger

ABNRanger

Awards
  • Established
There is no taste to compare it to. It is an acquired taste, but it does not taste bad. Start with small curds then work your way to large curds if you choose. I mix mine with raisens and honey or just honey.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
How much Casein protein are we talking here for a standard serving? 1 cup or so contains what amount of casein? Thanks for the responses guys!

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
dean ff low sodium cottage cheese, comes in a pink container. Great for a quick lunch, each tub is 50g of protein, or there abouts.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
15g per 1/2cup roughly, depends on brand.

Texture is unique; sour cream totally filled with little cheese curds? Mix in some cinnamon, splenda, berries, good snack. I always go FF so I can take some coconut oil as my fats (instead of the ones from the cheese)

ffmedic32

ffmedic32

Awards
I am not big on the taste so my recent cure has been to mix it with sugar free Jello. Works great for me, I always try to get in a cup b4 bed.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I honestly can't stand the taste....since the only time I eat it is before bed, I spring for the lowfat.

Yeah, the high sodium is a drag, but the low or sodium free are nasty.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I honestly can't stand the taste....since the only time I eat it is before bed, I spring for the lowfat.

It seems everything decent for you is full of sodium. Damn near every low carb/fat meal or anything has a ton of sodium. I guess, because all the preservatives are pulled out? Not sure.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

If we had the sodium free I would opt for it; I dont get too much pleasure out of eating it anyways unless I dump in 1/4 packet of my fav. drink crystal, works well.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If we had the sodium free I would opt for it; I dont get too much pleasure out of eating it anyways unless I dump in 1/4 packet of my fav. crystal meth, works well.
I bet it does.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I just recently started eating it in the last year. Now once you get past the mental issue of eating spoiled milk..blech! It really tastes better than I expected. Its much easier to eat then some of the foods I've been forced to try.

Now someday I have to convince myself to try yogurt.

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
I used it once and saw no benefit.. but that was most likely because I only used it for 3-4 weeks.
Actualy tastes kind of good when you mix pepper on it.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I used it once and saw no benefit.. but that was most likely because I only used it for 3-4 weeks.
Can I just mix cupcakes with it?

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Saw no benefit? It's just supposed to keep you full, a nice slow digesting protein. In fairness my favourite pre-bed meal is a decent omelet (or 1/2 or my monster) 1 hour pre-bed , but that takes longer to prepare.

joelast

joelast

Awards
I love cottage cheese as a source of caseine before bed, and it tastes good with almost anything mixed in with it. It provides a good alternative to a casein shake.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I really want to try it with the vanilla extract, cinnamon, and splenda. If I like it, then I will start using it a few nights a week.

lector606

lector606

Awards
I think it's great with some sweetener and chocolate whey. Choc caramel pecan muscle milk is amazing with that stuff!

AndreAnabolic

AndreAnabolic

Awards
ive never gone 1 night for at least 2 years without a cup of cottage cheese before bed... that and a couple spoons of peanut butter

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
How much Casein protein are we talking here for a standard serving? 1 cup or so contains what amount of casein? Thanks for the responses guys!
theres about 12-14 grams in one half cup

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
theres about 12-14 grams in one half cup
Yeah I ate some the other night with the recipe I mentioned above. It was pretty good. The stuff I was eating was the wal-mart brand FF. 14g of protein per 1/2 cup.

sumbum801

Awards
  • Established
i prefer the regular small curd. it's good fat, and high in slow releasing protein. cottage cheese is some good stuff!

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
i prefer the regular small curd. it's good fat, and high in slow releasing protein. cottage cheese is some good stuff!
This is the fat free. I am sure the regular tastes much better as most everything does in it's most nutritional form!

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
Tastes good. Only downside is the sodium IMO.

But really good to take 1 cup before bed. There's plenty of casein in there as well!
Yeah,love cottage cheese but in order to really get enough you need to eat a lot of sodium. I'll usually combine some cottage cheese with a whey shake.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
why the fat free? the 2% has less carbs
Less carbs in exchange for saturated fat. If it falls into your macros, I guess it's fine, but I always try to stay away from saturated fats if at all possible.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
fooey, your body uses saturated fats to create testosterone. prebed its perfect

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

and your body creates the cholesterol from saturated fat

DarkDragon

Awards
I usually down 1/2 to 1c before bed, great with pineapple too!

redhawk

Awards
Very high BV Casein protein. Have you tried adding splenda to it?

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just cant stomach the stuff. I evidenlty have a tremendous amount of texture issues

eatingisfun

eatingisfun

Awards
  • Established
I go with 250g of the 1% regular sodium kind. I don't think there's a huge deal in having the sodium unless you have BP issues or are trying to cut as much water as possible for a show.