natural PB

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. natural PB


    so I am new to this natural peanut butter and almond butter.. one thing, what is up with the oil on top? I aaume this is soupposed to be mixed before eating? or do you discard?
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates


  2. mix it in!
    •   
       


  3. the oil on top is the monounsaturated fat - the best part of eating peanut butter from a dietary and testosterone boosting standpoint. the healthy oils are generally liquid at room temperature. mix it up, eat, grow

  4. Quote Originally Posted by suncloud View Post
    the oil on top is the monounsaturated fat - the best part of eating peanut butter from a dietary and testosterone boosting standpoint. the healthy oils are generally liquid at room temperature. mix it up, eat, grow
    That rule of thumb made it so hard to convince my dad that coconut oil isn't actually bad for you. (Or you could just live somewhere >24C so its melted I suppose )

  5. that's funny, now that i can see how people would assume that

  6. Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    Store it upside down!
    lol

  7. gonna try the upside down thing.. it is a mother f to mix with a spoon
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

  8. Walnut butter my good man, MUCH healthier.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    gonna try the upside down thing.. it is a mother f to mix with a spoon
    Yeah,that really really works. I usually let mine sit upside down for a couple days and it mixes right in. I keep mine in the fridge too.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by ozarkaBRAND View Post
    Walnut butter my good man, MUCH healthier.
    where do you find walnut butter?

  11. i was wondering the teddys pb has monounsaturated and polyunsaturated in it where as the smuckers lists neither. being that there both made of only roasted peanuts i couldnt foresee a difference but being that smuckers doesnt have it listed does that make it inferior?

  12. Quote Originally Posted by joelast View Post
    where do you find walnut butter?
    Most healthfood stores will have it, Whole Foods, Central Market, those are a couple that I know of.

    Anyway, most every widely available nut-butter pales in comparison to Walnut butter. They are significantly higher in omega 3s than most any other.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by ozarkaBRAND View Post
    Walnut butter my good man, MUCH healthier.
    I agree entirely. but where do you buy it? i never see it at any healthfood store

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Aggravated View Post
    lol
    No joke! I never have any problems this way, and every time you use it you flip it, so it gets a little bit mixed up. That oil is a thing of the past!

  15. Quote Originally Posted by pinchharmonic View Post
    I agree entirely. but where do you buy it? i never see it at any healthfood store
    Hmm.. not sure what to tell you man. Is there anything like Whole Foods or Central Market where you're from?

  16. Something I have tried with great success is mixing a little flaxseed oil in with the peanut butter just to make it easier to mix.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by planetfuzz View Post
    Something I have tried with great success is mixing a little flaxseed oil in with the peanut butter just to make it easier to mix.
    That isn't a horrible idea. The Natty PB I eat usually doesn't need to be mixed that much. Could be a good addition if you wanted more EFAs I guess!

  18. you probably find it the same place you find anything GOOGLE

  19. Quote Originally Posted by Pleonastic View Post
    you probably find it the same place you find anything GOOGLE
    I find a lot of stuff there too!

  20. Quote Originally Posted by pinchharmonic View Post
    I agree entirely. but where do you buy it? i never see it at any healthfood store
    Super target has all kinds of nut-butters man!

  21. Skippy makes an all natural PB also, and you don't have to deal with the oils at the top.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Packer56 View Post
    Skippy makes an all natural PB also, and you don't have to deal with the oils at the top.
    id be skeptical if it doesnt separate, can you post teh ingredients?

  23. Quote Originally Posted by carnivalhobo View Post
    id be skeptical if it doesnt separate, can you post teh ingredients?
    They add a couple of other oils to it to help keep it from separating, I believe.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by ozarkaBRAND View Post
    They add a couple of other oils to it to help keep it from separating, I believe.
    well right, so its pretty important which oils those are

  25. Quote Originally Posted by carnivalhobo View Post
    well right, so its pretty important which oils those are
    Alright well.. check this out http://*******.com/apkorz

    second result
  26. customize it


    I'd use the Fitnutz(powdered low fat pb) and add flax and your EFA's as you make it yourself... tasty! Plus it lasts a lot longer than reg pb

  27. Someone told me about this natty PB last week called "Naturally More". I bought some last Sunday at Walmart, and its flippin amazing! It has flax in it already and even egg whites. My new fav PB.

  28. Quote Originally Posted by carnivalhobo View Post
    well right, so its pretty important which oils those are
    I believe that the "Skippy Natural" has palm oil...

  29. Quote Originally Posted by petey7408 View Post
    Someone told me about this natty PB last week called "Naturally More". I bought some last Sunday at Walmart, and its flippin amazing! It has flax in it already and even egg whites. My new fav PB.
    thats what i use too, good ****!

  30. skippy natural has palm oil in it...its like crack

  31. Quote Originally Posted by ticco View Post
    skippy natural has palm oil in it...its like crack
    true that

  32. Quote Originally Posted by petey7408 View Post
    I believe that the "Skippy Natural" has palm oil...
    well since the douchebag that used the old ass let me google it for you didnt even post the ingredients int he thread like a true troll here they are:

    Skippy Natural Peanut Butter actually has four ingredients: peanuts, sugar, palm oil, and salt.

    3g of sugar per serving + the palm oil makes this a pretty clear NO imo.

  33. Hands down Naturally More, just look at the ingredients.
    doing my own thang!

  34. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    so I am new to this natural peanut butter and almond butter.. one thing, what is up with the oil on top? I aaume this is soupposed to be mixed before eating? or do you discard?
    Someone from another forum recommended mixing it up REALLY well a couple weeks ahead of time (2-3) and then alternate between upside and right-side up occasionally (before and after opening). So, when you're starting to run low on your natty PB, pick up some more, open it up, mix it up and then you'll be good to go by the time you move onto that container.... Flipping it occasionally isn't that big of a deal, but if you notice you're stirring it up a lot more than before, store it upside down.

    Quote Originally Posted by andrew732 View Post
    Hands down Naturally More, just look at the ingredients.
    The ingredients are what turns me away. I'm not down with the whole flaxseed deal....

  35. Quote Originally Posted by carnivalhobo View Post
    well since the douchebag that used the old ass let me google it for you didnt even post the ingredients int he thread like a true troll here they are:

    Skippy Natural Peanut Butter actually has four ingredients: peanuts, sugar, palm oil, and salt.

    3g of sugar per serving + the palm oil makes this a pretty clear NO imo.
    give me a break, I was just recalling off the top of my head what I remember seeing on the label when I looked at when I was at Walmart.

  36. got some Naturally More today... really good.

  37. Quote Originally Posted by fieldt76 View Post
    got some Naturally More today... really good.
    Awesome bro! Addicting, isnt it?

  38. only pb I ever buy, oh and powdered pb also

  39. Wait...so whats wrong with palm oil lol?
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Dymatize Natural Whey vs ON Natural Whey
    By Flaw in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-28-2011, 09:08 AM
  2. New to being natural
    By Psychabinol in forum Natural Bodybuilding
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-09-2010, 11:57 PM
  3. natural
    By at1010 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-15-2009, 10:48 PM
  4. Wow, has anyone ever used anything natural...?
    By MichaelseBiz in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-27-2008, 09:49 PM
  5. Natural?
    By frankpt in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-24-2006, 11:09 PM
Log in
Log in