natural PB

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
so I am new to this natural peanut butter and almond butter.. one thing, what is up with the oil on top? I aaume this is soupposed to be mixed before eating? or do you discard?

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
the oil on top is the monounsaturated fat - the best part of eating peanut butter from a dietary and testosterone boosting standpoint. the healthy oils are generally liquid at room temperature. mix it up, eat, grow :)

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
the oil on top is the monounsaturated fat - the best part of eating peanut butter from a dietary and testosterone boosting standpoint. the healthy oils are generally liquid at room temperature. mix it up, eat, grow :)
That rule of thumb made it so hard to convince my dad that coconut oil isn't actually bad for you. (Or you could just live somewhere >24C so its melted I suppose :trout:)

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
that's funny, now that i can see how people would assume that :)

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
gonna try the upside down thing.. it is a mother f to mix with a spoon

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
Walnut butter my good man, MUCH healthier.

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
gonna try the upside down thing.. it is a mother f to mix with a spoon
Yeah,that really really works. I usually let mine sit upside down for a couple days and it mixes right in. I keep mine in the fridge too.

bmacy168

bmacy168

Awards
i was wondering the teddys pb has monounsaturated and polyunsaturated in it where as the smuckers lists neither. being that there both made of only roasted peanuts i couldnt foresee a difference but being that smuckers doesnt have it listed does that make it inferior?

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
where do you find walnut butter?
Most healthfood stores will have it, Whole Foods, Central Market, those are a couple that I know of.

Anyway, most every widely available nut-butter pales in comparison to Walnut butter. They are significantly higher in omega 3s than most any other.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
I agree entirely. but where do you buy it? i never see it at any healthfood store
Hmm.. not sure what to tell you man. Is there anything like Whole Foods or Central Market where you're from?

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
Something I have tried with great success is mixing a little flaxseed oil in with the peanut butter just to make it easier to mix.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Something I have tried with great success is mixing a little flaxseed oil in with the peanut butter just to make it easier to mix.
That isn't a horrible idea. The Natty PB I eat usually doesn't need to be mixed that much. Could be a good addition if you wanted more EFAs I guess!

Pleonastic

Pleonastic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
you probably find it the same place you find anything GOOGLE

Packer56

Awards
Skippy makes an all natural PB also, and you don't have to deal with the oils at the top.

EmAzing

EmAzing

Awards
customize it

I'd use the Fitnutz(powdered low fat pb) and add flax and your EFA's as you make it yourself... tasty! Plus it lasts a lot longer than reg pb

petey7408

petey7408

Banned
Awards
Someone told me about this natty PB last week called "Naturally More". I bought some last Sunday at Walmart, and its flippin amazing! It has flax in it already and even egg whites. My new fav PB.

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Someone told me about this natty PB last week called "Naturally More". I bought some last Sunday at Walmart, and its flippin amazing! It has flax in it already and even egg whites. My new fav PB.
thats what i use too, good ****!

ticco

ticco

Awards
  • Established
skippy natural has palm oil in it...its like crack

carnivalhobo

Awards
I believe that the "Skippy Natural" has palm oil...
well since the douchebag that used the old ass let me google it for you didnt even post the ingredients int he thread like a true troll here they are:

Skippy Natural Peanut Butter actually has four ingredients: peanuts, sugar, palm oil, and salt.

3g of sugar per serving + the palm oil makes this a pretty clear NO imo.

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
Hands down Naturally More, just look at the ingredients.

ShiftyCapone

ShiftyCapone

Awards
  • Established
so I am new to this natural peanut butter and almond butter.. one thing, what is up with the oil on top? I aaume this is soupposed to be mixed before eating? or do you discard?
Someone from another forum recommended mixing it up REALLY well a couple weeks ahead of time (2-3) and then alternate between upside and right-side up occasionally (before and after opening). So, when you're starting to run low on your natty PB, pick up some more, open it up, mix it up and then you'll be good to go by the time you move onto that container.... Flipping it occasionally isn't that big of a deal, but if you notice you're stirring it up a lot more than before, store it upside down.

Hands down Naturally More, just look at the ingredients.
The ingredients are what turns me away. I'm not down with the whole flaxseed deal....

petey7408

petey7408

Banned
Awards
well since the douchebag that used the old ass let me google it for you didnt even post the ingredients int he thread like a true troll here they are:

Skippy Natural Peanut Butter actually has four ingredients: peanuts, sugar, palm oil, and salt.

3g of sugar per serving + the palm oil makes this a pretty clear NO imo.
give me a break, I was just recalling off the top of my head what I remember seeing on the label when I looked at when I was at Walmart.

redemption79

Awards
  • Established
thats what i use too, good ****!
I've been using this for a while too. I remeinds me of POWERBUTTER, anyone remember that? Much cheaper though...
The best natty PB is made at home. My sis makes it in her Vita-mix. Peanuts....and a little honey if you want some sweetness. Very addictive!

Chubbinmuffin

Chubbinmuffin

Awards
  • Established
Thought palm oil was OK. Its nutritionally similar to olive oil, isn't it? Here's a video on it. americanpalmoil. com

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
skippy............. i got some last week and it tastes like unicorn poop

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
i mean its like listening to pink floyd for the first time.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Im a big fan of the natural high protein peanut butter they sell at the counter of vitamin shoppe

Irish Pilot

Irish Pilot

Awards
On a side note, I could seriously eat an entire container of natty pb in one sitting. Im an endo, but for a week I would love to be one of those guys who says "I eat like 5k cals a day and cant gain weight!" Id be at about a jar of npb a day....yum...

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
On a side note, I could seriously eat an entire container of natty pb in one sitting. Im an endo, but for a week I would love to be one of those guys who says "I eat like 5k cals a day and cant gain weight!" Id be at about a jar of npb a day....yum...
Heh well I just had a container of PB in 10 days, and the scale doesn't lie. It definitely stuck to me , but damn did it taste good!

purebred

Im a big fan of the natural high protein peanut butter they sell at the counter of vitamin shoppe
how much does it run bro? might have to check that out when i make my trip to VS to see if they have Jack3d in stock.