Looking for some advice

DamirK

Awards
Hey guys i just started this new meal plan yesterday. Im looking to pack on some muscle with minimal fat gain. Im currently at 6 ft 165lbs. 7.6%bf here is what my diet was like starting yesterday. Please take a look and if you have some time, please critique/give me some helpful advice if you guys dont mind.Thanks guys!

Cals Fat Carbs Fiber Protein
1 whole and 2 egg whites: 106 5g 0g 0g 14g

Friendly Farms Lowfat Cottage Cheese: 90 1g 5g 0g 14g

Valu Time Wheat Bread: 120 1g 23g 1g 5g

Reiter Skim Milk: 45 0g 6g 0g 4g

Coffee: 0g 0g 0g 1g

Sweet Mate Sweetner: 0 0g 0g 0g 0g

Ground turkey casserole: 615 4g 48g 4g 96g

Apple, Raw: 95 0g 25g 4g 1g

Lowfat Chocolate Icecream: 103 2g 20g 0g 2g

Nuts, Walnuts, Diamond Shelled: 200 20g 4g 2g 5g

National Raisin Co. Raisins: 100 0g 27g 1g 1g

Mel-o Pure Honey: 60 0g 17g 0g 0g

Vitamin Shoppe Omega-3 Fish Oil: 40 5g 0g 0g 0g

GOYA Pink Beans: 80 1g 16g 7g 5g

Friendly Farms Cottage Cheese: 110 5g 4g 0g 12g

Totals: 1,980 49g 222g 120g 23g 175g

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
If you are looking to put on muscle, it isn't enough calories. At your weight, you are going to need at least 2600 IMO.

NAS

NAS

Awards
its an ok diet plan but its not going to produce the results you want. A better plan could be:

breakfast eg:
2eggs 3egg whites
your apple
1 cup oats not the out of a pouch crap with tons of sugar, put cinnamon and dark berries in it if you want
coffee

your turkey casserole would be an ok after workout meal.

another 2 meals of chicken and rice with veggies would be good or substitute tuna, even lean beef.

save nuts milk cottage cheese for last meals or late night snacks.

through in 2 protein shakes a day and that would be a better option for you imo.

Esox Express

Esox Express

Awards
  • Established
diet looks solid
No.

Your Diet is way too low in calories if you are looking to build muscle. This would be a pretty good cutting diet for a guy your size, but you really need to up you calories. I would include some more meat. It looks like your ground turkey casserole is your only source of meat, correct? Try getting some beef in, as well as whole eggs. You could benefit from the saturated fat in the beef and the cholesterol in the eggs, not to mention the killer amino acid profiles they both carry.... Excellent protein sources.

DT5: you can click the edit button to add in additional info to your posts, rather than making a triple post.

DamirK

Awards
No.

Your Diet is way too low in calories if you are looking to build muscle. This would be a pretty good cutting diet for a guy your size, but you really need to up you calories. I would include some more meat. It looks like your ground turkey casserole is your only source of meat, correct? Try getting some beef in, as well as whole eggs. You could benefit from the saturated fat in the beef and the cholesterol in the eggs, not to mention the killer amino acid profiles they both carry.... Excellent protein sources.

DT5: you can click the edit button to add in additional info to your posts, rather than making a triple post.
Thanks for the input! I do eat different meats on different days but its mostly fish, chicken and turkey, beef on rare occasions. i usually also eat 1 whole plus 2 egg whites per serving when i eat eggs. i just dont want to gain to much fat i had a bad experience with weight when i was in high school so now im super cautious about it.

Sinon

Sinon

Awards
Yeah, you would actually lose a lot of weight, becuase your burning all those calories even if you weren't active.

Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.7; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920