Fat timing?

Rah22491

Awards
When is the best time to take sesame, almond, peanut, and grapeseed oil. and how much each day?

beebab

beebab

Awards
  • Established
Fat intake is completely individual-dependent. There is no set time to take fats. They're the third macronutrient next to protein and carbohydrates and you should ingest them modestly throughout the day as part of your balanced diet. Typically, the dieting scheme that's popular is to increase fats inversely to carbs... that is, have most of your carbs in the morning/ afternoon and as the day goes on decrease your carbs and replace them with more fats. The reason for this is that you don't really need many carbs at night because you'll be going to sleep and won't require energy and your metabolism will slow down, so you won't require any insulin spike.

I have a slight amount of fat with each meal. Personally, I love fats and my body responds well to them. I did a ketogenic diet for 2 1/2 months over the summer and leaned out very nicely as a result. Generally every meal of my day contains carbs, save that of my last one which is just protein and fat. I tend to have more carbs at breakfast and around my workout time to boost my energy levels. But everybody is different. My point is that you should be taking in all 3 macros with every meal. How much of each macro (aside from protein) depends on what kind of structure you prefer to have in your diet; otherwise, I'd say have a little fat with every meal and more before you go to bed.