Morning Shake

asavage24

Awards
Can one blend cream of wheat into their morning shake. i like using oats except for the fact that they clump up and sink to the bottom.... im also looking for some new shake recipes if anyone has any to share. the only issue is im lactose intolerant so no dairy for me

thanks

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
I don't see why you couldn't. But have you tried grinding your oats in a blender or food processor? Comes out almost like flour and mixes pretty well in a shake then.

asavage24

Awards
I actually never thought of grinding them before adding them to a shake. good call... im still looking for a good recipe. so far i have a couple

1/2 cup oats
2 scoops ON 100% whey
1 banana
scoop of peanut butter

or

2 scoops ON 100% whey
1 cup frozen fruit
2 scoops waxymaize
1 tbl spoon olive oil

Is there anything i should add or take away? how many grams of carbs, protein, and fat is optimal first thing in the morning?

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Is there anything i should add or take away? how many grams of carbs, protein, and fat is optimal first thing in the morning?
Boy thats a loaded question. Depends on you. Your metabolism, your activity level, whether you are bulking/cutting or maintaining, etc. Don't think I can answer that.

asavage24

Awards
Very True.... Thanks for your help. i appreciate it

Superdoad

Superdoad

Banned
Awards
Pill of lactaid mixed in the milk:)
Sorry I couldn't resist.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Try to add ingredients that fit your macros. You can't go wrong with that.

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
i love that peanut butter!;)

HEARTLESS

Awards
4 tablespoon PB.. 3 tablespoon blueberries.. 2 scoop whey isolate.. 1 to 2 eggs.. milk/water for you.. blend and enjoy

That's more on the bulk/cal pack days

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
Can one blend cream of wheat into their morning shake. i like using oats except for the fact that they clump up and sink to the bottom.... im also looking for some new shake recipes if anyone has any to share. the only issue is im lactose intolerant so no dairy for me

thanks
Get yourself some lactose tabs. Both my wife and I lactose intolerant. She more-so then me, but we pop one or two tabs and we are virtually lactose issue free.
When I get home I will get the name for you. We buy boxes of them at Walmart. Not expensive, and well worth it.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Get yourself some lactose tabs. Both my wife and I lactose intolerant. She more-so then me, but we pop one or two tabs and we are virtually lactose issue free.
When I get home I will get the name for you. We buy boxes of them at Walmart. Not expensive, and well worth it.
I thought about doing this, but only milk by itself in large quantities bothers me. I don't drink milk anyway, so no need, but this is good info for someone who experiences GI from lactose!