Best way to eat for quickest results in mass!!??

AndreAnabolic

AndreAnabolic

Awards
okay, ive been asking around and testing things out and seeing how this and that works...but i can never get a straight answer or get to the bottom of it... will someone PLEASE tell me the best way to eat to gain the most size possible!? right now im 5'11 230 (but dont look it) and bout 12%bf i eat about 30-40g protein, 30g carbs and 15g fat with every meal at 8 meals a day. a little help?

3dmuscle9122

Awards
okay, ive been asking around and testing things out and seeing how this and that works...but i can never get a straight answer or get to the bottom of it... will someone PLEASE tell me the best way to eat to gain the most size possible!? right now im 5'11 230 (but dont look it) and bout 12%bf i eat about 30-40g protein, 30g carbs and 15g fat with every meal at 8 meals a day. a little help?
Bananas, milk, pasta, and peanut butter always makes me gain weight really fast.

What's your daily calorie intake to maintain your body weight? Are you worried about body fat? You can gain a lot of muscle really fast, but it might be at the expense of raising a lot more body fat. I don't know what your goals are? Power lifter physic or bodybuilder physic? You could just add 3500 calories to add a pound for the week to your body mantanice with the same 30% fat 40% Carb 30% Protein. When you think you have gained enough weight just do a cutting diet. LOT'S OF MEAT and CARBS. Remeber you can only gain so much muscle naturally. Under the BEST possible circumstances (training, diet, supplementation, recovery) the average male body can create between *0.25 and 0.50* pounds of dry muscle tissue per week or month...I can't remember. That's the natural amount that your body chemistry will allow if not using aas drugs.

I might be wrong, but this is just my 2cents. Anyone else have any advice?

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
You could try digestive enzymes -its not what you eat its what you absorb

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
You getting in plenty good fats?

Superdoad

Superdoad

Banned
Awards
Doad, whole milk!
It so fukkin cheap I just bought 2 gallons today @ safeway.
price paid...
$4.69
That is $2.35 for 2560 calories.

joelast

joelast

Awards
If your looking for some calorie dense food try trail mix, you can find some pretty healthy blends if you want. When I'm on a bulk I like to just beef up my meals a little but snacking is really where i pick up the extra cals, alot of peanut butter, ww bread, maybe even an extra protein shake here and there. Doing this i was able to put on 14 lbs in about 4 months and i'd estimate my bf on went up 1-2%.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
whole eggs
whole milk
sunflower seeds

Try the Sumo diet; fast all day and eat one GIANT meal at night...hey, you'll gain weight. :)

ABNRanger

ABNRanger

Awards
  • Established
I put on 10 pounds in a month by eating more pb, potatoes, and drinking 3 servings of serious mass by ON a day.
I mix my shakes in non fat mootoopia. You can use the whole or low fat one if you want.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
maybe your diet is fien and its your training ? have you tried any supplements? creatine? just throwing some ideas out :p

AndreAnabolic

AndreAnabolic

Awards
im a personal trainer so my training is pretty spot on for the most part, i mean, im gaining some weight with the diet im on now, maybe about 3 pounds a month, not sure if its good or bad weight...how many pounds a week are ideal when bulking?

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
im a personal trainer so my training is pretty spot on for the most part, i mean, im gaining some weight with the diet im on now, maybe about 3 pounds a month, not sure if its good or bad weight...how many pounds a week are ideal when bulking?
When I am bulking I try to shoot for .8-1lb per week. Granted this is on somewhat of an "eat everything in sight" bulk. 3lbs a month is a good number. It's low enough that you know it's not all fat as long as macros and training are in order.

Theipodpeople

Theipodpeople

Awards
The way I see it is if you are gaining size at a slow rate and not putting on a decent amount of fat with that kind of caloric intake, you should be thrilled! 230lbs at 5'11" with 12%bf is a great size man, slow and steady from there no? I've learned from this board and my own experience that the little things we do to accelerate muscle growth may be a somewhat too finicky, and that we'll do just fine eating on our own healthy estimates. I wish I could eat 8 meals a day like that and stay lean for sure.

AndreAnabolic

AndreAnabolic

Awards
thanks fellas, another problem of mine is...i step on the scale in the morning at 230 every morning, and ive done it with different scales....but i dont look like a guy who is 230....my buddy is 215 and he looks like hes double my size and we both have the same BF percentage....any explanation or just genetics?

3dmuscle9122

Awards
my take

thanks fellas, another problem of mine is...i step on the scale in the morning at 230 every morning, and ive done it with different scales....but i dont look like a guy who is 230....my buddy is 215 and he looks like hes double my size and we both have the same BF percentage....any explanation or just genetics?
It could all just be an illusion. Where does he carry his body fat? How large is his Delts? Is he shorter than you? His muscle symmetry is different which gives the illusion of being bigger. For example, if you have large delts and a small waist you will look larger than the guy with large delts with love handles. Do you have long or short bicep heads? Do you see where I'm getting at? Illusions
Could be other factors too..

Water, fat, muscle maturity, proportions......

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
It all depends on your body man..
For example I could get huge eating Mcdonalds and not even get fat (I wish).
While the next person eats 1 fry and gets fat.
You have to try different diets.
Try a high carb medium protein and low fat diet for 4 weeks, see how that goes.
Then the next 4 weeks try high protein, medium-high fat, low carbs.
Try to eat complex carbs such as oats.
Post workout quik carbs such as dextrose or WMS is good.
For protein theres shakes, steak, chicken, turkey, roast beef, tuna, eggs, all is great for you.
Fats theres PB, Coconut Oil, Fish Oil, Flax Oil, etc.

ILiftBig

Awards
Here is part of an article I wrote in this same subject:

Here is how it done

First we need to find a starting point. So you need to know how many calories it takes you individually to maintain your body weight. While it is a very complicated process to accurately determine this amount, you can easily estimate it. I have found that most of use who seriously lift weights can maintain our body weight by consuming about 18 calories per pound of body weight, per day. So, let’s say you’re a 200 lb. man and want to maintain your weight (200 x 18 = 3600 cal/d). Now is 3600 cal/d going to be written in stone for everyone? Of course not! We all have different needs, so this amount may vary. But we ARE going to use this figure as a starting point, so remember 3600 cal/d.

Next we need to add some calories so we can start gaining weight and gaining muscle. But how much? Well, we know it takes about 3500 calories to gain one pound, so we can assume now that we need to add at least 500 calories per day to our diet. So our 200 lb. man now theoretically needs 4100 calories per day to gain at least 1 pound per week.

What if I don’t gain

Well let’s go back to 4100 calories per day. As I mentioned earlier, we are not all the same and may have different caloric needs. So this theoretical amount of 4100 calories may or may not cause you to gain any weight. Let’s say that you have eaten this amount of food for one week and nothing happens. You did not notice any gains but you did not lose any weight either. What’s wrong? Obviously, it takes you more than the original 3600 cal/d to maintain your weight. So we need to make some adjustments. From here (4100 cal/d) we will add another 500 cal/d (4600 cal/d). Now we will wait another week and see what happens. If you still do not see any gains, repeat this process until you start gaining no more than one pound per week.

What if I’m gaining too much

I’m sure by now some of are thinking that if 500 extra calories give us one pound more must be better. Not so fast! The quicker we gain, the more chance there is that we will store fat. Remember we only want to take in enough to cause the muscles to grow. That way we will minimize fat storage. So more is not necessarily better in this case.

Well what happens when you finally start gaining, but are gaining too much weight too fast? Simple----we do some fine tuning, by lowering the caloric intake by 100 cal/d until we level off to one pound per week. It’s just that simple!

Help, I’ve reached a plateau

OK, let’s say it took us 4100 cal/d to gain one pound of body weight per week. Will we keep gaining weight as long as we eat this amount of food? NO! As we become more muscular and gain more body weight our caloric needs increase. So 4100 calories soon will only help us to maintain weight once again. It should be obvious that we need to increase our food intake again.

So, now what we need to do is determine about how many calories per pound of body weight it took us to gain weight in the first place. This will make it much easier to adjust our caloric intake as our body weight increases. So 4100 / 200 lbs = 20.5 cal/lb. That simply means it took us 20.5 calories per pound of body weight to gain weight. Now that figure should stay about the same as long as we do not increase our energy needs by increasing our activity. So as our weight slowly rises, we need to also recalculate our caloric needs. Therefore, as our 200 lb. man reaches 205 lbs., he needs to also have increased his caloric intake to 4200 cal/d to avoid hitting a plateau and not gaining any more body weight.

How much should I gain

While out 200 lb. man may want to eventually get up to 260 lbs, this should ONLY be done gradually and in steps. I would suggest that you only gain up to 15% at one time to minimize that amount of fat that is collected in the process. This means that our 200 lb. subject should not gain any more than 230 lbs.

At this point our subject needs to very slowly ( 1 lb./wk) drop his weight back down about 10% (210 lbs). Why so slow? Because slow weight loses help to keep the muscle you had to work so hard to gain, while dropping that fat. This whole process will help eliminate the body fat that was gained in the muscle building process. The goal here is to end up with more muscle and less fat than you started out with. By doing the math you should end up with a net gain of 5% every time you repeat this cycle.