Natural Remedies for High Blood Pressure

Jim Mills

Jim Mills

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys... Had a blood pressure test done yesterday... 145/85.
I was wondering what the best Natural supp I could take to lower it?

Thanks.

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
i dont know about any supplements that i can recommend however i have High Blood Pressure history in my family and used to have High Blood Pressure due to stress and excessive drinking and my doc was always on my case about it, the one thing he always recommended was to exercise but i was too lazy, I no longer have the same stress levels that i did before and I quit drinking plus started exercising regularly for over a 1 half years and my high blood pressure is gone, last time i checked it was pretty good

Jim Mills

Jim Mills

Awards
  • Established
I'm reading about COENZYME Q10 & Hawthorne Berry... Anyone know if this stuff works?.... They have Coenzyme Q10 with Hawthorn Berry in it.... Maybe it's worth a shot?.... I really have no stress and I do lift 4 days a week (one hour each time)

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
I've pretty much tried it all as far as herbals and blood pressure go.

Honestly, I haven't found anything that can hold a candle to prescription bp meds.

Graglor

Graglor

Awards
  • Established
WIKIPEDIA: Blood pressure

There are several reports concerning the effect of CoQ10 on blood pressure in human studies.[22] In a recent meta-analysis of the clinical trials of CoQ10 for hypertension, a research group led by Professor Frank Rosenfeldt (Director, Cardiac Surgical Research Unit, Alfred Hospital, Melbourne, Australia) reviewed all published trials of Coenzyme Q10 for hypertension, and assessed overall efficacy, consistency of therapeutic action, and side-effect incidence. Meta-analysis was performed in 12 clinical trials (362 patients) comprising three randomized controlled trials, one crossover study, and eight open-label studies. The research group concluded that coenzyme Q10 has the potential in hypertensive patients to lower systolic blood pressure by up to 17 mm Hg and diastolic blood pressure by up to 10 mm Hg without significant side-effects.[23]

A friend of mine had a heart attack some time ago and his doctor had him taking co-q10 along with presciption stuff as well. He was told to start loosing weight and exercise. He didn't and just had a second one. I think he got the message this time.

wontdie

wontdie

Awards
  • Established
ditto.

atenolol is amazing for me. :)

I've pretty much tried it all as far as herbals and blood pressure go.

Honestly, I haven't found anything that can hold a candle to prescription bp meds.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
cycle support is a good product to lower BP is it not?

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Hawthorn berry, celery seed

Twin Labs blood pressure success
Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 2 Tablets
Servings per Container: 30
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Hydrolyzed Milk Casein (TensGuard™) 375 Milligrams *
IPP Lactotripeptides 7.5 Milligrams *
*Daily value not established.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
does cardio help?
Generally, yes... However, cardio is certainly not the primary, or most important, factor in controlling hypertension.

The shit definitely doesn't hurt, though!

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
what else could help? ive tried a few herbal things, but i think lifestyle choices will me better (and cheaper). only thing is i dont eat too bad and i dont smoke, so i dont know what else to change

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
what else could help? ive tried a few herbal things, but i think lifestyle choices will me better (and cheaper). only thing is i dont eat too bad and i dont smoke, so i dont know what else to change
The first move I would make is to get your diet past the point of "not too bad" and into the realm of "I'm fucking golden."

Eat healthfully, and try not to go overboard on the salt for a little while... could be that you're suffering from sodium-sensitive hypertension.

PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy

Awards
  • Established
Eat healthfully, and try not to go overboard on the salt for a little while... could be that you're suffering from sodium-sensitive hypertension.
Definitely a possibility. You could try lowering sodium intake and increasing potassium intake. Switching to an iodine salt (sea salt) instead of sodium chloride might help as well. Its hard to say, hypertension isn't always dictated by sodium intake so it could help you tremendously or not at all.

PumpDogg

Awards
  • Established
I have found good success with Hawthorne Berries and Celery Seed extract. Nutra was out when i ordered so i just bought it all from vitamine shop online. I also take an extra 1000/2000 IU vit. E ed.

MacTech

MacTech

Awards
  • Established
Celery seed extract took mine from 145/95 to 115/65 in two weeks and it has stayed there.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks.