Diet Help

pjp08004

Awards
I have stubborn belly fat that I have been trying to get rid of through different diets and exercise but I cant seem to get rid of it. I have been doing cardio for 30 min 5 days a week and have been on a low carb diet for a while, which I lost a lot of weight on but this belly fat just isn't going away. I want to switch up my diet to get rid of the fat, but I dont really know what I should do. Any suggestions?

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
If you have gotten good results thus far, don't change up much.. At the end of the day it comes down to more cardio, or less calories, maybe both.

What is your current daily calorie intake?(p/f/c)

pjp08004

Awards
I take in about 1700 cal a day. I went on the diet over a year ago and wasn't able to exercise when I started it. I lost a lot of weight without exercising but now that I have been running for a while I cant seem to loose it. I'm considering just cutting most of my fat intake out and eating more carbohydrates but I don't know if that's the best way to go in my specific situation.

DamirK

Awards
cutting the fat down is not the solution. Your body needs fat and replacing it with carbs is not gonna cut it. Do you weight train at all? It might be a good idea to incorporate that in with your Cardio. Keep in mind Muscle speeds up fat burning during exercise and while youre at rest as well so adding some muscle might help you out. I have the same problem as you, I lost like 80 lbs my senior year of high school and the belly fat just stuck around. 3 years out of high school now and have kept the weight off successfully by eating right and working out regularly. I have just recently started to get into weightlifting seriously and its a great feeling man i have been gaining muscle while keeping my weight pretty consistent. Just be patient it takes a lot of time and hard work to get a good physique, but once you start seeing results youll realize its worth it. sorry my post is long but i hope i was able to help

:bb3: