food intake help

gino54

gino54

Awards
I am 6 feet tall 230, started a new job and let myself go. I need to lose 30 to 40 lbs in a month and do not know what and when i should be eating any suggestions? I work out 6 days a week 2hours weights and 30 mintues to 1 hour cardio. I am looking for a regiment that i can follow for mornining, pre and post workout. Thanks

maurice02

maurice02

Awards
  • Established
That is a lot to lose in one month............

What is your current diet looking like? Do you just eat whatever?

gino54

gino54

Awards
In the morning I have a protien shake. For lunch I'll make my self a turkey sandwich and for dinner I'll have a salad or a morning star burger. For a snack i'll have a granola bar or some kind of vegtable(carrots, radishes, celery)

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
In the morning I have a protien shake. For lunch I'll make my self a turkey sandwich and for dinner I'll have a salad or a morning star burger. For a snack i'll have a granola bar or some kind of vegtable(carrots, radishes, celery)
Are you losing weight with your current diet? I dont know how you even function doing 6days lifting, and cardio with that little food(at 230)

For something already laid out, and easy to follow.
Check out some of these books.. Specifically "game over" or the "CHA"..
::: Scivation Books :::

gino54

gino54

Awards
not losing actully gaining weight. I'm use to the dissiness and that comes with not eating. I try not to eat untill im hungry, because i thought that if i burn more then i take in then i will be fine. Thats why i asked for help.

maurice02

maurice02

Awards
  • Established
yeah that really is not much food at all. Suprising you would be gaining............

I think you are probably eating too little at this point and need to increase your food consumption with the proper carbs/fats/protein/etc...

Do you feel a lack of energy while lifting and doing cardio? I would have to think you would be rather fatigued.

gino54

gino54

Awards
no i take some ALRI products: hyperdrive3.0 and WTF pump. gives me the energy to get through the workout. I think i just need to learn how to eat right

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
no i take some ALRI products: hyperdrive3.0 and WTF pump. gives me the energy to get through the workout. I think i just need to learn how to eat right
Read the books i posted above.. That should be good enough to set you on your way..

If your gaining weight, at those cals, your metabolism must be comatose..

Have you had any bloodwork done lately?

Ps. Id lay off the stims till you get your diet figured out..

gino54

gino54

Awards
thanks i will take a look at those books for a refrance.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Eating so little you're really screwing around with your hormone levels, which is impeding your weight-loss. You're pretty much starving yourself, and in that situation, your body will store more of the energy (i.e. food) that you consume as fat. So, even though you're eating less, a larger percentage of that small amount you do eat is being added to your gut!

There is no way you're going to lose 30 to 40 lb in a month, man. I'm sorry, but it's just not realistic. Even if you could, you want to get rid of fat, but only a portion of the weight you'd lose would be fat - the rest would be lean body mass. At best, you can lose 1-2lb of fat per week, unless your bodyfat is particularly high, but at 6', 230 I don't think your heavy enough to lose much more than that without dropping LBM.

The Game Over diet mentioned above is solid. You'll lose fat and gain muscle and maintain a healthy hormonal balance. Other options are carb cycling, the CKD, the Ultimate diet 2.0.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You are eating no where near enough. It might benefit you to look over your training as well.

3dmuscle9122

Awards
Ummm

Let me see......If you wan't to lose 40lbs in a month you could try to catch a case of botulism, or even better Tape worms!
It's better to lose the weight slower and will help keep your body from cannibalizing it's own muscle for fuel.

Let's say you were 15% body Fat right now. I bet you could get down to 7-9 % easy by June. Use a 30%fat 40%carb 30%protein ratio. important!! You must find out what your calorie maintain is. I work in an office so calorie expenditure would be less. For me I multiply body weight by 12, 186lbs x 12 = 2,232 calories. YOU: 2760cal if you are sedentary. This is just a rough guess.
Remember to lose a pound a week it takes 3500 calories.
Once you found your maintain calorie intake stick to it and adjust till you body weight stays the same. Now you can start subtracting Calories. Weigh yourself once a week in the morning after you take a piss.
Do cardio in the morning 3-4 times a week 60-70% HRMax for 20min. Add an additional 1min to that each week. Weight train 3-4 times a week and don't go over 1 1/2 a session. If you over do it with cardio or weight training you will not gain lean mass, only to shrivel up and lose motivation.

I hope this helps and good luck my friend.

gino54

gino54

Awards
Let me change something...I don't care how much I weight i jsut want to lose fat. I think I'm in the middle of the first 12 pounds of water, xmas and new years. I still wieght 230 but my pants are fitting better. I just started writing down everything i eat and the calorie content. i hope that this will help me not over eat and to eat the right things.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Check the ingredients of the foods you eat and make sure there isn't anything you should avoid. A lot of people over look this.